• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dasaita PX6 zlink MFi failure cannot connect

Search This thread

matrix6977

Jan 10, 2021
I just bought a Dasaita PX6 Android head unit with wireless CarPlay and android auto and I cannot get it to connect to my phone at all.

1st) I have the phone paired to the head units Bluetooth
2nd) I have the phone connected to the hotspot from the head unit

zlink automatically opens and starts giving the “MFi IC read fail.” And then will continue to try to connect and every 30-60 seconds will then display “HARDWARE ERR,MFi read fail#”

I’ve tried this with my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone. Both phones same issue.

I’ve gone to the CarPlay connection screen where the head unit will populate but then when I try to connect to it it just sits there on the phone and never connects.

Attachments

• 2A1F2F86-BC1B-4BDF-AEB8-B7143623CBE6.jpeg
    2A1F2F86-BC1B-4BDF-AEB8-B7143623CBE6.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 239
  • AD5640CD-90BE-4418-B043-09D8044D4B9A.jpeg
    AD5640CD-90BE-4418-B043-09D8044D4B9A.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 255
  • F20FF5E6-CB22-4FAB-B25A-C8ADFD934404.jpeg
    F20FF5E6-CB22-4FAB-B25A-C8ADFD934404.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • A3479FCF-4DFD-4390-8409-134795CE4C35.jpeg
    A3479FCF-4DFD-4390-8409-134795CE4C35.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
I'm guessing, but I don't believe you can run hotspot and WIRELESS carplay at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's a limitation of the phone. Try WIRED carplay and see if that works. If it does then try wireless again with the hotspot off.

GL350

Aug 28, 2021
I have been working through the installation of a Wondefoo Headunit in a Mercedes GL350. I purchased the unit off AliExpress. The headunit has zlink installed. I have an iPhone so was using it for Carplay. Bluetooth and WIFI connect okay to the headunit. The first time I booted up the unit zLink connected and Carplay worked. The device is connected to constant 12v power so it powers off to sleep mode and warm starts the next time the ACC power is activated. After the device powered off to sleep mode it would not reconnect to zLink on restart. The "Connecting" message would cycle until I got MFi Hardware Fail, MFi IC Fail and MFi Read Fail #2 messages. If I rebooted the unit, either by disconnecting from constant power or using RST button zLink would then connect, but would fail to connect after next sleep phase. The supplier was no help. I thought it must be a power issue so I worked through the power options on the factory settings menu. Changing the default power mode from "On" to "Memory Status of Last" fixed the problem and zLink now connects automatically on start up. I hope this helps.

Virus1988

Sep 30, 2021
I have been working through the installation of a Wondefoo Headunit in a Mercedes GL350. I purchased the unit off AliExpress. The headunit has zlink installed. I have an iPhone so was using it for Carplay. Bluetooth and WIFI connect okay to the headunit. The first time I booted up the unit zLink connected and Carplay worked. The device is connected to constant 12v power so it powers off to sleep mode and warm starts the next time the ACC power is activated. After the device powered off to sleep mode it would not reconnect to zLink on restart. The "Connecting" message would cycle until I got MFi Hardware Fail, MFi IC Fail and MFi Read Fail #2 messages. If I rebooted the unit, either by disconnecting from constant power or using RST button zLink would then connect, but would fail to connect after next sleep phase. The supplier was no help. I thought it must be a power issue so I worked through the power options on the factory settings menu. Changing the default power mode from "On" to "Memory Status of Last" fixed the problem and zLink now connects automatically on start up. I hope this helps.

How to enter that menu option, I can't find it anywhere. Please help me.

GL350

Aug 28, 2021
On my unit the factory settings menu is located in the "car settings" menu, which is one of the options under the main "settings" app. You may need to scroll down to find it.
To add to my earlier post, I am still trying to get the diversity antenna working properly for radio reception and I disconnected the headunit to work on that. When I reconnected it the same problem reappeared; that is, not connecting unless I repowered or reset the unit. I went back to the power settings and it was still set to "Memory Status of Last". It's hard to know what this function actually means. I toggled it back through the other options and played around with a few other settings and eventually the problem went away. I wasn't very structured in my approach to this so I don't know what change fixed the issue. I am about to install some heat sinks and a fan to avoid any overheating issues which means I will need to depower the unit again. I will do some more trial and error to see if I can work out what the answer might be. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with hotspot settings as I didn't change those.

Reactions: Virus1988

Virus1988

Sep 30, 2021
On my unit the factory settings menu is located in the "car settings" menu, which is one of the options under the main "settings" app. You may need to scroll down to find it.
To add to my earlier post, I am still trying to get the diversity antenna working properly for radio reception and I disconnected the headunit to work on that. When I reconnected it the same problem reappeared; that is, not connecting unless I repowered or reset the unit. I went back to the power settings and it was still set to "Memory Status of Last". It's hard to know what this function actually means. I toggled it back through the other options and played around with a few other settings and eventually the problem went away. I wasn't very structured in my approach to this so I don't know what change fixed the issue. I am about to install some heat sinks and a fan to avoid any overheating issues which means I will need to depower the unit again. I will do some more trial and error to see if I can work out what the answer might be. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with hotspot settings as I didn't change those.
Hello. Try disabling WiFi and USB initialization.
Settings MOD - Mod Settings - Car - Check WiFi after reboot and USB initialization

naldyjams

Oct 26, 2021
Hey guys, new here.

So I have a Navifly PX6 head unit installed on my 2019 Honda Civic. I’ve been searching everywhere for a fix for this issue and this thread seems to be the best bet.

So I’ve been getting this hardware error code for almost 2 years now. Along with the code, my steering wheel controls stop working and the clock on my dash becomes unsynchronized. That led me to believe that it was the Canbus adapter. I contacted the manufacturer and got a replacement adapter twice now. both times, it would work for a few months and then start acting up again.

I tried looking up the settings you guys are talking about but can’t seem to find anything like it. I’m also on Android 10 if that helps at all

I’ll add that this doesn’t happen all the time, but usually anywhere between every week, to once a month. And I can fix it every time by just resetting my unit via the Reset pin

Attachments

• 616C3FB7-317A-42FD-81C6-BE5814194EBE.jpeg
    616C3FB7-317A-42FD-81C6-BE5814194EBE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48

GL350

Aug 28, 2021
I don't pretend to be an expert on this issue, but was trying to provide some input on what seemed to work for me. Last weekend I installed a cooling fan and some heatsinks onto my headunit as I have seen a number of reports of overheating issues. To do that I disconnected from the power, and again when I reconnected I got the same error message as you are getting. I tried my fix (changing the power settings) and it worked again. I don't know why. Your unit must have a factory settings menu somewhere. From what I can see online, different manufacturer's put them in different places in the settings menus. If you have a manual for your unit it may show in there how to access the factory settings. You need to be careful when working in the factory settings as other reports indicate you can mess up your entire system. I limited myself to toggling the power options until the problem went away. This may be more difficult for you to do if it occurs sporadically.
Have you considered whether your performance issues might be an overheating problem? Reports on this forum and others indicate that overheating can cause erratic operation.

naldyjams

Oct 26, 2021
What is the Mai error can it be fixed? Will the car play dongle help.
Still haven't been able to fix it, but factory resetting the system seemed to work for the time being. Be careful though as some of my apps became unregistered and I needed to contact customer service. Car play dongle may help? At least in my case, I think there's an issue with one of the wiring harnesses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.