Dasaita Max6 PX6 4gb/64gb

Search This thread

zerozoneice

Dec 18, 2010

those 10" units are known to have a space between the display and the actual touch, resulting in almost a 3D / depth-like effect of the stuff onscreen (when watched from an angle, which happens usually where the driver or passenger are looking at it, no one is looking straight perpendicular to the screen). Is this also the case with this unit?

scythe000

Nov 17, 2008
Is it known under different names? I’d love to find a thread’s talking about software options. Anyway, I don’t really notice any kind of a 3-D effect, if you look at it from an extreme angle, it does look like there is a small gap, but I definitely don’t feel it when pressing on the glass. It’s a beautiful display, a lot nicer than I would have expected.

WangYcca

Jul 12, 2011
Bluetooth seems not working in the 20190428 update.

Tried update and clean install, neither Bluetooth worked. The rest so far so good.

zerozoneice

Dec 18, 2010
Is it known under different names? I’d love to find a thread’s talking about software options. Anyway, I don’t really notice any kind of a 3-D effect, if you look at it from an extreme angle, it does look like there is a small gap, but I definitely don’t feel it when pressing on the glass. It’s a beautiful display, a lot nicer than I would have expected.

yes, the display is beautiful, very good contrast and color saturation.
i've seen one installed in a car few days ago, and the first thing i noticed (was sitting in the passenger seat) was the depth effect. This effect is not present in all other units 7", 8" or 9". You could see it more in the launcher main screen (it was an Ownice), less in FM radio app or mediaplayer, navi, etc...
another thing that i didn't like was that for my car i had to cancel the airbag warning connector since the unit comes with own mask and for VW/Skoda the mask that is used for 8 or 9" units has a airbag connector. The Ownice 10.2" did not. Also an issue is the huge screen at night with white background apps which even at lowest brightness they still blow your eyes off :)

mindriot

Aug 7, 2007
I may buy the dsp version soon from ali express.

I need to find out if the mcu is an MTCE first, as hal9k will be developing his rom for px6 mtce, and i wouldnt be suprised if malaysk adds it too

zerozoneice

Dec 18, 2010
yes, the display is beautiful, very good contrast and color saturation.
i've seen one installed in a car few days ago, and the first thing i noticed (was sitting in the passenger seat) was the depth effect. This effect is not present in all other units 7", 8" or 9". You could see it more in the launcher main screen (it was an Ownice), less in FM radio app or mediaplayer, navi, etc...
another thing that i didn't like was that for my car i had to cancel the airbag warning connector since the unit comes with own mask and for VW/Skoda the mask that is used for 8 or 9" units has a airbag connector. The Ownice 10.2" did not. Also an issue is the huge screen at night with white background apps which even at lowest brightness they still blow your eyes off :)

to clarify this, i suspect the ownice i saw had that 2.5D+nano screen, because my 10.2 dasaita has no depth issue whatsoever on its ips screen.
reg. airbag warning, it's just not visible, you need to take it out from the old cover together without unplugging it and just place it behind the screen. it won't give errors but it's not visible either...

Reactions: markbanang

stokedcrf

Nov 1, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
to clarify this, i suspect the ownice i saw had that 2.5D+nano screen, because my 10.2 dasaita has no depth issue whatsoever on its ips screen.
reg. airbag warning, it's just not visible, you need to take it out from the old cover together without unplugging it and just place it behind the screen. it won't give errors but it's not visible either...

also no issues on my IPS screen either! Great unit for what it is. Of course there are little issues here and there like all units.

I rooted mine so I could freeze apps I don't need and really clean everything up :)

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Has anyone looked at (somehow) adding HD Radio?

My Rav4 HU has this and I've found it to be much better at receiving a signal (where I live anyway). I'm looking at a PX6 dasaita unit on Ali (also), but they all have the 6686 radio chip, where the 6688 radio chip has HD Radio included. I wonder if the 6688 couldn't be somehow retrofitted? Yes of course there would have to be pin compatibility etc, has anyone looked at that by chance?

I'm so tempted to just buy one and say scr*w the HD Radio... but sadly it's about the only thing I use the HU for! it would be hard to give that up as I almost always have the screen off :)

Cheers, they sure do look nice, would love to have one. Not sure if it would suit my needs though, when all said and done.

pritamjagtap

Dec 5, 2016

Do you also have carplay wire/wireless chip on unit? did you see if that is able to charge your iphone with carplay on?

ALso have you driven longer than 2 hrs? with this unit ? I had PX5 and it used to reset over using it continuously for 2hr or more. and also PX5 was not charging iPhone while carplay was on.

If possible could any one update me on this?

scythe000

Nov 17, 2008
Do you also have carplay wire/wireless chip on unit? did you see if that is able to charge your iphone with carplay on?

ALso have you driven longer than 2 hrs? with this unit ? I had PX5 and it used to reset over using it continuously for 2hr or more. and also PX5 was not charging iPhone while carplay was on.

It does charge while doing CarPlay because it’s wireless so I just plug it into my charger. Works totally fine for hours on end. I’ve got an annoying bug with VLC thinking it doesn’t have delete permissions unless I manually grant it twice, but that’s unrelated. Also a bug with my iphones voice to text requires me to type a character first before it’ll pick up mic input, but I think it’s an iPhone issue.

Reactions: pritamjagtap

pritamjagtap

Dec 5, 2016
It does charge while doing CarPlay because it’s wireless so I just plug it into my charger. Works totally fine for hours on end. I’ve got an annoying bug with VLC thinking it doesn’t have delete permissions unless I manually grant it twice, but that’s unrelated. Also a bug with my iphones voice to text requires me to type a character first before it’ll pick up mic input, but I think it’s an iPhone issue.

So far looks good then.
I do not find any description on link you got on amazon, specifying about wireless carplay, i tried contacting Iris he replied that there is option to get carplay wire/wireless on PX6. I ask him to send me link to product he is yet to reply.

Did you have to specify Dasaita to get you wireless carplay? or its just standard now?

scythe000

Nov 17, 2008
So far looks good then.
I do not find any description on link you got on amazon, specifying about wireless carplay, i tried contacting Iris he replied that there is option to get carplay wire/wireless on PX6. I ask him to send me link to product he is yet to reply.

Did you have to specify Dasaita to get you wireless carplay? or its just standard now?

I could be mistaken, but I think it's wireless. I hadn't asked for anything in particular, so it might be standard now.

komatan

Feb 20, 2013
I have dasaita - car play works on wire plus you have to have additional box/device ( can buy it in bundle with head unit). When iPhone connected through it - CarPlay works seamlessly and your phone is charging.
One more thing - you need to have application for CarPlay too.

Regards. k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Was anyone able to root this device? Any guide on how to do it?

I just installed the Hal9k ROM, it comes with Magisk pre-installed. The ROM install is incredibly simple. Download the package, put the update.zip file on a USB Drive or SD Card, plug that into the unit, and follow the prompts. Takes around 5 minutes, and when the unit reboots, you will have a new ROM with root access. The Dasaita Launcher will be replaced with the one that comes with the ROM, but I just use FCC either way.

See the links in my sig for more info

PS. V4 of the Hal9k ROM is free, but if you want updates (latest version of V4.02), then you need to pay a one-time 10 Euro fee to get OTA updates. Hal9k also offers his "ModInstaller" for another 10 Euro which makes installation even easier, however the installation as I described above is so simple, it's just not needed.
    - the resolution 1024x600 is too small (600p) sometimes; in Waze it does not fit the 3 alternative routes list. Is there a way to trick the unit that it has 1280x720, and to soft-scale?

I could fix this issue by changing the Minimum width value under the developer options. To access developer options you have to use the "adbon" password on the factory settings page.
    My head unit has been working flawlessly for a little bit less than a month aside from a few disconnects with Android Auto.

However, today my head unit crashed 2x. Each time I heard a speaker popping distortion noise for a second and then the head unit restarted.

The only app that was running was Spotify with the unit connected to my phone's hot spot. Weather was about 60F so it wasn't a very hot day.

Has anyone encountered this before and if so, do you know what might be causing it?
    Just got my Max 6 in the mail today. I took off the top cover to peek inside. There is a very small heatsink that sits over the chipset, but it appears to be made out of pot metal, not aluminum or copper. Also, it has very small fins, so I doubt its ability to disipitate much heat. Furthermore, Dasaita or whichever factory they use to manufacture these units did a very poor job of aligning the thermal compound that sits between the chip and the heatsink. As dashboards are hot, confined spaces, I'm going to investigate putting a 120mm computer fan inside of the unit and rigging a new top cover. Additionally, I'm going to try and fashion some type of better heatsink than the very low-quality one that it comes with. I'm pretty sure this thing would thermal throttle or have a shorter lifespan if these steps aren't taken.

Using ideas from this thread for inspiration and ideas for better cooling: https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/android-head-units/inside-look-joying-android-head-unit-t3546872/

I'm still waiting for the Toyota harness (non-JBL, the standard one, important to match on Toyotas) to arrive, which should be here in tomorrow.

Hello,

....yes, the gap between rockchip and heatsink is too big - very sad thing!!

take a look what i did - working perfect!!

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...s-general/wired-rear-cam-issue-fixed-t3964902

best regards