Dasaita PX6 7" - touchscreen partially working

Search This thread

opexo

Sep 6, 2015
Hello,
i have Dasaita PX6 7" without hardware buttons and some time ago the touchscreen started to do strange things like i'm driving and i hear the media makes *bop* sound as if i've touched the power touch-button and the screen goes off or it launches a program as if i've touched the screen over where it's icon is.
Now it seems it stopped doing all this but a portion of the screen is just not working, not responding to touch.
The pic of the unit is from the web but mine is the same. I did the color rectangular areas tho to show and say - the green area is responding to touch, the red area is not responding
I write for over a week to Dasaita on Aliexpress where i bought the unit for solution or for new screen - they just read, no answer. I also write to their FB page - no answer.
Because the portion of screen which is not active i can't drag and drop icons from other screens to main screen - i have mouse, but i cant select and drag. Any suggestions?
And please tell me if i can fix this touchscreen (maybe it delaminated somewhere and its not making contact) or where i can get new (because of high chance to ruin this when trying to fix it).

Thank you

Attachments

• notouch.png
    notouch.png
    733.5 KB · Views: 5

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Have you ever recalibrated the touch screen?
I don´t know how it works on yours, but for a couple of units it works like all 5 fingers touch at the same time and hold it until you get a marker on the upper left screen.
Touch it as exact as possible and do that for all corners as you get the touch point visible.

For the buttons on the left side you should have a setup in the settings menu.

opexo

Sep 6, 2015
Hi, i watched videos about the 5 fingers touch but it doesnt activate on mine.
I entered the factory menu /with the 126 password/ where are similar functions and tried them several times just to be sure - no change.
The buttons on the left side are part of the touchscreen even tho they are on the black stripe, its jsut painted, it dosn't matter.

BR

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
In this case you should get in contact with Dasaita and/or the seller.
May be there is an issue with the controller or firmware.