• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Data Bug on 5.0.2

Search This thread

damianx5

Mar 6, 2013
I managed to side-loaded and update my phone to 5.0.2. After updating though I am unable to connect to mobile data network. I wiped cache and factory erased my phone and even bought a new sim in case the sim I was using was faulty. Any help would be appreciated figuring out the reason i am unable to connect to mobile data.

Edit: I managed to fix this after getting my sim 1 reader fixed and now it seems to me that the lollipop update supports mobile data only on sim 1.

Last edited:

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
I had a similar problem, i had to set proxy settings to non in apn settings...

goto-settings>more(in wireless and networks )>mobile networks>access point names>click the selected the access point remove anything written in proxy part.
This might work

damianx5

Mar 6, 2013
I had a similar problem, i had to set proxy settings to non in apn settings...

goto-settings>more(in wireless and networks )>mobile networks>access point names>click the selected the access point remove anything written in proxy part.
This might work

I tried it. But it doesn't seem to work. As far as i can tell the data switch itself isnt working. Turning it on or off keeps the data connection on off mode.

Ps. Forgot to mention that my sim 1 slot is broken. So, i am currently using Sim2.

Last edited:

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
I've had the same issue twice after reboots. Then I reboot again and it's gone.
For some reason it adds lots of data usage from "deleted users and apps" and it can't connect to the network of my SIM card, it's a bug obviously but rebooting fixes it for me.
I have an XT1032 modded to XT1033 5.0.2.

damianx5

Mar 6, 2013
I've had the same issue twice after reboots. Then I reboot again and it's gone.
For some reason it adds lots of data usage from "deleted users and apps" and it can't connect to the network of my SIM card, it's a bug obviously but rebooting fixes it for me.
I have an XT1032 modded to XT1033 5.0.2.

Ive rebooted my phone quite a bit. Didn't work though. :(
Thanks for the suggestion though.