Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Dasita PX6 1280x720 MAX10

Search This thread

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Installed the latest MCU 3.71 (although inside the rar and at install it shows 3.69) and the 20210311 PX6 firmware and now my HA2135-MAX10-CP is stuck in a boot loop. It shows the boot logo for a extended period of time, briefly flashes recovery mode, and then repeats. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, this has been covered in depth.

Perhaps you could spend some of your time reading through the forums and then post your experience in recovering from the bootloop.

wwwryan

Jun 27, 2012
    Hi, this has been covered in depth.

Perhaps you could spend some of your time reading through the forums and then post your experience in recovering from the bootloop.
    My apologies for not reading all nine pages in depth. I had just read the 13 pages on getting AA working right and was getting lazy. I got it booted into recovery mode and flashed MCU and firmware and factory reset and it's working now. Apologies if I wasted your time or attention. 😂

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    My apologies for not reading all nine pages in depth. I had just read the 13 pages on getting AA working right and was getting lazy. I got it booted into recovery mode and flashed MCU and firmware and factory reset and it's working now. Apologies if I wasted your time or attention. 😂

There's the thing, these units are not Android Auto.

Also, updating your MCU is not Android and probably pointless.

Good to hear the forum recovery information helped you get a result.

wwwryan

Jun 27, 2012
    There's the thing, these units are not Android Auto.

Also, updating your MCU is not Android and probably pointless.

Good to hear the forum recovery information helped you get a result.
    Huh? My Dasaita absolutely supports wireless Android Auto emulation that's why I bought it in the first place.

Why is updating MCU pointless? The manufacturer released the update, I want it installed.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    The ZLink app can be unreliable as it might work fine one drive then not work at all next time you want to use it. It's pretty nice when it works, but can be quite finicky.

Seems like these head units need a factory reset every so often to get back to a reliable or at least a working state especially with regard to using wireless phone projection (aka Android Auto).

It might be just as well to install music apps on the unit and use Google maps on the device without the phone projection. Only downside about that is having to start the mobile hotspot everytime.

Guess it comes down to what others here have said, you kind of end up deciding what works best for you.

Reactions: PoppaRoxie1986

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.

mpj220

Nov 9, 2008
    Can you explain why you would want to use android auto when you have an android headunit? The reason for me to change the stock (android auto compatible) headunit, is because I don't want to connect my phone or use my phone navigation or what not, I can now just navigate on the headunit itself instead of using it as a mirroring device for my phone.
    Sorry I missed this post - did not receive notification.

The reason Android Auto is needed is because my cell phone plan does not have unlimited hotspot.
    Android Auto provides a constant data connection for streaming music apps and navigation apps such as Waze.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Sorry I missed this post - did not receive notification.

The reason Android Auto is needed is because my cell phone plan does not have unlimited hotspot.
    Android Auto provides a constant data connection for streaming music apps and navigation apps such as Waze.

Suggest replacing with a genuine Android Auto unit in your scenario. You'll save a bunch of headaches.

chrisv4

May 9, 2021
    Hello, I got a software update because of a problem from Dasaita and installed it:
    HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20210419)

But since then the delay function is gone.
    Dasaita told me that there is no delay function anymore.

How can I get it back?

Attachments

• U3da128870ade44a78aa2e8dde659eba6L.jpg
      U3da128870ade44a78aa2e8dde659eba6L.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 27

PoppaRoxie1986

Jan 11, 2018
    To "bring back" the delay function you would need to downgrade to a previous update (e.g. the December version) for Android and downgrade the MCU to a version from around the timeframe of the version of Android you're downgrading to.

In other words, my suggestion is to install the Dasaita December 2020 Android update and 3.69 MCU. Thing is that you would lose the delay function again if you updated again in the future.

This is one of the main reasons it's not recommended to update unless you know that the update fixes a specific issue you're experiencing. Just be aware that things can be broken and/or functionality removed upon update.

Reactions: jlbooth

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    You should be able to find download links here in this thread or at least here on XDA. I suggest doing the MCU downgrade to 3.69 first.

Try the search box at the top of page and search for 202012 and then search for 3.69. Technically you could go to a version even earlier than the December update or a version prior to the removal of the delay function.

This is the thing with these Chinese Android boxes that we end up having to decide what limitations or bugs in the provided software we can live with or without.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    When I had the delay function, I could not hear that much difference in what it provided vs the regular fader functionality. Quite honestly if one wanted more precise control over the sound stage you would need to install an external DSP unit.

I've been wondering if one could get "true" digital audio output on these units from the HDMI output. They make adapters to extract the digital audio to TOSLINK (fiber optic cable). I actually use one of these on my home theater setup. That fiber optic could be fed into an external DSP. But honestly is it really worth throwing the extra hardware at it since it's just a car audio system? Many would probably agree that it's impractical or of no use with these head units as they "are what they are."

Might be fun thing to try, I guess. To each their own, I suppose.

chrisv4

May 9, 2021
    I don't want to invest any more money. I find the delay function quite good. But I did the update because of the problem with the reversing signal. Dasaita says you can not downgrade the device. Is this true?
    I am now afraid that the device will not work after the downgrade.
    Is it possible to reload the current software and MCU via the recovery mode at any time?
    I also wonder if the delay function is implemented in the MCU or in the software.

Alexandru.nae

May 8, 2021
    Hi, gents, i have an issue with PX6 brand new and Mitsubishi Outlander 2014.
    The car settings doesnt work, settings like keyless operation, whispers settings, etc. Everything is grey out and cannot be modify. All the rest is working well.
    There is any firmware that corect this issue ?
    Thanks.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Hi, gents, i have an issue with PX6 brand new and Mitsubishi Outlander 2014.
    The car settings doesnt work, settings like keyless operation, whispers settings, etc. Everything is grey out and cannot be modify. All the rest is working well.
    There is any firmware that corect this issue ?
    Thanks.
    Is it an MTCD/E device and what does the reseller suggest when contacted for support.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    @chrisv4 you can downgrade as long as you don't try going like from Android 10 down to Android 9. There are ways to do that, but as long as the Android version you're installing is the same number version you can downgrade.

So like if you wanted to go from the March update back to like the January version, that would work. I would recommend checking the wipe data checkbox. I've done that many times and can absolutely confirm that it won't cause any problems. And you can also downgrade the MCU to an older version as long as it's not too old such as trying to go from 3.x to a 2.x version. That is kind of limited and you should be careful as that can cause problems.

Reactions: chrisv4

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    I don't want to invest any more money. I find the delay function quite good. But I did the update because of the problem with the reversing signal. Dasaita says you can not downgrade the device. Is this true?
    Is it possible to reload the current software and MCU via the recovery mode at any time?
    I also wonder if the delay function is implemented in the MCU or in the software.
    I would think it is implemented in the MCU but enabled/disabled in the amplifier app. They just chose to remove that functionality so as to incrementally cripple the head unit. This is done so that those who update the firmware on every release will lose something to "gain" something else or just lose all the way around. They progressively cripple these head units in such ways to make you feel like the unit is worthless in a couple years to the point that you'll end up buying the next big thing or throwing it out for "another brand" which in many cases is really the same brand just presented under a different name. Then the cripple cycle with that unit starts.

Reactions: Apollon2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      To "bring back" the delay function you would need to downgrade to a previous update (e.g. the December version) for Android and downgrade the MCU to a version from around the timeframe of the version of Android you're downgrading to.

In other words, my suggestion is to install the Dasaita December 2020 Android update and 3.69 MCU. Thing is that you would lose the delay function again if you updated again in the future.

This is one of the main reasons it's not recommended to update unless you know that the update fixes a specific issue you're experiencing. Just be aware that things can be broken and/or functionality removed upon update.
      @chrisv4 you can downgrade as long as you don't try going like from Android 10 down to Android 9. There are ways to do that, but as long as the Android version you're installing is the same number version you can downgrade.

So like if you wanted to go from the March update back to like the January version, that would work. I would recommend checking the wipe data checkbox. I've done that many times and can absolutely confirm that it won't cause any problems. And you can also downgrade the MCU to an older version as long as it's not too old such as trying to go from 3.x to a 2.x version. That is kind of limited and you should be careful as that can cause problems.
      I would think it is implemented in the MCU but enabled/disabled in the amplifier app. They just chose to remove that functionality so as to incrementally cripple the head unit. This is done so that those who update the firmware on every release will lose something to "gain" something else or just lose all the way around. They progressively cripple these head units in such ways to make you feel like the unit is worthless in a couple years to the point that you'll end up buying the next big thing or throwing it out for "another brand" which in many cases is really the same brand just presented under a different name. Then the cripple cycle with that unit starts.
      The seller ask me to check the cables from times to times, nothing near the issue. In the meantime i run a MUT3 diagnose on the car, I have U0245 error, canbus timeout. The idea is that rockford amplifier and rear camera are working well so the canbus it's working for few things. Only for the atached setting doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks

On noes, not U0245. If reseller has no suggestions, fire could be answer.
      Hello everybody,
      Here are the latest updates for Dasaita HU, Android 10, as of 12/18/2020.
      Merry Christmas !!!
      1.Here the latest link with Android 10.0 system and updates:
      PX6 android 10 (1113)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-wBK8rvVZsXT_5IjN3MyuMY00utZZX/view?usp=sharing

Please download, You need to unzip the "HA2-rk3399" file and then ONLY put the file named "update.zip" to the USB stick (format the USB firstly).
      Finally, click the setting > system > system updates to update it.
      2.Here the latest link with MCU and updates
      V 3.67
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/u17fk5

Please download then ONLY put the file named "dmcu" to the USB (format the USB firstly).
      Otherwise, the car radio can't find the file to update.
      Finally, click the setting > system > MCU update to update it.
      Hope the update can help you fix the issue.

Notice: There can only be one update file in the USB stick or SD card when you update the system or MCU.
      Updating the MCU is not necessarily pointless. However it's not always recommended as it's usually unknown what the update is supposed to fix. But somebody's gotta try it I suppose.

A lot of times the updates can break more than they fix so unless you know the update specifically fixes an issue you're experiencing, updating is not always recommended.

Regardless, thank you @wwwryan for reporting your experience after the update. Sharing the findings can help others.
      Thanks, will give it a test drive after work.
      By the way... I'm using this launcher for MAX10 HU
      Hey guys i downloaded new update and everything prior went I went into the reverse camera sometimes I'd get a reverse image or a diamond box with a exclamation mark on it however, now I get a flickering image without dynamic lines I have a 2018 RAV4. The dynamic lines you can see on screen are the ones i enabled from the settings

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone