Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10

Search This thread

JigenKing

Feb 9, 2021
Just got a replacement unit, its kinda weird that the one I ordered in January and the one that came today has different housings for the screen. Makes me wonder if that was the reason why I had screen flickering issues, different panels / backlights for the screens. The one with the black back is the newer unit.

Attachments

• PXL_20210308_013711434.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210308_013711434.MP.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 129
  • PXL_20210308_002237702.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210308_002237702.MP.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
  • PXL_20210308_002241505.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210308_002241505.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 128

JigenKing

Feb 9, 2021
Does anyone know of a way to restart the headunit without turning the car on and off? Occasionally my bluetooth won't initialize and it won't connect to any devices unless i turn the car off and on again.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Does anyone know of a way to restart the headunit without turning the car on and off? Occasionally my bluetooth won't initialize and it won't connect to any devices unless i turn the car off and on again.
Every Dasaita I have seen has a rest hole somewhere on the front panel. Stick a paperclip in the hole and hold the button until the front button lights flash, then release. The head unit will reboot.

Reactions: marchnz

goygfamily

Apr 10, 2021
Hello expert i would like to check is it possible to update my current android version 9 to 10

Attachments

• 20210411_021536.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 32

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    I wouldn't. You're asking for trouble. I have had both 9 and 10 and there really isn't enough difference to warrant the risk of an update. A lot can go wrong for almost no gain at all
    Quite right.

From what I can tell there is a fallacious driven want to update to get a higher number and the belief you're getting something "better" :)

Reactions: jlbooth

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    And it's not like we get any kind of revision notes and even if we did, would they be useful when new firmware versions are released. Often the updates break way more than they fix. I'm tempted to give that March Dasaita PX6 release a try but thing is that I have a pretty good working system now.

As they say, if it ain't broke...don't install new firmware to break it!!

Reactions: marchnz

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
    Hi, I got the reply from Dasaita yesterday told me to try unplug and reinstall HU connections. I tried but nothing changed even I have reset the Factory settings. So, the seller told me to send the unit back for a replacement. It will take a while since my HU was sent from China to Canada. I will keep you update when the replacement one arrived.
    for some reason last week my unit was also auto launching Zlink every time I switched on the car, it had never done this before, since you can't delete it, tried deleting the storage and cache, and also tried just deleting the directory with file explorer, but didn't help. Then looked in the factory settings, and there you can just disable the app, just like apple carplay, now problem is solved. Still weird that this suddenly happened since I have the unit in my car for months now. Only problem is still the rebooting of the unit now and then, only seems to happen just a few minutes after driving away, same for cold or hot weather.

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
    Thanks!

I also have 2 of the same Dasaita units. One has been installed for 6 months with no issues.

When the second one was purchased from Amazon, Dasaita contacted via email and said that an MCU and firmware update was needed. I used the same "stock" link that you posted and updated both units.
    The older unit works fine. The new one is doing this "auto launch" of navigation.

I contacted Dasaita and they claimed I was using the wrong firmware and sent this via email:

"Hi, Mark Johnson
    you need to update the system.
    Here you go for the update link:
    MAX10
    PX6 10.0 HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20201214) https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/f3gyol

PX6 android 10 (1113)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-wBK8rvVZsXT_5IjN3MyuMY00utZZX/view?usp=sharing

Please download, then ONLY put that zip format file to the usb (format the usb before you use it to make sure only one file in the usb)."

I updated with the first file and the unit was doing the same thing.
    I tried to update with the second file and the unit begins upgrade and then gives an error that says I cannot downgrade firmware. After the error, it defaults to recovery menu.

Quick question on the Malaysk firmware:
    Does this firmware have the Z-Link app? Or some way to use Android Auto?

Thanks!
    Can you explain why you would want to use android auto when you have an android headunit? The reason for me to change the stock (android auto compatible) headunit, is because I don't want to connect my phone or use my phone navigation or what not, I can now just navigate on the headunit itself instead of using it as a mirroring device for my phone.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Can you explain why you would want to use android auto when you have an android headunit? The reason for me to change the stock (android auto compatible) headunit, is because I don't want to connect my phone or use my phone navigation or what not, I can now just navigate on the headunit itself instead of using it as a mirroring device for my phone.

Agree. These pseudo screen mirroring apps seem pointless. My thinking is buy a genunie andriod auto unit if that's what is desired.

These greybox units are always going to be poor equivalents for just screen mirroring.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Android Auto *app* suits at least 2 specific needs/desires when driving the car - navigation and music. The good side of Android Auto is the consistent interface. No guessing what to do regardless of what head unit is being used.

The statement "Android Auto headunit" is confusing in the difference between "Android Operating system in my car 'Auto'" as opposed to the Google app called Android Auto. Two distinctly different things although however the Android OS in my car option might offer more flexibility in what all you can do and install. When I'm driving I don't necessarily need all that flexibility.

Plus with wireless Android Auto, why not use it? If I had to plug the phone in every time I was driving maybe Android Auto would have a little inconvenience. If this was anything like screen mirroring, I wouldn't use it. The visual user interface for Android Auto is tailored for use when driving it's not really a "replacement for screen mirroring."

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Android Auto *app* suits at least 2 specific needs/desires when driving the car - navigation and music. The good side of Android Auto is the consistent interface. No guessing what to do regardless of what head unit is being used.

The statement "Android Auto headunit" is confusing in the difference between "Android Operating system in my car 'Auto'" as opposed to the Google app called Android Auto. Two distinctly different things although however the Android OS in my car option might offer more flexibility in what all you can do and install. When I'm driving I don't necessarily need all that flexibility.

