• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dark mode while using theme?

Search This thread
Feb 23, 2021
USA
Hey now, just was wondering if there was a way to enable dark mode throughout all my apps while using a theme? I've been interested in android customization for years but am still un educated on it all. I don't have root on my note10+, is there a way to do this without it? Thanks all

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I'm running Pie with night mode always on.
Works pretty well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-141725_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-141725_Settings.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 29

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Stock Samsungs especially the 10+ are very customizable. The Good Lock family of apps.
Hundreds of free icon packs and themes.
No 3rd party launcher needed nor desirable.
Pick theme/icon pack, set background wallpaper, done.
I'm using one of the high contrast themes. Stock icon pack from Galaxy store. Quickstar customizing the pulldown menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-142325_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-142325_One UI Home.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210923-142330_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-142330_One UI Home.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 30

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I wanted to have dark mode enabled due to it effecting a lot of apps interfaces but can't seem to have it enabled along with a theme at the same time. Is there a way around it?
As I described above. It doesn't work in some apps like gmail but works in Brave, Samsung browser and in most of the Samsung system apps. Pick the theme that has the desired colors for phone, keyboard etc.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
It takes a few hours to sort through the many icon packs but you'll find free ones you will like.
The basic high contrast theme works best for me. Use One Handed Operation Plus for side switches.

From Playstore:
I use the apps Color wallpaper and Color Wallpaper to generate custom backgrounds for homepage, and additional pages. Digi Clock widget allows you to make customized clock faces, colors, sizes, etc. Low battery usage.
Includes 4 custom assignable switch quadrants.

Samsung's are the most customizable stock Androids on the planets.
It ain't no lame homely plain Jane iPhone 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-213055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-213055_Gallery.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 22

ThaTTT

Mar 29, 2013
Hey now, just was wondering if there was a way to enable dark mode throughout all my apps while using a theme? I've been interested in android customization for years but am still un educated on it all. I don't have root on my note10+, is there a way to do this without it? Thanks all
Why u didn't use Samsung Theme Park? With that app you can change the whole Android Theme. You must install Goodlock to use this.

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
It takes a few hours to sort through the many icon packs but you'll find free ones you will like.
The basic high contrast theme works best for me. Use One Handed Operation Plus for side switches.

From Playstore:
I use the apps Color wallpaper and Color Wallpaper to generate custom backgrounds for homepage, and additional pages. Digi Clock widget allows you to make customized clock faces, colors, sizes, etc. Low battery usage.
Includes 4 custom assignable switch quadrants.

Samsung's are the most customizable stock Androids on the planets.
It ain't no lame homely plain Jane iPhone 🤣
Care to share what you defined for your swipes in those 4 handles of One-Handed Operation?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Care to share what you defined for your swipes in those 4 handles of One-Handed Operation?
It will go up to 6 handles. If you want though you can enter up to 36 separate switches🤣
Long/short stroke doubles the number. Enabling this makes it more problematic to use though so it best the keep it simple.

The power window is one, navigation commands come in real handy, and a couple apps. I copy some commands to more than one handle. Depending on the position of the handle some of the swipe positions are awkward and best not used. I need to spend some time with the settings/apps and optimize it proper.

My Digi Clock widget also has a set of quad touch switches I use constantly.
Hiding in plain sight🤣

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
This widget is so cool. Any colors, fonts you want. Allows for 100% seamless backup, works with SmartSwitch too. Low battery use. Rock solid.
One of my favorite apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-195617_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-195617_One UI Home.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 14

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
Not sure, but I noticed it's very similar to the one I'm using: Digital Clock and Weather Widget, and it's much cheaper. Don't know yet though, if there's much/significant difference.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Not sure, but I noticed it's very similar to the one I'm using: Digital Clock and Weather Widget, and it's much cheaper. Don't know yet though, if there's much/significant difference.
It's the free version. No ads on mine are showing. I can block ads anyway if needed.
It has my 4 most used apps linked to it, no wasted space.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks bro. Youtube and apkmirror seem to dodge it and makes you wait. Perhaps there's some other trick for YT ads? Cheers again!
You're welcome

The Adguard works best for app ads on the phone. Brave picks off a lot too but Adguard seems to be getting some. It will block some sites and occasionally slow loading down but generally runs smoothly as is.
Loading the Adguard app probably make it much more functional. Just not on the front burner...
YT is a menace... I tend to limit it's use because of that.

Reactions: sherpa25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right, 36 switches, that's a lot. :)

What's the exact name, is it 'Digi Clock Widget'? It allows switches too? Thanks!
    Thanks, set that Private DNS.

What's 'Karma Firma', that an app too? Couldn't find it. Thanks again!
    Karma Firewall, sorry.
    However in Android 10 and above it's valuable logging feature is disabled. Gookill big sister Android sucks...
    Works perfectly in Pie and under (before Gookill completely Appled out).
    Thanks bro. Youtube and apkmirror seem to dodge it and makes you wait. Perhaps there's some other trick for YT ads? Cheers again!
    You're welcome

The Adguard works best for app ads on the phone. Brave picks off a lot too but Adguard seems to be getting some. It will block some sites and occasionally slow loading down but generally runs smoothly as is.
    Loading the Adguard app probably make it much more functional. Just not on the front burner...
    YT is a menace... I tend to limit it's use because of that.
    I'm running Pie with night mode always on.
    Works pretty well.
    Stock Samsungs especially the 10+ are very customizable. The Good Lock family of apps.
    Hundreds of free icon packs and themes.
    No 3rd party launcher needed nor desirable.
    Pick theme/icon pack, set background wallpaper, done.
    I'm using one of the high contrast themes. Stock icon pack from Galaxy store. Quickstar customizing the pulldown menu.
    I wanted to have dark mode enabled due to it effecting a lot of apps interfaces but can't seem to have it enabled along with a theme at the same time. Is there a way around it?
    As I described above. It doesn't work in some apps like gmail but works in Brave, Samsung browser and in most of the Samsung system apps. Pick the theme that has the desired colors for phone, keyboard etc.