• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10

Search This thread

Alexandru.nae

May 8, 2021
Is it an MTCD/E device and what does the reseller suggest when contacted for support.
The seller ask me to check the cables from times to times, nothing near the issue. In the meantime i run a MUT3 diagnose on the car, I have U0245 error, canbus timeout. The idea is that rockford amplifier and rear camera are working well so the canbus it's working for few things. Only for the atached setting doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks

Attachments

• 20210602_190016.jpg
    20210602_190016.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
The seller ask me to check the cables from times to times, nothing near the issue. In the meantime i run a MUT3 diagnose on the car, I have U0245 error, canbus timeout. The idea is that rockford amplifier and rear camera are working well so the canbus it's working for few things. Only for the atached setting doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks

On noes, not U0245. If reseller has no suggestions, fire could be answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: casskadin

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
When you change settings in the Vehicle Settings app, that is a WRITE to Canbus operation. When the reverse camera works, it is a READ operation as the system is "reading" the reverse signal state. I would suggest looking at the Canbus settings in the Factory settings to make sure the correct vehicle is chosen and the correct revision for your particular car is chosen.

To get to the factory settings, go to Settings... Car Settings.... Factory Settings... enter 126, then choose the Canbus option at the top. Verify that the correct make/model/year car is chosen or the closest one to your particular vehicle. Hope this helps.

Alexandru.nae

May 8, 2021
Hi, thanks for your advice. I do it already, no luck. For sure it's a RX/TX issue but I cant figure out how to fix it. Also I run MUT3 diagnose on the car, I have 'audio can bus' time outs. I run also can bus line repair with MUT3, no luck. I am going crazy if I will not fix the issue. :)

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
When I had the delay function, I could not hear that much difference in what it provided vs the regular fader functionality. Quite honestly if one wanted more precise control over the sound stage you would need to install an external DSP unit.

I've been wondering if one could get "true" digital audio output on these units from the HDMI output. They make adapters to extract the digital audio to TOSLINK (fiber optic cable). I actually use one of these on my home theater setup. That fiber optic could be fed into an external DSP. But honestly is it really worth throwing the extra hardware at it since it's just a car audio system? Many would probably agree that it's impractical or of no use with these head units as they "are what they are."

Might be fun thing to try, I guess. To each their own, I suppose.
You don't need a digital output for an external DSP if that's what you are needing it for. You can use the rca outputs to a dsp. I have the AXXESS dsp which works through rca. It is bluetooth so all your adjustments are done on your phone. It sounds really good

AX-DSP-X_web.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Whether I "need" digital or not, I know I can get audio complete with all the electrical noise I could never want from the RCA output. I was thinking about getting something "reasonably" close to a pure digital output signal without throwing much extra hardware at it. Joying has toslink output which can be driven into an external DSP. Was wondering if similar could be obtained somehow from these that have HDMI output instead of a dedicated fiber optic output. Honestly I don't even know if digital audio is even being carried on the HDMI output. Knowing how cheaply made these are, the HDMI might carry the video signal only.

However I will consider using the suggested Axxess module.

Last edited:

Apollon2

Mar 20, 2021
Whether I "need" digital or not, I know I can get audio complete with all the electrical noise I could never want from the RCA output. I was thinking about getting something "reasonably" close to a pure digital output signal without throwing much extra hardware at it. Joying has toslink output which can be driven into an external DSP. Was wondering if similar could be obtained somehow from these that have HDMI output instead of a dedicated fiber optic output. Honestly I don't even know if digital audio is even being carried on the HDMI output. Knowing how cheaply made these are, the HDMI might carry the video signal only.

IF there is audio output on the hdmi-port (which could be easily tested) you might want to consider this to extract the audio signal: https://www.amazon.de/AmazonBasics-Audio-Extractor-Konverter-Audio-SPDIF-Stereo/dp/B07KRWYN4R

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
@Apollon2 Thank you. That is the type device I had in mind and the one you suggest is quite inexpensive. I use a similar device on my home theater to extract audio from my Chromecast and other HDMI devices to feed into the fiber optic input of my audio amp/receiver.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg

I have ZERO noise issues since I ran a separate ground from the head unit chassis to the dsp and to the amps. I used to have some electronic noise from the bluetooth, and the screen, but even that is gone now. It's about as clean as my pioneer and Kenwood now. That's kind of an anecdotal answer though because I know others seem to have noise issues no matter what they do.

I know the hdmi carries video. (I have dual touch screens set up in front and back). It mirrors what ever you have on the main screen (the touch function works through a separate usb connection) but I never tested the audio on it.
It wouldn't be too hard to test but because it simply mirrors the main screen, I doubt it carries audio.

As for joying's digital outputs (and teyes as well)... I think they may run a bit cleaner but I would be surprised if the DACS inside them are high quality so you're probably loosing a bit of audio signal in the process too. They more than likely clip some of the audio out while clipping the noise (that's how cheap dacs handle noise)....although I have not tested them. That's just a guess.... and I won't bother testing either. I don't have enough faith in them to spend the money trying. I chalk it all up to more of a gimmick than anything else. You certainly don't see digital outputs on high-end pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood.

Last edited:

PoppaRoxie1986

Jan 11, 2018
I think the main reason we don't see digital out on the Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, etc. is because there's little demand for this as it always requires additional hardware to use it. True that it does come down to whatever they're feeding into that digital stream and the actual implementation. It's likely that the Joying (and others) fiber optic out is implemented as cheaply as possible with little concern for audio quality. It's likely more of a gimmick, IMO.

I cannot help wondering why some are here if the brand name head units are so much better and why did those same people spend money on these Chinese units instead of a branded unit? I don't want to send this thread off on a tangent but just wondering.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
I think the main reason we don't see digital out on the Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, etc. is because there's little demand for this as it always requires additional hardware to use it. True that it does come down to whatever they're feeding into that digital stream and the actual implementation. It's likely that the Joying (and others) fiber optic out is implemented as cheaply as possible with little concern for audio quality. It's likely more of a gimmick, IMO.

I cannot help wondering why some are here if the brand name head units are so much better and why did those same people spend money on these Chinese units instead of a branded unit? I don't want to send this thread off on a tangent but just wondering.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a higher end pioneer and Kenwood sitting in my closet right now. The pioneer cost me $1200 and the Kenwood cost $1100 (as compared to my Dasaita at $550)

Both the Pioneer and the Kenwood have VASTLY BETTER sound quality right out of the box, they work as advertised and are not finicky at all, and both are OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED to run CarPlay/AA.

I have instead opted for the Dasaita because it operates as a better overall information center. I can get more engine data to show on the Dasaita, I can get more navigation information (and programs) on Dasaita... I can customize the dasaita more.... it is simply a much more flexible machine.
Now I have had to spend a lot of extra money on external dsp's and amps to get the dasaita to sound similar to the kenwood and pioneer, but it is doable.

As for digital outputs... higher end equipment don't have the digital outputs because they can't put out really high quality audio. Even on high end home receiver systems, they have moved away from digital outputs are almost all analog or hdmi because the bandwidth on digital output is just too restrictive. You can't even run fully uncompressed audio on digital like you can hdmi or analog. It's just not fast enough.

SchWeinSAuG

Sep 7, 2013
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey dudes, i need some help.
I returned my Xtrons and got Dasaita max10 today.

Wanted to flash Malaysk Lite Mod on Max10. Push in the SD card and flashed the update.zip.

Unfortunatly this file was not the lite mod zip, no it was the stock rom from my Xtrons device.
But it booted and i realized what i have just done.
Instead of flashing the Stock rom of Max10 i flashed the lite mod zip 🙃🙈. Yes..
Well it flashed but screen went back after reboot.
There was a wrong dmcu.Img file on the sd card as well which probably got flashed too.
I can plug in HDMI and had the screen on tv. But no screen of recovery..

I was able to flash latest Stock rom and latest MCU update but screen is still white.

Button mapping is also still not working.,
Most buttons do nothing when pressed Back button is volune down.
When i hit the update button Hdmi screen goes off, i cant see nothing the whole update process. Only when it reboots after process screen goes on again.

Pretty strange, all updated with correct files but output still corrupt.

PXL_20210622_225833147-01.jpeg

PXL_20210623_153611231-01.jpeg

Anyone an idea what i could do?

suchar20

Nov 4, 2020
Hey dudes, i need some help.
I returned my Xtrons and got Dasaita max10 today.

Wanted to flash Malaysk Lite Mod on Max10. Push in the SD card and flashed the update.zip.

Unfortunatly this file was not the lite mod zip, no it was the stock rom from my Xtrons device.
But it booted and i realized what i have just done.
Instead of flashing the Stock rom of Max10 i flashed the lite mod zip 🙃🙈. Yes..
Well it flashed but screen went back after reboot.
There was a wrong dmcu.Img file on the sd card as well which probably got flashed too.
I can plug in HDMI and had the screen on tv. But no screen of recovery..

