• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DAB+ APK for Car Android

Search This thread

DiveSerTan

May 31, 2016
Hello all, i got this DAB+ apk for car android at the moment tested and used on Android RK3188 4.1.1
At the moment used with DAB+ Box that plugs in to USB to enable DAB Radio.

What i require is some ones knowledge to modify this apk in more deatil, make it better and easier to use.

First thing is this is how it looks now:

As can be seen it would be nice to add favorite list, make font on the right hand size (station list) abit smaller so it fits in to the box better.

like in this modified screenshot:

and maybe allow images of station to change when station is changed (have no idea if it can be captured over wifi and updated or just added for each station individual image once station changed, Possibly make it smaller too.

The content once extracted it does have all the button images of fave list, other BG's and other bits so just needs to be implemented by some one with more deeper knowledge.

Im new here and my knowledge is limited + time, is that something possible to do, develop and maybe useful for other to use?

Any suggestions are welcome and please do correct me and excuse me if i done something not by the book :good::laugh:

Thank you,
DiveSerTan

XDA:DevDB Information
DAB+, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
DiveSerTan

Version Information

Created 2016-12-08
Last Updated 2016-12-08

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 6,093
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 6,034
I would like to join the request to make the app something different!

I am really only dissatisfied with the optics, the function of the app is impeccable! I find the colorful "smoke" terrible in the background. I do not like the kitschy radio either.
The whole look a bit more discreet and I would be happy with the app.

Let's go on guys, you've been fit in such things!

Helgeo

Jan 24, 2017
Randaberg
Just got an Erisin MTCD unit with the DAB+ interface. The app is very basic and could need the following upgrades:
1. Favorite station list
2. Automatic mute when loosing reception - now it creates a loud noise for a couple of seconds when reception is lost
3. Output station name to multifunction display over Canbus
4. Change station with steering wheel buttons
5. Service following
6. Traffic announcements

I am a software developer but not on Android, if anyone could point me in the right direction I might have a look at this myself :)

burnmw1987

Mar 20, 2017
Hi all,

I think I'm correct in stating that this is the app that comes with the Xtrons range of head units?

If so, I've just bought an Xtrons head unit with the DAB adaptor - when using this app, and then switching to something else (I.E. satnav) the audio becomes stuttery. Have any of you also had the same issue? If so - perhaps this could be looked in to as well?

Thanks in advance :)

burnmw1987

Mar 20, 2017
The same problem is with the new Joying devices and this app. Could be normal.

Thanks for the quick response!

Whilst that may be the case, surely this can't be "acceptable" behaviour? I view this as quite a major bug with the app, if it can't handle running in the background smoothly then it is all but useless. If I'm in the car then chances are I want to use the satnav app as well!

Has anyone had any better luck with another app if this one is so bad?

kalinskym

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for the quick response!

Whilst that may be the case, surely this can't be "acceptable" behaviour? I view this as quite a major bug with the app, if it can't handle running in the background smoothly then it is all but useless. If I'm in the car then chances are I want to use the satnav app as well!

Has anyone had any better luck with another app if this one is so bad?

Finally found a fix! Download the version posted in this forum:
http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639
Extremely frustrating problem that should be solved. It's from a different manufacturer, the DAB+ app but it works
It fixes the changing app stutters the sound bug.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Finally found a fix! Download the version posted in this forum:
http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639
Extremely frustrating problem that should be solved. It's from a different manufacturer, the DAB+ app but it works
It fixes the changing app stutters the sound bug.

Enjoy!
May work on your radio... but I´m frustrated too with the DAB+ apk.
I decompiled the app and found a lot of different buttons, incl. a favorites button... but no menu.
Background changes are easy, but that´s all I am able to do.

The app from autopumpkin can not be installed on my device.

I would spend some bucks to someone who would be able to get the app working in background.... and may be develop a settings menu to switch background.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I decompiled the app and found a lot of different buttons, incl. a favorites button... but no menu.

I would spend some bucks to someone who would be able to get the app working in background.... and may be develop a settings menu to switch background.

Folks...
found another update at autopumpkin:
http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1715&p=7719&hilit=DAB#p7547
This update works with another app in foreground without stuttering.
Additional: There is a menu to switch the PTY. In this case the station list shows only the stations regarding to the PTY.

kalinskym

Dec 15, 2012

What car radio stereo do you have? just checking, have you enabled unknown sources to install it.
It's an update for the existing DAB+ application

Jedimindtriks

Feb 5, 2017
Folks...
found another update at autopumpkin:
http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1715&p=7719&hilit=DAB#p7547
This update works with another app in foreground without stuttering.
Additional: There is a menu to switch the PTY. In this case the station list shows only the stations regarding to the PTY.

thats the app thats modified by realzoulou

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...b-app-realzoulous-modded-version-com-t3609608

Krzysztofq11

Dec 26, 2017
DAB MUX auto switch

Hello colleagues, I have for several months in my car radio ES3060P with android 5.1.1 to him on the USB port is connected tuner DAB + Erisin ES354 and the original DAB Player 1.0. Unfortunately, I noticed that the version of android 5, 6 or recently released 7 is always the same DAB Player.
Due to the fact that I own my DAB-MUX I test different DAB receivers and car antenna systems in the field.
Unfortunately, the DABPlayer 1.0 software has two serious disadvantages that effectively discourage the sale to anyone of the multimedia station adapted to receive digital radio in Poland. Firstly, the receiver lacks the function AF (alternative frequency) when listening to a radio station if a stronger transmitter appears, the receiver switches itself. It is enough for the software to scan the DAB bandwidth with a weak signal and jump to the same station with a stronger mux. In analogue UKF-FM, each program has its own PI code, whereas in DAB each program is always assigned the same SId number. The second disadvantage if after scanning the tuner will find several DAB-MUX and the same programs will show them all grouped side by side - the error should show only the strongest radio station, because the AF function will choose the strongest multiplex itself.

Rgs
Lukasz

emmavbarrett

Apr 28, 2018
Just got mine, disappointed there's on option to save favourite channels???

Thought this may be better than the fm radio app but looks just as bad!

markyanem

Aug 16, 2018
Dab+ parse error

Hi I’m having trouble downloading the app get parse error every time I’m new to all this my original app stopped working so deleted it now I can’t get it back please help

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Using lollipop 5.1 model I’s ice/hu/pl91mtvap

Masterfreek

Jan 27, 2019
Hi guys. I have the new octacore xtrons. I installed your application, I see the radios but I do not hear anything. why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all, i got this DAB+ apk for car android at the moment tested and used on Android RK3188 4.1.1
    At the moment used with DAB+ Box that plugs in to USB to enable DAB Radio.

What i require is some ones knowledge to modify this apk in more deatil, make it better and easier to use.

First thing is this is how it looks now:

As can be seen it would be nice to add favorite list, make font on the right hand size (station list) abit smaller so it fits in to the box better.

like in this modified screenshot:

and maybe allow images of station to change when station is changed (have no idea if it can be captured over wifi and updated or just added for each station individual image once station changed, Possibly make it smaller too.

The content once extracted it does have all the button images of fave list, other BG's and other bits so just needs to be implemented by some one with more deeper knowledge.

Im new here and my knowledge is limited + time, is that something possible to do, develop and maybe useful for other to use?

Any suggestions are welcome and please do correct me and excuse me if i done something not by the book :good::laugh:

Thank you,
    DiveSerTan

XDA:DevDB Information
    DAB+, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    DiveSerTan

Version Information

Created 2016-12-08
    Last Updated 2016-12-08