Dasaita stuck in reverse cam

Search This thread

chrisv4

May 9, 2021
Hello,
I have a Dasaita installed in my 2018 Toyota Avensis.
Unfortunately, after I put the device in reverse gear, it stays with the view of the rear camera. Dasaita has also already provided me with a new MCU version (see attachment), but unfortunately it did not help. The problem looks like this:
The reverse signal comes from the CAN BUS decoder.
Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem?

Attachments

• dasaita.png
    dasaita.png
    587.1 KB · Views: 11

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Does the reversing image go away when you turn the car off and back on and then return when you shift into reverse the first time?

I have a 2017 Toyota Camry which is similar to the Avensis with a PX6 SYGAV/DASAITA head unit.

Software suggestions:
    Verify the Canbus options are correct for your vehicle. You can find these in Settings... Car... Factory settings.... 126

Here are the settings for my vehicle. Yours may be different. I would suggest setting the Type settting to "0 NO" as those seem to be quite specific to vehicle models with certain options. I had several check engine codes occurring with my car when Type was set to anything other than 0
    canbus_settings.jpg

You could also try setting the Canbus selection to 0 (effectively disabling the canbus adapter)

Hardware things to try:

1. Pull the ground wire from the car's battery for about a minute or so.

2. Try disconnecting the canbus adapter and then try shifting into reverse. The radio will function without the canbus adapter. This would tell you conclusively whether the reverse signal is indeed from the canbus adapter. I would not be very surprised if reverse works the same even without the canbus adapter. I know there is a reverse signal wire on the car harness on either the 24 pin connector or the 26 pin (can't remember right off which one but could find out if needed).

Maybe my suggestions will help somehow. Finally, you may have a defective canbus adapter or MCU board. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: chrisv4 and marchnz

chrisv4

May 9, 2021
    Does the reversing image go away when you turn the car off and back on and then return when you shift into reverse the first time?

No. When I turn off the car and then restart it, the rearview image is still there. Only if the car was off for a longer time, the device is not at the rear view camera image after the start.

Software suggestions:
    Verify the Canbus options are correct for your vehicle. You can find these in Settings... Car... Factory settings.... 126

Here are the settings for my vehicle. Yours may be different. I would suggest setting the Type settting to "0 NO" as those seem to be quite specific to vehicle models with certain options. I had several check engine codes occurring with my car when Type was set to anything other than 0

You could also try setting the Canbus selection to 0 (effectively disabling the canbus adapter)

I have chosen the same CAN bus settings as you:
    IMG_20210411_185610.jpg

Hardware things to try:

2. Try disconnecting the canbus adapter and then try shifting into reverse. The radio will function without the canbus adapter. This would tell you conclusively whether the reverse signal is indeed from the canbus adapter. I would not be very surprised if reverse works the same even without the canbus adapter. I know there is a reverse signal wire on the car harness on either the 24 pin connector or the 26 pin (can't remember right off which one but could find out if needed).

Maybe my suggestions will help somehow. Finally, you may have a defective canbus adapter or MCU board. Best of luck to you.

1. Pull the ground wire unfortunately did not help. Especially since the reversing signal works with the original Toyota Touch 2.

2. The signal comes 100% from the CAN bus adapter. It is possible to connect the cable either to the CAN bus or to the connector from the car. Unfortunately, the reversing signal is not assigned to the car connector.

photo_2021-05-11_19-16-41.jpg

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    The reason I was suggesting to try running without the Canbus was to hopefully confirm or exclude it as the source of the problem. Perhaps you could get Dasaita to provide a replacement Canbus adapter and/or harness, but then again maybe you could get them to replace the whole unit. Just be advised that their tech support will do everything they possibly can to get you to give up and go away.

I doubt Toyota would rely on a software signal to trigger the reversing camera on the factory display. Hope that you are able to get this sorted out. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: marchnz

chrisv4

May 9, 2021
    Thanks for your help
    I unplugged the reverse signal coming from the CAN bus adapter and plugged it back in. I assume that it is the CAN bus adapter:

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    I wonder if you could pick up the reverse signal from somewhere else like another harness under the dash, or even run a wire from the reverse lights on the back of the car? Sounds kind of extreme and that kind of takes away from the "plug and play" idea of having the Toyota specific harness from Dasaita. What you paid for should "just work" as advertised.

This might seem like a silly question and apologies in advance, but do the reverse lights turn on and off like they should? Of course, you know, if they do, the idea of running a wire from the positive lead on one of the reverse lights to the reverse signal wire on the back of the radio might be a possible workaround for your situation. I remember my 2010 Toyota Tacoma had a lead in one of the factory harnesses under the glove box area that I tapped to get reverse signal for an aftermarket radio.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    I wonder if you could pick up the reverse signal from somewhere else like another harness under the dash, or even run a wire from the reverse lights on the back of the car? Sounds kind of extreme and that kind of takes away from the "plug and play" idea of having the Toyota specific harness from Dasaita. What you paid for should "just work" as advertised.

This might seem like a silly question and apologies in advance, but do the reverse lights turn on and off like they should? Of course, you know, if they do, the idea of running a wire from the positive lead on one of the reverse lights to the reverse signal wire on the back of the radio might be a possible workaround for your situation. I remember my 2010 Toyota Tacoma had a lead in one of the factory harnesses under the glove box area that I tapped to get reverse signal for an aftermarket radio.

Thanks for your help
    I unplugged the reverse signal coming from the CAN bus adapter and plugged it back in. I assume that it is the CAN bus adapter:

Your CAN unit isn't working correctly. Replace or workaround with signal wire as @jlbooth has suggested.
    If this is out of your area of expertise, a local electrical/electronic repairer might be best to work with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thanks to all. I have now picked up the signal from somewhere else. Now everything works.

I have a 2017 Toyota Camry which is similar to the Avensis with a PX6 SYGAV/DASAITA head unit.

Software suggestions:

canbus_settings.jpg

Hardware things to try:

The reason I was suggesting to try running without the Canbus was to hopefully confirm or exclude it as the source of the problem. Perhaps you could get Dasaita to provide a replacement Canbus adapter and/or harness, but then again maybe you could get them to replace the whole unit. Just be advised that their tech support will do everything they possibly can to get you to give up and go away.

I doubt Toyota would rely on a software signal to trigger the reversing camera on the factory display. Hope that you are able to get this sorted out. Best of luck to you.
      Thanks to all. I have now picked up the signal from somewhere else. Now everything works.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone