• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Data partition fails to mount after installing ArrowOS (Android 12)

Search This thread

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
Edit: Okay, maybe what I am saying isn't very clear. I'll recap:
I was on ArrowOS (Android 11) this morning and decided to switch to the beta version of ArrowOS, based on Android 12. What I did exactly is, installing the rom, then wiping cache/dalvik and then formatting data. I can boot into ArrowOS, it works fine. The problem is, when I boot into TWRP, there is no prompt for a password, and internal storage shows 0mb. The log says that the data partition cannot be mounted. I tried formatting data again, and the partition succeeds to mount (at least nothing says the opposite in the logs), but I have this error in the logs: "E:Unable to decrypt FBE device". Internal storage still at 0mb.
When I boot into ArrowOS after doing that, and then go back to TWRP after setting everything up, data partition fails to mount again. (when restarting device, TWRP says that there is no OS installed even though ArrowOS is installed and clearly working)

Last edited:

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
Update: Definitely a ArrowOS bug with the Android 12 version. Reinstalled the Android 11 one, and TWRP works as it should.

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
No ArrowOs bug. The same thing happens on AOSP 12.
Okay. I tried reinstalling the ArrowOS beta and it does the same. I can't remember what I did for the internal storage to be decrypted so that I can reinstall the stable one.. can you help me, please? Stuck with "E:Enable to decrypt FBE device"

majster95

Jun 16, 2014
Poland
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You must have installed adb drivers and adb on PC. When configured, connect phone to PC, enable adb sideload in TWRP and type in command line: adb sideload <path_to_file>. Or just copy Rom package on SDcard and flash.

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
You must have installed adb drivers and adb on PC. When configured, connect phone to PC, enable adb sideload in TWRP and type in command line: adb sideload <path_to_file>. Or just copy Rom package on SDcard and flash.
I can't install the rom via SD card, I get an error. And I did exactly what you said with ADB sideload, it says: "Unable to find partition for path '/system_root'
Failed unmounting system"

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
I really can't remember what I did earlier to solve my problem.. I was able to plug my phone to my PC and copy the rom into my internal storage and then flash it but not anymore, on my PC it just shows "Internal storage" with no size at all

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
I managed to fix it again, yay! I'll stick to Android 11 for now. (I wiped all the partitions I could and then only I used ADB sideload to flash rom)

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
Well, I lied.. I'm now stuck on the boot animation of ArrowOS. Or maybe I have to wait a very long time before the first start because I installed the rom via ADB sideload? Doesn't seem normal, It's been ~5 minutes on this boot animation (I'll try installing another rom I guess)

Last edited:

bassemhemdan

Apr 1, 2017
I had the same problem but the problem was solved when using the external memory, maybe not the ideal solution but this method works fine anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a twrp made for a12 support?
    I think a11 twrp doesn't gets the job done. May be wait for a12 twrp