• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dasaita - Boot Logo animation format, Dasaita Px5, 4Gb ram Oreo

Search This thread

jerrymh

Feb 8, 2016
Hello, does anyone know what format is used for the animated logo of the Dasaita units PX5 android 8 Oreo? There is an option that allows you to load an animated logo but I do not know what format this radio uses. I have tried to place a zip file called bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip from the costum file selector, but it does not recognize it. There is some specific file format that this unit uses for the animated logos?.

Already donwloaded from this thread,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...evelopment/mod-boot-animation-toyota-t3351617

kupa

Nov 19, 2008
Fkg, Sweden
Hello, does anyone know what format is used for the animated logo of the Dasaita units PX5 android 8 Oreo? There is an option that allows you to load an animated logo but I do not know what format this radio uses. I have tried to place a zip file called bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip from the costum file selector, but it does not recognize it. There is some specific file format that this unit uses for the animated logos?.

Already donwloaded from this thread,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...evelopment/mod-boot-animation-toyota-t3351617

You can’t use files downloaded from that thread for Custom animation.

You have to be rooted and put bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip in /system/media and chose “Dancing droids…….” in the dropdown menu in Factory settings/Car Logo. Don’t forget to rename or take a copy of original bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip before doing that, if you want to restore original. Reboot and you have a new animation.

I have used all Toyota animations from the thread you mentioned and they are just fine. I’ve created a couple of animations of my own, they are also just fine.

When it comes to Custom animation, I wouldn’t call that animation. You can use jpg files and then a dark shadow will move slowly over the screen, it’s a “cheap” animation imo.

jerrymh

Feb 8, 2016
You can’t use files downloaded from that thread for Custom animation.

You have to be rooted and put bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip in /system/media and chose “Dancing droids…….” in the dropdown menu in Factory settings/Car Logo. Don’t forget to rename or take a copy of original bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip before doing that, if you want to restore original. Reboot and you have a new animation.

I have used all Toyota animations from the thread you mentioned and they are just fine. I’ve created a couple of animations of my own, they are also just fine.

When it comes to Custom animation, I wouldn’t call that animation. You can use jpg files and then a dark shadow will move slowly over the screen, it’s a “cheap” animation imo.

The Dasaita PX5 that I Have, has an option to charge a costum JPG, PNG, and animation without root, but I do not know the file extension of that animation.