• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dasaita PX5 4GB - No audio/rear cam

Search This thread

d00b2020

Jan 29, 2019
Hello fellows!

First of all, pardon my noobness. It's my first time trying to replace a head unit.

I recently bought the Dasaita TDA7850 PX5 4GB to replace my stock media/GPS on a 2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited. According to Dasaita representative, I would also need the canbus adapter (link below) and I'm trying to put everything together now.

Since there is no detailed instruction about what connect where, I'm trying by best. So far, I'm facing two problems:

1. No sound, none, not even the click sound during screen touch.
2. Rear camera doesn't come up (it's the stock one, no extra camera used)

Besides that, radio, gps, bluetooth, wheel controls, all seem to work properly (the radio at least "see" the stations, since there is no sound coming out for anything)

Do you guys have any tutorial or FAQ or something I could check to see what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
d00b

Head Unit: ebay /itm/263983125509
Adapter: ebay /itm/263674998319

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Hello fellows!

First of all, pardon my noobness. It's my first time trying to replace a head unit.

I recently bought the Dasaita TDA7850 PX5 4GB to replace my stock media/GPS on a 2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited. According to Dasaita representative, I would also need the canbus adapter (link below) and I'm trying to put everything together now.

Since there is no detailed instruction about what connect where, I'm trying by best. So far, I'm facing two problems:

1. No sound, none, not even the click sound during screen touch.

2. Rear camera doesn't come up (it's the stock one, no extra camera used)

Besides that, radio, gps, bluetooth, wheel controls, all seem to work properly (the radio at least "see" the stations, since there is no sound coming out for anything)

Do you guys have any tutorial or FAQ or something I could check to see what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

d00b

Head Unit: ebay /itm/263983125509

Adapter: ebay /itm/263674998319
Check if your canbus adapter is correctly selected on factory settings.
Do you have some enhanced stock audio system/amplifier (like Bose on mazdas)?

Remember that factory settings will ask a password: 126

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

d00b2020

Jan 29, 2019
Hey Guys, thanks for your tips. Sorry 'bout the late response. I only have the time to work on this during weekends.

These are my feedback up to now:

This video is in spanish but maybe can help you, just use translated subs on youtube.

Yes, I've seen this video for a while. I speak Portuguese so Spanish is not a huge problem.

The problem with the way the connections are done on this video is that the guy has a slightly different cable from mine.

Theirs has 2 Video cables:
Code:
(CABLES)          (UNIT)
AUX VID IN  <-->  CAM OUT
AUX R       <-->  AUX R
AUX L       <-->  AUX L
---
CAM VIN     <-->  CAM VIN (not on radio, comes from other part of the cable blob)

In my cables, the part that plugs into the radio is the same, but the set of cables coming from CANBUS adapter only has CAM VIN, AUX VIN, AUX L IN, AUX R IN.

I already tried to connect CAM VIN from radio plug into CAM VIN from CANBUS adapter, an also CAM VIN on AUX VID, but none of the combinations worked.

Also, my CANBUS has TWO connectors and not only one as his. I'm not sure why but I already tried to connect the plugs on both sites (they are from different sizes) concurrently and one at a time. The wheel controls only works when I connect the cable on the bottom of the canbus (using the label upside as a reference of up/down). The connector on top doesn't seem to interfere.

I'll add bellow the images from what I got and how I'm trying to connect.

Check if your canbus adapter is correctly selected on factory settings.

Yes. According to Dasaita representative, the CANBUS config should be set to option 15-HUYNDAI/KIA. In fact, only after setting it this way the wheel controls started to work. But still no sound or read cam.

Do you have some enhanced stock audio system/amplifier (like Bose on mazdas)?

Yes, in fact the car has a stock amp that I wasn't aware of. It's not a branded one like Bose or so, but it's there, on the right side of the trunk. I was able to spot it opening the cover that gives us access to the rear lights.

And, knowing that, I promptly changed the Factory Settings to consider an Amp (it was set to Auto). Still didn't make any difference. :( Should I wire something differently in case of an Amp?

These are the set of cables that came with the Dasaita HU:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

These are my installation mess:

This is the amp I found on the rear trunk
IMG-1996.jpg

IMG-1997.jpg

IMG-2001.jpg

IMG-2002.jpg

IMG-2003.jpg

I appreciate any additional help you guys are able to provide!

Regards,
d00B

Last edited:

jerrymh

Feb 8, 2016
Hey Guys, thanks for your tips. Sorry 'bout the late response. I only have the time to work on this during weekends.

These are my feedback up to now:

Yes, I've seen this video for a while. I speak Portuguese so Spanish is not a huge problem.

The problem with the way the connections are done on this video is that the guy has a slightly different cable from mine.

Theirs has 2 Video cables:
Code:
(CABLES)          (UNIT)
AUX VID IN  <-->  CAM OUT
AUX R       <-->  AUX R
AUX L       <-->  AUX L
---
CAM VIN     <-->  CAM VIN (not on radio, comes from other part of the cable blob)

In my cables, the part that plugs into the radio is the same, but the set of cables coming from CANBUS adapter only has CAM VIN, AUX VIN, AUX L IN, AUX R IN.

I already tried to connect CAM VIN from radio plug into CAM VIN from CANBUS adapter, an also CAM VIN on AUX VID, but none of the combinations worked.

Also, my CANBUS has TWO connectors and not only one as his. I'm not sure why but I already tried to connect the plugs on both sites (they are from different sizes) concurrently and one at a time. The wheel controls only works when I connect the cable on the bottom of the canbus (using the label upside as a reference of up/down). The connector on top doesn't seem to interfere.

I'll add bellow the images from what I got and how I'm trying to connect.

Yes. According to Dasaita representative, the CANBUS config should be set to option 15-HUYNDAI/KIA. In fact, only after setting it this way the wheel controls started to work. But still no sound or read cam.

Yes, in fact the car has a stock amp that I wasn't aware of. It's not a branded one like Bose or so, but it's there, on the right side of the trunk. I was able to spot it opening the cover that gives us access to the rear lights.

And, knowing that, I promptly changed the Factory Settings to consider an Amp (it was set to Auto). Still didn't make any difference. :( Should I wire something differently in case of an Amp?

These are the set of cables that came with the Dasaita HU:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

These are my installation mess:

This is the amp I found on the rear trunk
IMG-1996.jpg

IMG-1997.jpg

IMG-2001.jpg

IMG-2002.jpg

IMG-2003.jpg

I appreciate any additional help you guys are able to provide!

Regards,
d00B
Maybe the canbus is not for your car, What car is it.

I Have a CX5, my conectionr are VIN----VIN, a gues it is bad named by the chinese worker.

d00b2020

Jan 29, 2019
Maybe the canbus is not for your car, What car is it.
I Have a CX5, my conectionr are VIN----VIN, a gues it is bad named by the chinese worker.
Thanks!

Mine is an Elantra 2012 Limited. I just found the complete diagram for the head unit and sent to Dasaita. Let's see if they confirm their CANBUS is not that compatible with this trim. I'll post here their response.

In the mean time, if anyone has some experience with this head unit replacement, please share!

Just for reference:
https :// hemanual . beac . info/avn_head_unit_components_and_components_location-2062.html

Regards,
d00b

darkody

Dec 18, 2019
This video is in spanish but maybe can help you, just use translated subs on youtube.

(As a new member, I guess I can't include the video link in my quote, but see the previous post)

This video was incredibly helpful! I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out why I wasn't getting sound out of my android head unit (I have a Dasaita 9" unit for a 2015 Mazda 6). My kit came with RCA audio cables that plug in to the head unit (and another set of FR, FL, RR, RL RCA cables on the harness) that I did NOT need to use - in the video, he throws them aside. Mazda also offers a Bose audio system (which I do not have), so not sure if those are useful in that case.

jerrymh

Feb 8, 2016
(As a new member, I guess I can't include the video link in my quote, but see the previous post)

This video was incredibly helpful! I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out why I wasn't getting sound out of my android head unit (I have a Dasaita 9" unit for a 2015 Mazda 6). My kit came with RCA audio cables that plug in to the head unit (and another set of FR, FL, RR, RL RCA cables on the harness) that I did NOT need to use - in the video, he throws them aside. Mazda also offers a Bose audio system (which I do not have), so not sure if those are useful in that case.

My cx-5 comes with Bose Audio, it does not need the FR, FL, RR, RL RCA cables, all are managed by the canbus unit that comes with the Dasaita.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Muy cx5 has no Bose and it does not use as well such rca connectors....all audio signals are directly controlled by canbus

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk