Question "Dark mode for third-party apps" is not listing all apps

Search This thread

CherryDT

Feb 20, 2011
Hi everyone, I had a Realme X2 before, and under "Dark mode for third-party apps" I saw all my apps and was enable to enable dark mode for each of them. This worked great for most apps.

But on my new Realme 8 Pro, I only see a handful of apps listed in this menu. Most of my apps are not shown there and I cannot turn dark mode on there.

The only way I found was to enable "force dark mode override" in developer settings but this then affects all apps and I can't select which, and it is cleared on reboot...

What am I missing here? Why are most apps not listed in this menu in the 8 Pro when they were all there on the X2?

I'm happy for any hint - thank you!

mentalità

Sep 19, 2012
Hi everyone, I had a Realme X2 before, and under "Dark mode for third-party apps" I saw all my apps and was enable to enable dark mode for each of them. This worked great for most apps.

But on my new Realme 8 Pro, I only see a handful of apps listed in this menu. Most of my apps are not shown there and I cannot turn dark mode on there.

The only way I found was to enable "force dark mode override" in developer settings but this then affects all apps and I can't select which, and it is cleared on reboot...

What am I missing here? Why are most apps not listed in this menu in the 8 Pro when they were all there on the X2?

I'm happy for any hint - thank you!
i can only see 3 app, but it's ok because the other apps have a dark mode in their settings.
In that list, incompatible apps or apps that already have a dark mode setting, are not listed

CherryDT

Feb 20, 2011
Thank you for your answer, but the thing is, on my old phone, the Realme X2, almost all apps were listed there. And most of the missing ones don't have a dark mode, that's why I'm asking this question. I'm not sure in what way they could be "incompatible" because again on my old phone I was using the system dark mode for most of them and it worked great (for example Amazon Shopping, Airbnb, BAWAG PSK,...)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone