Data connection switch 2G/3G/4G missing

Search This thread

catalindobre

May 2, 2011
Sibiu
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 8
Hello guys.

I need another tip as I am not running AT&T network in Europe I wanted to ask you if you are able to switch manually between network types 2G/3G/4G. The phone connects me to 4G regardless to how bad the reception is, and in that areas I want to be able to swotch from 4G to 3G.

Does any of you have a solution for this item?

Your responses will be appreciated.

disturbd1

Mar 3, 2010
Hello guys.

I need another tip as I am not running AT&T network in Europe I wanted to ask you if you are able to switch manually between network types 2G/3G/4G. The phone connects me to 4G regardless to how bad the reception is, and in that areas I want to be able to swotch from 4G to 3G.

As far as I've ever known, the only way to really impact that without root would be to change APN settings. I can't really provide specifics on this device, but there definitely isn't a quick and easy way to toggle between them.

raver445

Jan 4, 2015
As far as I've ever known, the only way to really impact that without root would be to change APN settings. I can't really provide specifics on this device, but there definitely isn't a quick and easy way to toggle between them.

Hello guys.

Actually all you haveto do is go to your dialer pad and punch in the dialer pad this sequence tight here exactly as shown....*#*#4636#*#* and go to phone info and scroll down and you will see the network mode selection...I m going to post a screenshot for you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160818-063709.png
    Screenshot_20160818-063709.png
    66 KB · Views: 1,124
  • Screenshot_20160818-063617.jpg
    Screenshot_20160818-063617.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1,144
Reactions: ins0mniac

catalindobre

May 2, 2011
Sibiu
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 8
Actually all you haveto do is go to your dialer pad and punch in the dialer pad this sequence tight here exactly as shown....*#*#4636#*#* and go to phone info and scroll down and you will see the network mode selection...I m going to post a screenshot for you
I 've found myself this solution after google it. Thank you! I wonder if there is a solution for a toggle in the notification bar.

raver445

Jan 4, 2015
I 've found myself this solution after google it. Thank you! I wonder if there is a solution for a toggle in the notification bar.
There isn't any other solution and there is no root available for this thing it's very lockdown so unless someone comes up with something you will just have to do the method I showed you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ins0mniac

Dec 12, 2013
New York
Thanks a lot!!!

You saved me from selling my beloved S7 Active! After searching (camo green, unlocked) from about 2 months, I bought it a week ago. I'm using "MINT SIM". So on default network settings, I'm fine outdoor, but indoor situation is horrible, it keeps me in LTE (barely 1 bar). So calls were getting disconnected. I don't care about data in my house, as I'm on WIFI all the time. Now, from your provided code, I selected 'Global Auto' and I'm getting ALL bars of network! It is connecting me to UMTS automatically! Data speed good enough for me! I don't have to sell it anymore! Thanks a lot!!

mddj

Oct 21, 2021
Hello guys.

QuickShortcutMaker > Hidden Network Setting > All GSM

Last edited:

mddj

Oct 21, 2021
)))
I solved this problem for the customer today. Found this forum. Replied. May be useful for the next generation %)

Reactions: catalindobre

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello guys.

QuickShortcutMaker > Hidden Network Setting > All GSM
    A very fast response I've sold the phone only 4 years ago :)).
    )))
    I solved this problem for the customer today. Found this forum. Replied. May be useful for the next generation %)