Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10

Search This thread

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    And for clarifcation and to share my opinion, I don't think Zlink is a pointless application. What's going to be pointless and crappy for us is somewhere in the future when Zlink no longer works because of updates to the Android Auto app and/or Android OS itself.

Reactions: marchnz

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    No I don't mean Android Auto for phones. Android Auto is an app that can be installed on just about any Android device including a headunit that runs Android in the car. And I respectfully ask what is an "Android auto head unit" by your definition? If such exists where does that leave factory head units that can support Android Auto app as defined by Google?

Do you mean a head unit that "runs Android OS in the car" which is a different thing than Android Auto? Our MTCD/E units technically meet that definition but are not for the sole purpose of running Android Auto app or projection from the phone. In some respects, if running Android Auto was only thing one were going to do with one of these $300-600 head units, that's kind of a waste of money, perhaps or waste of technology in the car, maybe.

Defining terms: What Android Auto is:
    "Android Auto is a mobile app developed by Google to mirror features of an Android device, such as a smartphone, on a car's dashboard information and entertainment head unit. Once an Android device is paired with the head unit, the system can mirror some apps on the vehicle's display" - Wikipedia

Genuine Android Auto units are defined here: https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/

Anything else is a hack or kanged android - grey box usually of Chinese origin.

The app you refer to IS called "Android Auto for phones"

You can't install Genuine Android Auto, by definition, on these grey boxes, period.

PoppaRoxie1986

Jan 11, 2018
    So by your definition the only "Android Auto" headunits are the factory units where the car manufacturers have paid Google or the branded Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc? I find that rather odd being stated in a forum mostly about Chinese head units.

There wasn't an app called "Android Auto for phones" until Google recently integrated AA with recent Android updates. Plus "Android Auto for phones" is a different Ui than what is seen on the headunit screen.

I find paying $500 for one of these Chinese units a lot less expensive than buying a 2021 model car to get the *exact* same UI. I agree that the quality of these headunits vary from absurdly cheap junk to pretty well built for what they are devices.

And I think that @jlbooth is pretty much correct.

Reactions: jlbooth

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    So by your definition the only "Android Auto" headunits are the factory units where the car manufacturers have paid Google or the branded Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc? I find that rather odd being stated in a forum mostly about Chinese head units.

There wasn't an app called "Android Auto for phones" until Google recently integrated AA with recent Android updates. Plus "Android Auto for phones" is a different Ui than what is seen on the headunit screen.

I find paying $500 for one of these Chinese units a lot less expensive than buying a 2021 model car to get the *exact* same UI. I agree that the quality of these headunits vary from absurdly cheap junk to pretty well built for what they are devices.

And I think that @jlbooth is pretty much correct.

Not by my definition, by what is, what it is.

Unlike your greybox, you can't load apps on them, they require a phone to pair with.

None of these grey boxes are AA. Take a look at a true Android auto head unit and you will see its pretty obvious.

Note that zlink or equivalent hack might give you a similar UI, but a quick look through the issues people report on these forums and the fact that at anytime your phone updates might break the hacky app, the experience is not the same.

These Chinese Android head unit is a hacked Android and not Android auto.

Incorrect, you don't get the same UI, from your statements above you still don't understand what true AA is. You can agree with the previous comment from jlbooth and still misundertand :)

If paying $500 for a Chinese head unit, you're paying to much.

I would think if you own a Greybox Android, you load apps on it, Google Maps, your favorite streaming music/radio apps and away you go. There's no need for screen mirroring or Android Auto, it's all loaded on the head unit. Using zlink or other hacky app doesn't make sense - buy an AA if you want to drive your phone from your Head unit!!

Last edited:

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    What I don't understand is why you post in forums about devices you clearly hate. Made by Chinese people you have such disdain for. While providing confusing disinformation about something you hate so much. Do you even own one of these "gray boxes" that you speak so badly about? Like I've said before they range from junk to pretty well designed devices.

I disagree with your position on this subject. You might have a lot more posts than most here but I'll bet the majority are hateful snide responses and/or your standard 'Not MTCD/E" It aggravates me equally as much when people don't take the time to search first.

Also I don't understand why you seem so determined to run people off who come here for support. I try to offer help when I can. I do search for answers and search for questions I can answer and perhaps help somebody else.

These "gray boxes" as you like to call them run Android apps in the car,. Not limited to ZLink or any one application.

The so called Android Auto units you refer to are locked to just the set of apps and features provided by the manufacturer. They don't allow customization in order to limit what you can do and perhaps reduce the possible things that could go wrong as a result of the user actions.

So by the definition you supplied none of the devices that are discussed in any of these forums are Android Auto.

In summary and this is the last thing I'm going to say about it, guess these forums should be renamed to the gray box forums.

Last edited:

PoppaRoxie1986

Jan 11, 2018
    Lol "gray box" forums. No need for either @marchnz or @jlbooth to draw swords here. So let's agree to disagree and we can all move on. No need for drama.

Despite what you @marchnz said about me misunderstanding, I think I understand what you're both saying and it seems something is getting lost in the interpretation from both sides.

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
    different people mean different opinions, my new Toyota had a factory headunit in it which had apple carplay, and supposedly in the near future Android Auto should also work. Within a week that I had the car I exchanged the headunit for a Dasaita PX6. Simply because i want to use my own navigation app (at least untill Toyota designs a app that looks like 2021 instead of 1985 or something). Even if Android Auto would work, why the hell would I want to use my headunit just to mirror my phone? Then I can also just put a phone holder on the dashboard...
    On the Dasaita I can load any app I want and manage just from there.
    When I brought it to the dealer for maintenance I overheard them saying 'what a dumb customer, he pasted an Android tablet over the radio, he clearly doesn't understand he can use apple carplay', why does everybody assume one has an apple device?? I for sure never in my life am going to buy anything from apple.
    And even then, why use a limited version of my phone and also drain the battery? Especially if you use the phones navigation it won't last a 10 hour trip. Yes I can charge it, but why take it out of my bag in the first place?
    Making calls via bluetooth works fine without taking the phone, and in the car that's all I need from the phone.
    I hear most people say they want to stream music, so why not just put your music on a flashdrive and just plug it in the car, it will play automatically, still no need to fiddle around with the phone.

That said, wish the dasaita had a bit more customizable UI, was looking at a TEyes just now, that looks to have a lot smoother interface. Furthermore the only complaint I have with these devices is that every time they reboot, they disactivate administrator apps, so you can't password protect apps/settings with eg applock or something, they are deactivated after reboot, I see this as a big disadvantage to having my google account on it. I have an onboard camera and saw the garage mechanic browsing in my apps....

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    It's not really phone mirroring. If it was, I'd be going back to a flip phone. The user interface when running the phone projection is not the same as what is shown on my phone. It's a tailored user interface meant for use when you're driving. The phone is already paired with the headunit so why not use the wireless projection?

Thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that ZLink does take over the head unit when your phone is paired and kind of forces you to the wireless projection every time the phone connects to the head unit.

You can't be a dumb customer, you bought a Toyota 👍. I wanted the phone projection interface and I know the 2021 Camry supports the projection interface when plugged into the USB. But my thing was why buy a 2021 Camry to get the projection interface when can put in a SYGAV/DASAITA unit and get that and the flexibility afforded by it.

I don't exclusively use the projection interface and do have apps like pandora and Spotify installed on the unit. But still those have to use the mobile data from my phone anyway.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    You know one advantage that phone projection gives you is the fact that your apps and stuff stay on your phone where mechanics, etc can't mess with while they're working on your car. Unless maybe you left phone in the car while getting service. But the phone can be locked with fingerprint, passcode, etc.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    So by the definition you supplied none of the devices that are discussed in any of these forums are Android Auto.

Refer to "Android Auto general" forum for discussion of Android Auto.

Note that the moderators recently approached me for forum structure feedback due to misunderstandings about AA, which resulted in a minor restructure.

This resulted in the in the forums being changed; the parent is now named "Head units" separating AA from greybox types;

- Android Auto General - for discussion of Android Auto head units/OS

- Android Head-Units - for discussion of all other [non-android auto] types.

- MTCD (for mtcd/e, HCT)

...etc

There's a wealth of information here and if you've read through, you'll find I've contributed to the advancement of these devices, such as in developing the method to update from Android 6 to Android 8, where there was previously no way to do it, recovery of bricked units, through to recovery and replacing BT to support upgrades.

I also offer free SOM recovery, I've helped members from all around the world.

Perhaps you might want to think about how you contribute, and in using words like disinformation, which apparently seem unfairly misinformed.

Last edited:

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    different people mean different opinions, my new Toyota had a factory headunit in it which had apple carplay, and supposedly in the near future Android Auto should also work. Within a week that I had the car I exchanged the headunit for a Dasaita PX6.

Well stated. I use mine for that reason, having full Android apps on the unit.

I think you state the point I was wanting to convey; why use zlink or AA like experience on these greybox Android head units.
    I dont get it, but that's just me.

Anyway - I think this discussion has run its course, and not what this thread is for.

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator
    Staff member
  • Jan 8, 2014
    Chennai
    MOD ACTION:

Guys, I see that this thread is digressing from its intended purpose. I would have cleaned it but for the information contained in some posts. But even then it is digression.

Please stay on topic and if you have anything other than the topic to say to each other, say it outside of XDA threads. Please use polite language and be civil to each other.

Thanks for your understanding and cheers!

suchar20

Nov 4, 2020
    Hello. What's the latest MCU and system software for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10? The second question is whether you had any cases of automatic disconnection of the connection with the phone while talking via the hands-free set of this radio? Currently, I have the software version from 20210111 installed. Regards.

sandpita

Dec 5, 2011
    The Garden State
    Hello. What's the latest MCU and system software for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10? The second question is whether you had any cases of automatic disconnection of the connection with the phone while talking via the hands-free set of this radio? Currently, I have the software version from 20210111 installed. Regards.

suchar20

Nov 4, 2020
    Upload and check it yourself, this is also a solution to find out about changes in the software. However, I have concerns about uploading the latest version because newer is not always better and sometimes it brings problems with the device instead of improving it. I already had it with previous updates, so I am asking because someone has already uploaded this version 20210311 and could share his observations.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Upload and check it yourself, this is also a solution to find out about changes in the software. However, I have concerns about uploading the latest version because newer is not always better and sometimes it brings problems with the device instead of improving it. I already had it with previous updates, so I am asking because someone has already uploaded this version 20210311 and could share his observations.

That's a very different question to "significant changes".
    Someone uploading isn't the same as a bunch if members installing it.

What specific problems are you wanting to resolve by upgrading?

You don't state what issues you currently experience, and which Android and MCU versions you're currently running.

With these units, if it's not broken - leave it.

Last edited:

suchar20

Nov 4, 2020
    On my radio I have MCU V3.71 and the system software HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota (20210111) loaded, everything works fine with one exception. During a telephone conversation via the hands-free system of this radio, the conversation is sometimes interrupted. Therefore, I would like to know if there is such a problem on this new firmware (20210311), then I will risk updating.

wwwryan

Jun 27, 2012
    Installed the latest MCU 3.71 (although inside the rar and at install it shows 3.69) and the 20210311 PX6 firmware and now my HA2135-MAX10-CP is stuck in a boot loop. It shows the boot logo for a extended period of time, briefly flashes recovery mode, and then repeats. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
      The ZLink app can be unreliable as it might work fine one drive then not work at all next time you want to use it. It's pretty nice when it works, but can be quite finicky.

Seems like these head units need a factory reset every so often to get back to a reliable or at least a working state especially with regard to using wireless phone projection (aka Android Auto).

It might be just as well to install music apps on the unit and use Google maps on the device without the phone projection. Only downside about that is having to start the mobile hotspot everytime.

Guess it comes down to what others here have said, you kind of end up deciding what works best for you.
      To "bring back" the delay function you would need to downgrade to a previous update (e.g. the December version) for Android and downgrade the MCU to a version from around the timeframe of the version of Android you're downgrading to.

In other words, my suggestion is to install the Dasaita December 2020 Android update and 3.69 MCU. Thing is that you would lose the delay function again if you updated again in the future.

This is one of the main reasons it's not recommended to update unless you know that the update fixes a specific issue you're experiencing. Just be aware that things can be broken and/or functionality removed upon update.
      @chrisv4 you can downgrade as long as you don't try going like from Android 10 down to Android 9. There are ways to do that, but as long as the Android version you're installing is the same number version you can downgrade.

So like if you wanted to go from the March update back to like the January version, that would work. I would recommend checking the wipe data checkbox. I've done that many times and can absolutely confirm that it won't cause any problems. And you can also downgrade the MCU to an older version as long as it's not too old such as trying to go from 3.x to a 2.x version. That is kind of limited and you should be careful as that can cause problems.
      I don't want to invest any more money. I find the delay function quite good. But I did the update because of the problem with the reversing signal. Dasaita says you can not downgrade the device. Is this true?
      I am now afraid that the device will not work after the downgrade.
      Is it possible to reload the current software and MCU via the recovery mode at any time?
      I also wonder if the delay function is implemented in the MCU or in the software.
      I would think it is implemented in the MCU but enabled/disabled in the amplifier app. They just chose to remove that functionality so as to incrementally cripple the head unit. This is done so that those who update the firmware on every release will lose something to "gain" something else or just lose all the way around. They progressively cripple these head units in such ways to make you feel like the unit is worthless in a couple years to the point that you'll end up buying the next big thing or throwing it out for "another brand" which in many cases is really the same brand just presented under a different name. Then the cripple cycle with that unit starts.
      Hello everybody,
      Here are the latest updates for Dasaita HU, Android 10, as of 12/18/2020.
      Merry Christmas !!!
      1.Here the latest link with Android 10.0 system and updates:
      PX6 android 10 (1113)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-wBK8rvVZsXT_5IjN3MyuMY00utZZX/view?usp=sharing

Please download, You need to unzip the "HA2-rk3399" file and then ONLY put the file named "update.zip" to the USB stick (format the USB firstly).
      Finally, click the setting > system > system updates to update it.
      2.Here the latest link with MCU and updates
      V 3.67
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/u17fk5

Please download then ONLY put the file named "dmcu" to the USB (format the USB firstly).
      Otherwise, the car radio can't find the file to update.
      Finally, click the setting > system > MCU update to update it.
      Hope the update can help you fix the issue.

Notice: There can only be one update file in the USB stick or SD card when you update the system or MCU.
      Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
      Thanks, will give it a test drive after work.
      By the way... I'm using this launcher for MAX10 HU
      Hey guys i downloaded new update and everything prior went I went into the reverse camera sometimes I'd get a reverse image or a diamond box with a exclamation mark on it however, now I get a flickering image without dynamic lines I have a 2018 RAV4. The dynamic lines you can see on screen are the ones i enabled from the settings

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone