Daaaaaaang, zio threads are hella dead!

Search This thread

XCmaster

Dec 23, 2010
West Valley City
well after formatting the sd and factory resetting the phone, with your ROM it's still giving the same issues. hmm.. maybe my phone was meant to keep the stock ROM. haha.

XCmaster

Dec 23, 2010
West Valley City
Well just an update. I took the launcher.apk from the original boot.img and pushed it to the ROM, and still doing the same thing. But now if I do anything to change the screen (ie going into settings/pulling down the notification bar) it will clear up the frozen frames, but the second I move screens at all it freezes the frames. Still tinkering with it to see if I can get it to work though.

Sent from myAnus using XDA

Reactions: 3ncrypt3d_Droid

R33f

Jan 7, 2011
Had the same issue with my when trying to install openzio. I had to re-install factory image, reset to factory defaults.

after that boot to cwm, wipe system, data, cache.

Format davlik cache and then reboot.

Go back to cwm, restore factory defaults. and then finally flash the rom.

fix permissions after flashing.

Hope it helps if you still have issues.

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
I had the same issue I believe. VTL gives a process.acore error. This was long ago with OpenZio when it was first built.

Solution. Unpack the openzio.zip and find all the images, userdata, system, cache, data and the other one I forget atm(not recovery). Use Fastboot with the phone in fastboot and flash each img individually. Prior to flashing the images use fastboot to wipe each partition. The command is "fastboot erase whatever" or to flash the imgs its "fastboot flash whatever whatever.img" Flashing each img seperately is what worked for me. Although it didnt always work. It seems to be an issue with some handsets and not others. Flashing the openzio.zip through cwm like everyone else did NEVER worked for me, EVER.

Ironically I already bricked my Zio. I was messing around with the frameworkres.apk from one of Jerrys roms and I wasnt fast enough switching them out in root explorer. I dont have a computer to work on most of the time. So bricked it sits. Once I get to the computer I use it wont be. Just thought it was funny. I bricked the old one a million times. The Zio will never die on you even if you have to reflash it once in a while. Or more.

Obviously dont flash or erase recovery once you already have the recovery installed.

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
launcher

I can make a launcher apk. flashable zip for ya,just let Me know.

Sent from my LG-P509 using xda premium

Not sure if it's too late. That would be awesome! I was also dealing with the issue of not having usb bugging enabled and not being able to see the screen to get into the settings menu to turn it on. Yeah... that zio is messed up. Any suggestions and/or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure where it is but there was a fast boot zip of launcher apk. If you boot your phone into fast boot and cwm copy the zip to the phone and then flash the zip to your Zio it should resolve the issue

Sent from my Zio
    My zio is messed up too. I have no home/launcher or whatever you wanna call it. I can't get to settings to enable usb debugging either so none of the adb stuff works for me (so far). New to this and I don't want to buy another phone just yet. More details can be provided as to how this happened if needed. ty.

I can make a launcher apk. flashable zip for ya,just let Me know.

Have you tryed flashing my rom?
    I would try that, and see what happens.
    You can always push a launcher with adb or Droid commander.

doing this now actually.. been reading for the last hour or so and seems like you did some good work on the ROM. it's flashing now, hopefully all works well :) I'm excited to see how it goes. :)

Well it flashed and well... seems to be having a strange issue.
    When switching screens, it seems to glitch out? Like you see the icons, and when you switch screens, it's like the icons move but it freezes different frames. imma re-flash it in the morning to see if that helps any.

Im outta suggestions, I think you might have a hardware problem, but can't be for sure on that.
    I've never heard of anybody having that problem, let me know if you get the issue resolved :eek:

Well just an update. I took the launcher.apk from the original boot.img and pushed it to the ROM, and still doing the same thing. But now if I do anything to change the screen (ie going into settings/pulling down the notification bar) it will clear up the frozen frames, but the second I move screens at all it freezes the frames. Still tinkering with it to see if I can get it to work though.

Sent from myAnus using XDA