• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dakar ROM by StandM for Note 8/S8 and S8+

Search This thread

standm

Jul 5, 2014
Port Elizabeth

This ROM is made for the phone Models:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-G950F)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955F)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G95xFD)

- Initial v1.1 Dakar Custom ROM by StandM
- Android version 8.0.0 (OREO)
- Samsung Experience version 9.0
- Baseband version N950FXXU5CRHA
- Kernel version 4.4.111
- Build N950FXXU5CRHA Dakar v1.1 by StandM
- Android security patch level = 1 September 2018
- Support for N950F, G950F and G955F
- Much more to come...

- Aroma Installer Options..
- Many Options, I will update this section at a later time.

Thank you for choosing the DAKAR ROM by StandM for your N8/S8/S8+
Please note that the initial installation will take some time due to the loading of several applications.
Just be patient during the initial installation.
Note that your device will restart at least once during the installation process.
I will always recommend a clean install coming from a different ROM.
Wiping cache and dalvic cache after installation is always a good idea.

Android File Host Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536987060
MDS: 4083710439631f17ae4c230d46e2db (check to make sure)

I can also be contacted on [email protected]

Please consider a donation towards development of this ROM as I will try my best to keep updates going.: https://www.paypal.me/standm

Please let me know what you think.

CREDITS
Special thanks to Ambasadii for ROM base
Tkkg1994 & Indie & Farovitus & djb77 & DJmax81 for kernel's
Topjohnwu - Magisk root
Osmosis - Busybox
Worstenbrood - Dolby Atmos™
Zubi182 - Dual speaker sound mod
Josete_1976 - Touchwiz mod
Zeroprobe - ZeroCamera mod
Noxxxious - Modified TWRP
If I have not mentioned anyone please let me know.

Enjoy the ROM!!!

Last edited:

Mariusz_Trynkiewicz

Feb 10, 2017
No offensive but will it Another stock ROM which will be dead in next few days without any updates ?? We got plenty of that and most roms dont have any changes at all . Weta was only rom with dolby atmos drivers preinstalled , delux rom had boosted animations and taimed got stock gapps .

Last edited:

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
No offensive but will it Another stock ROM which will be dead in next few days without any updates ?? We got plenty of that and most roms dont have any changes at all . Weta was only rom with dolby atmos drivers preinstalled , delux rom had boosted animations and taimed got stock gapps .

You will never know if one day he will make a good maybe best rom. At least he is trying. No one is forcing you to use his rom.

There is limited support for the N8, we should welcome all new roms and encourage development, not put down before you even try it!
Sorry it is nothing that YOU want...

Reactions: Mariusz_Trynkiewicz

standm

Jul 5, 2014
Port Elizabeth
Why don't you download it and see. I am trying my best to make the ROM comfortable and easy to use with no issues.

Reactions: gsser

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Why don't you download it and see. I am trying my best to make the ROM comfortable and easy to use with no issues.
Dont mind that bully, he is just one other kind of non appreciating people. Like the ones "why there are no aosp or non touchwiz rom etc." Many dev left here because of kinds of like him.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This ROM is made for the phone Models:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-G950F)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955F)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G95xFD)

- Initial v1.1 Dakar Custom ROM by StandM
    - Android version 8.0.0 (OREO)
    - Samsung Experience version 9.0
    - Baseband version N950FXXU5CRHA
    - Kernel version 4.4.111
    - Build N950FXXU5CRHA Dakar v1.1 by StandM
    - Android security patch level = 1 September 2018
    - Support for N950F, G950F and G955F
    - Much more to come...

- Aroma Installer Options..
    - Many Options, I will update this section at a later time.

Thank you for choosing the DAKAR ROM by StandM for your N8/S8/S8+
    Please note that the initial installation will take some time due to the loading of several applications.
    Just be patient during the initial installation.
    Note that your device will restart at least once during the installation process.
    I will always recommend a clean install coming from a different ROM.
    Wiping cache and dalvic cache after installation is always a good idea.

Android File Host Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536987060
    MDS: 4083710439631f17ae4c230d46e2db (check to make sure)

I can also be contacted on [email protected]

Please consider a donation towards development of this ROM as I will try my best to keep updates going.: https://www.paypal.me/standm

Please let me know what you think.

CREDITS
    Special thanks to Ambasadii for ROM base
    Tkkg1994 & Indie & Farovitus & djb77 & DJmax81 for kernel's
    Topjohnwu - Magisk root
    Osmosis - Busybox
    Worstenbrood - Dolby Atmos™
    Zubi182 - Dual speaker sound mod
    Josete_1976 - Touchwiz mod
    Zeroprobe - ZeroCamera mod
    Noxxxious - Modified TWRP
    If I have not mentioned anyone please let me know.

Enjoy the ROM!!!
    Dont mind that bully, he is just one other kind of non appreciating people. Like the ones "why there are no aosp or non touchwiz rom etc." Many dev left here because of kinds of like him.

You will never know if one day he will make a good maybe best rom. At least he is trying. No one is forcing you to use his rom.
    Apologies for taking so long to upload again. Our line speeds in South Africa are not the greatest. Let me know what you think.
    I will restore it later today.