I was able to flash latest Stock rom and latest MCU update but screen is still white.

Button mapping is also still not working.,
Most buttons do nothing when pressed Back button is volune down.
When i hit the update button Hdmi screen goes off, i cant see nothing the whole update process. Only when it reboots after process screen goes on again.

Pretty strange, all updated with correct files but output still corrupt.

View attachment 5345803

View attachment 5345801

Anyone an idea what i could do?
Hello. I also had such a problem with the screen after uploading the wrong software. I was able to restore the screen after entering the code. Go to settings - car settings - factory settings and then enter the code hcttest252 and restore factory settings (confirm). The whole process of restoring the proper screen took quite a long time, but gradually this white spot disappeared. I'm just not sure which code I managed to fix it with, the first or the second. I remember trying with two codes. I am familiar with the three codes hcttest252 high resolution mode 1280x720 for the Max10 version. The second is hcttest253, the monochrome mode is like in your case. The third code is hcttest256, reduced resolution 1024x720, it is probably for the Max6 version. Greetings.

Attachments

• 20210106_144810.jpg
    20210106_144810.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210106_185744.jpg
    20210106_185744.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210106_162632.jpg
    20210106_162632.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: SchWeinSAuG

SchWeinSAuG

Sep 7, 2013
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello. I also had such a problem with the screen after uploading the wrong software. I was able to restore the screen after entering the code. Go to settings - car settings - factory settings and then enter the code hcttest252 and restore factory settings (confirm). The whole process of restoring the proper screen took quite a long time, but gradually this white spot disappeared. I'm just not sure which code I managed to fix it with, the first or the second. I remember trying with two codes. I am familiar with the three codes hcttest252 high resolution mode 1280x720 for the Max10 version. The second is hcttest253, the monochrome mode is like in your case. The third code is hcttest256, reduced resolution 1024x720, it is probably for the Max6 version. Greetings.
Thanks man.

Managed to get screen back with "screen:13" in dmcu.ext file.

Buttons are still messed up.
When i factory reset with hcttest252, screen goes white again.

Seems like my devce still thinks its another one.
I dont know how to force it to set back to original.

SchWeinSAuG

Sep 7, 2013
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro
I would try to change to screen18 in dmcu.ext. For me, such a change also helped with the screen.
PXL_20210624_165202634-01.jpeg

Screen:18
No good. But screen it not my biggest trouble, i am fine with screen:13 result.
My biggest concern is i cant map my buttons.
Cant change **** in factory settings 126, Key Study, my buttons are not recognized.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,
    Here are the latest updates for Dasaita HU, Android 10, as of 12/18/2020.
    Merry Christmas !!!
    1.Here the latest link with Android 10.0 system and updates:
    PX6 android 10 (1113)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-wBK8rvVZsXT_5IjN3MyuMY00utZZX/view?usp=sharing

Please download, You need to unzip the "HA2-rk3399" file and then ONLY put the file named "update.zip" to the USB stick (format the USB firstly).
    Finally, click the setting > system > system updates to update it.
    2.Here the latest link with MCU and updates
    V 3.67
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/u17fk5

Please download then ONLY put the file named "dmcu" to the USB (format the USB firstly).
    Otherwise, the car radio can't find the file to update.
    Finally, click the setting > system > MCU update to update it.
    Hope the update can help you fix the issue.

Notice: There can only be one update file in the USB stick or SD card when you update the system or MCU.
    I don't want to invest any more money. I find the delay function quite good. But I did the update because of the problem with the reversing signal. Dasaita says you can not downgrade the device. Is this true?
    I am now afraid that the device will not work after the downgrade.
    Is it possible to reload the current software and MCU via the recovery mode at any time?
    I also wonder if the delay function is implemented in the MCU or in the software.
    I would think it is implemented in the MCU but enabled/disabled in the amplifier app. They just chose to remove that functionality so as to incrementally cripple the head unit. This is done so that those who update the firmware on every release will lose something to "gain" something else or just lose all the way around. They progressively cripple these head units in such ways to make you feel like the unit is worthless in a couple years to the point that you'll end up buying the next big thing or throwing it out for "another brand" which in many cases is really the same brand just presented under a different name. Then the cripple cycle with that unit starts.
    Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
    I have posted a tutorial with pictures on how to map the touch keys, might be helpful for you:

Thanks, will give it a test drive after work.
    By the way... I'm using this launcher for MAX10 HU