Plus with wireless Android Auto, why not use it? If I had to plug the phone in every time I was driving maybe Android Auto would have a little inconvenience. If this was anything like screen mirroring, I wouldn't use it. The visual user interface for Android Auto is tailored for use when driving it's not really a "replacement for screen mirroring."

I think you mean "Android Auto for phones" which is essentially a launcher.

The topic is the pointless (on greybox Android headunits) zlink mirroring app, not launchers.

But yes, buy a genuine android auto unit for that consistent user interface.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    No I don't mean Android Auto for phones. Android Auto is an app that can be installed on just about any Android device including a headunit that runs Android in the car. And I respectfully ask what is an "Android auto head unit" by your definition? If such exists where does that leave factory head units that can support Android Auto app as defined by Google?

Do you mean a head unit that "runs Android OS in the car" which is a different thing than Android Auto? Our MTCD/E units technically meet that definition but are not for the sole purpose of running Android Auto app or projection from the phone. In some respects, if running Android Auto was only thing one were going to do with one of these $300-600 head units, that's kind of a waste of money, perhaps or waste of technology in the car, maybe.

Top Liked Posts

Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
      The ZLink app can be unreliable as it might work fine one drive then not work at all next time you want to use it. It's pretty nice when it works, but can be quite finicky.

Seems like these head units need a factory reset every so often to get back to a reliable or at least a working state especially with regard to using wireless phone projection (aka Android Auto).

It might be just as well to install music apps on the unit and use Google maps on the device without the phone projection. Only downside about that is having to start the mobile hotspot everytime.

Guess it comes down to what others here have said, you kind of end up deciding what works best for you.
      Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
      And for clarifcation and to share my opinion, I don't think Zlink is a pointless application. What's going to be pointless and crappy for us is somewhere in the future when Zlink no longer works because of updates to the Android Auto app and/or Android OS itself.
      So by your definition the only "Android Auto" headunits are the factory units where the car manufacturers have paid Google or the branded Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc? I find that rather odd being stated in a forum mostly about Chinese head units.

There wasn't an app called "Android Auto for phones" until Google recently integrated AA with recent Android updates. Plus "Android Auto for phones" is a different Ui than what is seen on the headunit screen.

I find paying $500 for one of these Chinese units a lot less expensive than buying a 2021 model car to get the *exact* same UI. I agree that the quality of these headunits vary from absurdly cheap junk to pretty well built for what they are devices.

And I think that @jlbooth is pretty much correct.
      Lol "gray box" forums. No need for either @marchnz or @jlbooth to draw swords here. So let's agree to disagree and we can all move on. No need for drama.

Despite what you @marchnz said about me misunderstanding, I think I understand what you're both saying and it seems something is getting lost in the interpretation from both sides.
      different people mean different opinions, my new Toyota had a factory headunit in it which had apple carplay, and supposedly in the near future Android Auto should also work. Within a week that I had the car I exchanged the headunit for a Dasaita PX6. Simply because i want to use my own navigation app (at least untill Toyota designs a app that looks like 2021 instead of 1985 or something). Even if Android Auto would work, why the hell would I want to use my headunit just to mirror my phone? Then I can also just put a phone holder on the dashboard...
      On the Dasaita I can load any app I want and manage just from there.
      When I brought it to the dealer for maintenance I overheard them saying 'what a dumb customer, he pasted an Android tablet over the radio, he clearly doesn't understand he can use apple carplay', why does everybody assume one has an apple device?? I for sure never in my life am going to buy anything from apple.
      And even then, why use a limited version of my phone and also drain the battery? Especially if you use the phones navigation it won't last a 10 hour trip. Yes I can charge it, but why take it out of my bag in the first place?
      Making calls via bluetooth works fine without taking the phone, and in the car that's all I need from the phone.
      I hear most people say they want to stream music, so why not just put your music on a flashdrive and just plug it in the car, it will play automatically, still no need to fiddle around with the phone.

That said, wish the dasaita had a bit more customizable UI, was looking at a TEyes just now, that looks to have a lot smoother interface. Furthermore the only complaint I have with these devices is that every time they reboot, they disactivate administrator apps, so you can't password protect apps/settings with eg applock or something, they are deactivated after reboot, I see this as a big disadvantage to having my google account on it. I have an onboard camera and saw the garage mechanic browsing in my apps....
      Hello everybody,
      Here are the latest updates for Dasaita HU, Android 10, as of 12/18/2020.
      Merry Christmas !!!
      1.Here the latest link with Android 10.0 system and updates:
      PX6 android 10 (1113)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-wBK8rvVZsXT_5IjN3MyuMY00utZZX/view?usp=sharing

Please download, You need to unzip the "HA2-rk3399" file and then ONLY put the file named "update.zip" to the USB stick (format the USB firstly).
      Finally, click the setting > system > system updates to update it.
      2.Here the latest link with MCU and updates
      V 3.67
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/u17fk5

Please download then ONLY put the file named "dmcu" to the USB (format the USB firstly).
      Otherwise, the car radio can't find the file to update.
      Finally, click the setting > system > MCU update to update it.
      Hope the update can help you fix the issue.

Notice: There can only be one update file in the USB stick or SD card when you update the system or MCU.

Thanks, will give it a test drive after work.
      By the way... I'm using this launcher for MAX10 HU
      Hey guys i downloaded new update and everything prior went I went into the reverse camera sometimes I'd get a reverse image or a diamond box with a exclamation mark on it however, now I get a flickering image without dynamic lines I have a 2018 RAV4. The dynamic lines you can see on screen are the ones i enabled from the settings

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone