• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Data Recovery

Search This thread

anonymous2021

Oct 18, 2021
Actually a few days back I was unlocking my bootloader of redmi note 6 pro phone and I didn't know of that fact that it does a factory reset during this and accidentally I lost all my data but the most important data which I lost were some videos and photos which were clicked recently like 2-3 days ago and some videos I really need help coz I need to recover those data so anyone please help me in doing that thing.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
If phone is rooted, and if it's accessible by ADB, only then all you can do at your own is to create a 1:1 ( means: bitwise ) copy of the partitions you are interested in and store this image on your computer - what later on by forensic tools may get made readable.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
I don't have a video at hand and I won't search for such one.

These are the ADB commands you have to run - one by one
Code:
adb devices
adb su -c 'mount -o rw,remount /<NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED>'
adb reboot
adb devices
adb exec-out "dd if=/<PARTITIONS-BLOCK-DEVICE-NAME-TO-GET-COPIED> bs=4096"  > C:\COPY_OF_PARTITION.img
adb su -c 'mount -o ro,remount  /<NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED>'
adb reboot
where <NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED> & <PARTITIONS-BLOCK-DEVICE-NAME> are placeholders what you have to substitute by their real names.

Last edited:

anonymous2021

Oct 18, 2021
I don't have a video at hand and I won't search for such one.

These are the ADB commands you have to run - one by one
Code:
adb devices
adb su -c 'mount -o rw,remount /<NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED>'
adb reboot
adb devices
adb exec-out "dd if=/<PARTITIONS-BLOCK-DEVICE-NAME-TO-GET-COPIED> bs=4096"  > C:\COPY_OF_PARTITION.img
adb su -c 'mount -o ro,remount  /<NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED>'
adb reboot
where <NAME-OF-PARTITION-TO-GET-COPIED> & <PARTITIONS-BLOCK-DEVICE-NAME> are placeholders what you have to substitute by their real names.
Which partition should I choose for recovery