Data recovery on broken screen S6

voolandis

Dec 27, 2010
Herceg Novi
Hello guys, a friend of mine and I are trying to recover data from his S6 that has a broken screen and digitizer. Phone is recognized by Windows PC, but can't interact with it, since it has no USB debugging enabled. Is there any way to pull data from it? Repair is not an option, as friend is looking for an upgrade (S8 most likely).
Obviously, when connected to PC phone probably prompts for a type of connection, but as the situation states - I can't select anything, since screen is dead.

Any help?

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
Hello guys, a friend of mine and I are trying to recover data from his S6 that has a broken screen and digitizer. Phone is recognized by Windows PC, but can't interact with it, since it has no USB debugging enabled. Is there any way to pull data from it? Repair is not an option, as friend is looking for an upgrade (S8 most likely).
Obviously, when connected to PC phone probably prompts for a type of connection, but as the situation states - I can't select anything, since screen is dead.

Any help?
Well using adb commands is out of the question as usb debugging is not enabled. You might get somewhere by connecting a usb mouse or keyboard via otg.

UditKarode

Sep 15, 2018

Any help?
Try rebooting your device into recovery, hook your phone upto your computer, and execute these commands in your terminal:
Code:
cd ~/.android && adb push adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys
adb reboot
Wait for a while to let it boot, and execute
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/
If you didn't have USB debugging turned on, you can execute these commands after connecting your phone in recovery to your PC:

Code:
adb shell
cd /system/
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> build.prop
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> build.prop
adb reboot
hope it works :eek: