• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Data recovery after factory reset

Search This thread

pgmadhav

Oct 9, 2013
POCO M2 Pro
I need to recover data (pdf, photos,videos.................. everything) after I had done factory on my POCO M2, reset due to device freezed on MIUI logo. All softwares I am getting require root, Since my device is under warranty, I do not want to root, but I want all data. Backup has restored data only till 2018.
How do we resolve it.

Mohamedkam000

Your request is impossible to achieve, at least not by you. The thing with modern phones is that, they come encrypted.

Means, the data you'll restore will be encrypted, and you'll have to decrypt it for them to be usable.

To decrypt files, you need to restore the chunks successfully, this operation cannot be done without root, unfortunately.

Knowing that your online backup restored files only till 2018, means you've used the phone a lot. The old data will be overwritten by new ones, That will decrease data restoration to near unusable files.

I personally don't have any hope for your data restoration using simple methods. However, if you want to see for yourself, there's an app that requires root, Disk DiskDigger Pro.