• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dasaita - Latest MCU and Updates for Rockchip PX5 Octa-Core 2G RAM 32GB

Search This thread

Androidmick

Dec 12, 2018
Hello, i own a px5 android 8 (latest) and i would like to install android 9 or 10. Is it possible ? Is there any detailed instructions to do it? Im not an expert so i dont want to brick it .
Thanks

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
There are not official tools to do it. So the procedure is not recommended by Dasaita.
There are many threads in forums to do it...but not in this.

Reactions: marchnz

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hello, i own a px5 android 8 (latest) and i would like to install android 9 or 10. Is it possible ? Is there any detailed instructions to do it? Im not an expert so i dont want to brick it .
Thanks

See my thread regarding Upgrading to Android 10 using official free tools.

Check your BT first.

The FYT units are better in this respect:)

My opinion, Dasaita are selling their units at a premium/ high cost, whereas the new FYT units with 7862 are superior and far less buggy.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Guys ... have you tried the vivid launcher?
Developers are asking for help to.report bugs and enhancements. It is an exclusive development for mtcd units.
You can ask for new features to be included. Don't miss the opportunity to have a customizable and well.working launcher for our units.
Dasaita is working with the developers as well

Here you are the link for the specific thread. You an install the launcher...Dasaita is now delivering the new products under exclusive RoM integrating vivid launcher.

And for US market (USA, Canada & mexico) Dasaita is preparing an exclusive interface....wait for it.....

Last edited:

wanze2001

Jun 16, 2012
Wildeshausen
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Can I use the dasaita dab+ adapter with the new px5 version?
I have currently installed Malaysk Rom but there is no sound in the Dab app....
Kann ich den dasaita dab+ Adapter auch mit der neuen px5 Version verwenden?
Aktuell habe ich malaysk Rom drauf aber bei der Dab App kommt kein Ton....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
Can I use the dasaita dab+ adapter with the new px5 version?
I have currently installed Malaysk Rom but there is no sound in the Dab app....
Kann ich den dasaita dab+ Adapter auch mit der neuen px5 Version verwenden?
Aktuell habe ich malaysk Rom drauf aber bei der Dab App kommt kein Ton....
@wanze2001

As courtesy, I've translated your post above. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your German posts. Thanks for your cooperation!
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

benoa.h

Aug 2, 2020
hello, since the last IOS 15.0.2 update I have Zlink which freezes when connecting Carplay with a total loss of the Carplay function and the stopping of the usb port neither charging the phone nor detection. you have to do a complete reset of the Dasaita and redo the pairing of the iPhone with Zlink to review Carplay before it crashes after 2 connections! Apple is due to release IOS 15.1 tomorrow night hoping it will fix the bug if it comes from the iPhone. And also hoping that Dasaita will post an update soon with Zlink.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
I have the PX6 from over a year ago that came with Android 9 and I used the tool from a community member here to update it Android 10 and have been using the Max10 firmware for it. I see here Dasaita has newer firmware and has Android 10 now for the PX6 https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/36770/firmwares. Should I use that now or stick with the Max10 firmware?
The old saying:

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!"

If something isn't working then you may want to try an update, but if everything is working to your satisfaction, there is no sense in possibly breaking something while updating.

benoa.h

Aug 2, 2020
I switched to the Telenav Vivid 10 version and I must say that the system works much better for Carplay especially on the start of the workstation where the Carplay connection is done instantly.

Topper59

Jul 22, 2010
How did you get Vivid 10 installed? I get "assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions" error when I tried to flash it.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
You must have an android 10 previously installed to move to vivid ....if not you have to upgrade your recovery partition first to android 10 and then to the desired android 10 based rom

Topper59

Jul 22, 2010
You must have an android 10 previously installed to move to vivid ....if not you have to upgrade your recovery partition first to android 10 and then to the desired android 10 based rom
Yeah I was already on the latest 10 version. I fixed it with ModInstaller by going back to 9, then back to vivid.

Top Liked Posts