DAB+ App: (real)zoulou's DAB-Z app (official support thread)

sim1964

Feb 3, 2010
@sim1964 , @royalhawk2002, @IG_Vasilich I'll need raw recordings of all the 3 issues.
Sim, what you attached above are not raw recordings, but only audio recordings in aac format.

raw recordings are done using this procedure:
1. Enable Developer Menu: tap 7x on Settings->Info->Version , then go back, a new menu item appeared "Developer options" at the very bottom
2. Enable OMRI raw recording (you don't need to activate verbose logging)
2. Enable OMRI Mode
3. Close DAB-Z (raw recording enable/disable requires a restart of DAB-Z)
4. Reopen DAB-Z
... reproduce the issue ...
6. Go to DAB-Z Settings and disable OMRI raw recording. Restart DAB-Z again.

Afterwards, files with ending .raw exist in /DAB/rec/ folder
Download them all from the head unit, zip them and send to me.
Appologies for that, could you take a look at this one.

Sim

Attachments

Reactions: okij and realzoulou

sim1964

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks @sim1964 : Question: With version 1.8.96 (current public version), was the behavior any better?
My test using your recording of BBC Radio 4 results in: No, it was stuttering in 1.8.96 also. True?
I can't say for certain but I think it was 1.8.97
Thanks @sim1964 : Question: With version 1.8.96 (current public version), was the behavior any better?
My test using your recording of BBC Radio 4 results in: No, it was stuttering in 1.8.96 also. True?
I can't say for certain but I think it was 1.8.97 that was stutter free, I think 1 may have skipped past 1.8.96.

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
@sim1964 , @royalhawk2002, @IG_Vasilich I'll need raw recordings of all the 3 issues.
Sim, what you attached above are not raw recordings, but only audio recordings in aac format.

raw recordings are done using this procedure:
1. Enable Developer Menu: tap 7x on Settings->Info->Version , then go back, a new menu item appeared "Developer options" at the very bottom
2. Enable OMRI raw recording (you don't need to activate verbose logging)
2. Enable OMRI Mode
3. Close DAB-Z (raw recording enable/disable requires a restart of DAB-Z)
4. Reopen DAB-Z
... reproduce the issue ...
6. Go to DAB-Z Settings and disable OMRI raw recording. Restart DAB-Z again.

Afterwards, files with ending .raw exist in /DAB/rec/ folder
Download them all from the head unit, zip them and send to me.
Just to have confirmation that you reached the recording on https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15Vq25c95anskEqfzSgZq0A1h8ThfQVdv
Thanks

wainsie

Nov 23, 2013
Hi in 1.8.99 the stuttering is really bad used to be able to disable omri then re enable it to cure the stuttering on 1.8.92 but no difference on latest version

realzoulou

Nov 3, 2016
Greater Area Munich
DAB-Z release 1.8.101 (public release since 2021-01-31)

Change log:
compared to 1.8.99, which will not be released to public channel

Bugfixes
* Introduced in 1.8.97: Sometimes slideshow images are not shown (2nd fix attempt)
* Introduced in 1.8.97: Stuttering audio with ensembles containing a service with audio bitrate >= 136 kbps
* Introduced in 1.8.97: Split screen support broken

Changes
* Reverted 1.8.97 feature: Faster station change between stations on different frequencies, improved by ~0.5 sec

Last edited:

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
DAB-Z release 1.8.101 (beta)

Change log:

Bugfixes
* Introduced in 1.8.97: Sometimes slideshow images are not shown (2nd fix attempt)
* Introduced in 1.8.97: Stuttering audio with ensembles containing a service with audio bitrate >= 136 kbps

Changes
* Reverted 1.8.97 feature: Faster station change between stations on different frequencies, improved by ~0.5 sec
Thanks for your effort! I will test and let you know.

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano

Change log:

Bugfixes

Changes
It seems that now is working! Thanks

Maz89

Jan 22, 2021

Change log:

Bugfixes

Changes
Mine is worse than before. Hardly any of the stations work.

IG_Vasilich

Sep 12, 2010
Mayence, Germany
@realzoulou
1. "hr Radio" ensemble is working again, without stuttering. Thanks!
2. I am not sure whether it has worked before, and i haven't tested it with several tools, but now i see following fault:
In launcher i use (CarLauncher) there is a possibility to get current player and try to control it. So i can press 3 buttons: "prev", "next" and "play/pause". it works for music players (tested on AIMP and JetAudio). But for DAB-Z the "play/pause" button does the same as "prev" button ("prev" and "next" buttons work with DAB-Z as intended).
I can pause/play DAB from its notification bar, and after pausing it the first press of "play/payse" button from launcher works (DAB starts playing). But after that this "play/pause" launcher button behaves as "prev".
Can you, pls, check it in DAB-Z side?
If you want, i can test it also with other tools (macrodroid/tasker/whatever else allowing me to send intents or media events).

Reactions: okij

Munz84

Jan 28, 2021
Will the Dension dbu-8501-4 DAB adapter work with this app? I installed a Eonon head unit with Android 10 in my 2010 VW Touran but I am struggling to connect my Dension adapter. Anyone got any ideas? When I connect the USB it says the drive is corrupt and wants to format the drive..