I read that some people got screens together with the unit, and asked the seller to pre-apply it. I do not recall though if it was on this thread or one of the product pages on AliExpress or elsewhere, try a search.Has anyone gone ahead and purchased and installed a screen protector for the Max6 ?
There is one on Amazon as well as the Dasaita store for $30 (CAD)
I know this is an old post, but I have just installed my Dasaita HU a few weeks ago and I struggled at first with the wireless Carplay with intermittent connection until I figured out that: WiFi has to be off and Hotspot on. Perhaps to obvious for many, but took me a while to troubleshoot that.Anyone having trouble with apple carplay? I only get a successful connection using cable... without cable it seems that the phone pairs first with the car Bluetooth and then is unable to...
Thanks to @Bob_SandersBigger cards don't work.
Bigger cards don't work.Good day everybody,
I purchased this unit a few months ago, but installed it just a couple of weeks as mi stock HU already comes with Carplay and Android Auto and the main reason I decided to change my HU is basically to use Torque Pro and Dragy.
I have already upgraded to the Malaysk (full) ROM, but some issues persist from the stock ROM as well, which was shipped to me with Android 10 by default, so I hope any of you have some some pointers to address the following:
Thanks in advance for any help.
- I can't connect to my parent's house wifi for some reason; they have Deco M5 Mesh Routers, so perhaps that is incompatible hardware?
- Dragy app does not work, it is displayed like if you had zoomed in 300% and does not respond to touch. Is there an app or workaround for apps like these to work on the HU?
- Radio signal is weaker than stock HU using the factory antenna. Can this be improved somehow?
- Radio app has up to 18 presets and I only need 6-7. Is the a way to disable remaining unused presets so I can circle back to the first preset skipping forward (and viceversa)?
- In the user manual (if you can call it that) says SD card is supported up to 64GB. Has any of you used a larger capacity SD card successfully? I'm planning on buying a U3 Class 10 SD card, but first I want to know if it has to be 64GB or if I can purchase a larger and cheaper (proportionally) one.
Only certain native apps work and you have to 'drag them' while they are open to see if they will highlight a half screen or not. This is not a function of CarPlay or AndroidAuto, so don't try it if you are using either of those. You need to be in the native setup.I'm running the latest version of Android 9 on my max6 but still don't have 'split screen' where I can have to apps on screen at once. How to get that function.
Also, is there a way to share my phones data with the head unit via cable? Hotspot seems to drop out regularly.