[Daily] [ZIP] Unofficial CM7 Nightlies for HD2

Search This thread

charnsingh_online

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2009
Amritsar
This thread is for CM7 Nightly for HD2. These are unofficial nightlies. There will not be official nightlies ( Read upcoming CyanogenMod blog post)
I will be maintaining CM stuff for HD2 all unofficially. They are compiled from source and not ported/kanged from other devices (like bravo)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Please do NOT post bug reports on any issue tracker for these builds.

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout Gerrit instance.

These builds REQUIRE ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x. If you use ClockworkMod Recovery 2.x to flash, it will not boot.

Additionally, ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x CAN NOT BE USED to flash CM6. You will have to downgrade ClockworkMod Recovery to 2.x if you want to switch back to CM6.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your HD2 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install MAGLDR
2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x
3. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

Download link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z6B1EDDO

Gapps -
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip

needed only after first flash, after concurrent flashes gapps will persist

Link to ClockworkMod-3 - http://www.multiupload.com/41E9UMRO45
Thx RaiderX303

You can flash any Clockwork but 150mb version is recommended

Follow me on Twitter for Updates - charansingh

Last edited:

cobhc

Nov 20, 2009
Nottingham
Downloading and flashing now. I hope this doesn't have performance issues like all the ports. Every CM7 port never seemed to run as well as stock AOSP Gingerbread for me.

Edit:- Got a link for the gapps install?

Edit2:- Still has a lower framerate than AOSP as far as the UI is concerned. Must be a thing with CM7 builds in general... *sigh*

Last edited:

tweakos

Nov 30, 2010
what is the ClockworkMod-3 ? in this forum we have 1.3 version by raider RaiderX303 it is compatible with your rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for CM7 Nightly for HD2. These are unofficial nightlies. There will not be official nightlies ( Read upcoming CyanogenMod blog post)
    I will be maintaining CM stuff for HD2 all unofficially. They are compiled from source and not ported/kanged from other devices (like bravo)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Please do NOT post bug reports on any issue tracker for these builds.

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout Gerrit instance.

These builds REQUIRE ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x. If you use ClockworkMod Recovery 2.x to flash, it will not boot.

Additionally, ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x CAN NOT BE USED to flash CM6. You will have to downgrade ClockworkMod Recovery to 2.x if you want to switch back to CM6.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your HD2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install MAGLDR
    2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

Download link
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z6B1EDDO

Gapps -
    http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip

needed only after first flash, after concurrent flashes gapps will persist

Link to ClockworkMod-3 - http://www.multiupload.com/41E9UMRO45
    Thx RaiderX303

You can flash any Clockwork but 150mb version is recommended

Follow me on Twitter for Updates - charansingh
    Thanx.

10 chars
    I am working on something that will help get official cm7 leo support
    Ok guys I have done a lot of research and working in the last few days and what i have accomplished that needs to be tested -
    1. GPS libs compiled from source - bye bye kanged libs :D
    2. Find the Bluetooth Code Fixed - cya bluetooth drain bug :)

What am i trying to finish
    1. incorporate 720p stuff - Future proof plan and a lot of more fixed that it will bring to build killing most of the proprietary libs
    2. Incorporate msm flashlight so it will use a generic driver now so the torch fully works across all phones
    3. Make everything in the kernel AOSP so there are minimal bugs in rom

Also to make clear about the Open Source, this rom vs other roms etc
    This Rom has been compiled keeping specifically HD2 in mind and has a lot of hd2 related stuff in it that u cant find in any other rom. And Kernel and AOSP are related. They are not independent of each other. U can just boot any rom on any phone with the kernel for that phone and the ROM like we can never get SGS and AOSP love each other. They are related through the frameworks. Adding 720p support in kernel doesnt mean it would do that, we need to edit frameworks too, we need to add and edit libraries too. If u see about other roms, kernels are compiled from source, but the rom isnt. When the rom is compiled from source, the devs have to unpack the rom add all the HD2 related stuff in the rom and then repack it. With the vendor i made its compiles an AOSP rom without unpacking, repacking stuff straight from the oven with all the dressings included. About HD2 kernel devs (the original ones) - They have done a pretty awesome job but i would have more appreciated if they would have used AOSP kernel rather than HTC kernel as base it would have eliminated 99% of bugs. If anyone didnt try the RC i have uploaded its a lot lot different than the nightlies, i worked on it a lot adding more hd2 specific stuff maybe fixing banding and removed all bs from the hd2 rom like trackball ( never knew it didnt have one lol) I will be working on it more but i have only 15 days to my exams so it would be hard for me.

Also i request Tytung to work with me together so we can make hd2 kernel more on AOSP rather than htc stuff as AOSP IS COMPATIBLE with both sense and non sense roms
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone