• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Rockchip PX5 Octa-Core 2G RAM 32GB

Search This thread

mel0ntek

Jan 26, 2021
Hello someone can help me how to upgrade my android version from 8 to 10 or 9?

I do not have a PX5 model, nor have I gone through the process. However, there's a bunch of people who have in this thread. The search function at the top of this page that allows you to select "this thread" to narrow down the replies to search terms if you want to read through people's experiences/etc.

That said, my understanding is that upgrading Android versions is a bit more involved than OTA updates. It can be done with the factory method, or using Hal9k_'s mod installer (you may have to buy it).
Here is a link to his post on upgrading

Here is a link to his mod installer (he recommends using it instead, it's in his signature)

Best of luck!

Reactions: Sylvan151

njoule

Dec 7, 2018
Viterbo
Hi everyone, I wanted to know which MCU version: MTCE_HA for DASAITA is the most recent to be installed, my radio is a PX5 (ex PX3); now I have loaded an MCU: MTCE_HA_V3.67_1. Which is the most recent for DASAITA?

Reactions: Sylvan151

talrhv

Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

so I tried to set up wireless android auto but didn’t succeed.
It only giving me option to use it with usb.
I have the latest zlink and I tried with Mi 9T
(K20) with android 10.

can someone point for a solution?
Thanks

A89533AB-8DF0-49E5-B94F-A746E13F49B9.jpeg

Ramias

Mar 26, 2006
If it isn’t one thing it is something else. iOS 14.4 seems to connect more reliably and no longer auto resumes podcasts.

but just tried to have a phone call and the other person could not hear me. Until I switched my phone to speaker phone.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
Hi,

so I tried to set up wireless android auto but didn’t succeed.
It only giving me option to use it with usb.
I have the latest zlink and I tried with Mi 9T
(K20) with android 10.

can someone point for a solution?
Thanks

View attachment 5202029

I don't know enough about your head unit to tell you exactly what to do. On my Dasaita, I had to forget the hotspot on the head unit, forget bluetooth, and clear the cache for Zlink. At that point, I connected with the USB and started from scratch (BlueTooth) and then it setup the hotspot for me. Now, when I start the car, my phone connects to bluetooth AND the hotspot on the head unit. Android Auto then launches.

I have a Samsung Note phone. I remember that Samsung and Pixel phones were the first granted with the ability to run AA Wirelessly with Android 10...the other phones have to wait until Android 11. Maybe that has changed, but Android 10 and wireless Android Auto is limited support. Then again, this is more mirroring (Zlink) so that requirement might not be needed anyway.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
Thanks, I have the same version installed, I haven't try that yet I was just wondering (I have an iphone).

what about my second question? I know that in branded head units is can be achieved when pressing to Voice command button (if you have one in your car) but It doesn't work on the Dasaita unit.

I don't know of anyway to manually trigger wireless carplay (like with a button or anyway). It's an app that either connects or it doesn't.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
Hey all, been lurking a few days and read through the entire thread. I do embedded software engineering at my current job, so I hope I may be able to apply some of that knowledge here.

I just picked up a PX6+DSP unit for my WRX.
I am using this with a Pixel 4xl.

My unit had some pretty old revisions running on it out of the box:
RK3399-10-2020.06.09
MTCE_HA_V3.57_1
(factory settings password:126)

Android Auto was working sporadically over USB on this version and no wireless capability.

I updated to the 12.17.2020 OTA update and 3.69c. Upon rebooting, Android Auto connected itself automatically over bluetooth and setup the wifi connection. Seems to be working great, however I would prefer to use the head unit normally and only connect AA when I want to. Disabling wireless in AA settings on my phone prevents it from auto-starting every time I connect the phone/HU.

I also went into the factory settings and enabled BT network sharing (BT tether on phone settings) and rebooted. I now have the <--> icon at the top of the HU display. However, I cannot get any network connectivity (load a webpage for example) on the HU.

Are you able to tether data over BT while connected or otherwise?

The issue I am seeing here is that since the HU acts as a hotspot when AA is connected, it doesnt seem to know what to do for its own internet access. Android falls back to Mobile data if it's available when a wifi connection doesnt have internet access, so the phone still works fine. I would assume that the HU would do the same even in hotspot mode and fallback to "ethernet" (<--> symbol) but it doesn't seem to in my case.

Then again with AA disabled I cant get bluetooth tethering to work for mobile data either even though the <--> shows up. Have any of you done any testing with these connection scenarios/sharing data while AA is connected?

Not sure that internet data will pass over bluetooth (maybe?). Setup a hotspot on your phone and have your head unit connect to it. Assuming that your provider allows for tethering, that should be all that you need.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
Care to share how you got wireless android auto to work? I've installed versions you suggested but for the life of me I can't get wireless android auto to work!
I have a Pixel 2xl running Android 11....all stock.
Thanks heaps!

Remove the hotspot, remove bluetooth, and clear the cache on the zlink app.

Connect your phone with the USB cable to the head unit and go through the steps. It SHOULD automatically setup the hotspot that will be recognized when your phone connects to its bluetooth....should. Does your phone try to connect to the head unit's hotspot after bluetooth connects? That's a key step.

majidkorai

Sep 25, 2017
Remove the hotspot, remove bluetooth, and clear the cache on the zlink app.

Connect your phone with the USB cable to the head unit and go through the steps. It SHOULD automatically setup the hotspot that will be recognized when your phone connects to its bluetooth....should. Does your phone try to connect to the head unit's hotspot after bluetooth connects? That's a key step.

Since I updated the firmware, I am able to connect to android auto wirelessly, it works ok. except that its laggy sometimes. But thats fine.

The issue for me is that now whenever some one calls , the call rings not only on android auto, but also on the headunit itself, since it is connected using bluetooth.

Did anyone of you guys experienced this issue ? Is there any solution to it ?

talrhv

Mar 17, 2020
I don't know enough about your head unit to tell you exactly what to do. On my Dasaita, I had to forget the hotspot on the head unit, forget bluetooth, and clear the cache for Zlink. At that point, I connected with the USB and started from scratch (BlueTooth) and then it setup the hotspot for me. Now, when I start the car, my phone connects to bluetooth AND the hotspot on the head unit. Android Auto then launches.

I have a Samsung Note phone. I remember that Samsung and Pixel phones were the first granted with the ability to run AA Wirelessly with Android 10...the other phones have to wait until Android 11. Maybe that has changed, but Android 10 and wireless Android Auto is limited support. Then again, this is more mirroring (Zlink) so that requirement might not be needed anyway.
mine is also Dasaita PX6 - max6 HU. I'll try what you suggested thanks.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Since I updated the firmware, I am able to connect to android auto wirelessly, it works ok. except that its laggy sometimes. But thats fine.

The issue for me is that now whenever some one calls , the call rings not only on android auto, but also on the headunit itself, since it is connected using bluetooth.

Did anyone of you guys experienced this issue ? Is there any solution to it ?
Sorry, I haven't got an answer to your question... I'm just curious... is there any advantage to running android auto on an android head unit? I ask merely because I don't understand why AA would be required or even wanted if the head unit can do what your phone can... or is there something I am missing?

Reactions: Hancock88

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
Sorry, I haven't got an answer to your question... I'm just curious... is there any advantage to running android auto on an android head unit? I ask merely because I don't understand why AA would be required or even wanted if the head unit can do what your phone can... or is there something I am missing?

Cellular data is the main issue. When you are connected via Android Auto (cable or wireless), it basically mirrors your phone. Thus, when you need to use data (Google Maps or Spotify or something of the sort), it uses it much like you would when you browse your phone. Android Auto is basically controlling the apps on your phone and putting them on your head unit. Most people get unlimited data that way.

However, if you want to use native Android (and then use those native apps), then you need to provide a data source for them. If you want to use native Google Maps or YouTube on your head unit (non-Android Auto), you need some type of internet connectivity. That requires you to make a hot-spot on your phone or any other device that can share data. Maybe tether your phone if you can. Most plans cap hot spot/tether data usage, so you have to think about that. Some phone plans don't even have it. Also you have to think about how you need to turn on your phone's hot-spot each time you get into the car and make sure that your head unit connects to it.

Sure, running Android natively is possible (gives you A LOT more freedom), but there are steps that you need to take in order to do so.

rayaraya

Feb 1, 2021
hellow, sorry if i do repost, i hope not. i have dasaita px6 max 6 android 9 for accord 2007 , it is integrated ac with HU. the problem is the ac doesnt display on the HU. do you know why?
and what is the lastest MCU for mine? where to download? thank you all

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts