• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

data transfer between s20's

Search This thread

mpapple10

Mar 26, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm switching from one s20 ultra (carrier locked) to an unlocked s20 ultra. Is there anything out that would be able to copy everything from one phone to the either (including app data)? I know smart switch can do a lot, but it would be nice if there was a way to clone everything.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
What is it that smart switch misses for you? I restore my Google backup and then I use smart switch and it seems I get everything over exactly as I had it on my previous Samsung phone. Certain passwords need to be re-entered but almost everything else is there.

vash_h

Apr 24, 2006
Petaling Jaya
www.haroldchia.com
Hi everyone,

I'm switching from one s20 ultra (carrier locked) to an unlocked s20 ultra. Is there anything out that would be able to copy everything from one phone to the either (including app data)? I know smart switch can do a lot, but it would be nice if there was a way to clone everything.
Smart switch seems to transfer everything. If what you want is also apps backup such as game saved files etc, I'm afraid you can only do that via its cloud storage from the game itself. Link the game to an account and login with that account on the new phone.

If u want to fully clone the phone, you'll need a custom recovery (nandroid backup) or root access (titanium backup). I won't recommend this two methods as it will void the warranty if you only want to clone the phone. Be careful with custom recovery, certain files should not be restored into the new phone, such as system stuff such as modem etc.. It's just not worth the risk and voiding your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nazhai

May 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I know Mobile Transfer tool can help us transfer data like app, contacts, sms, music, photos, videos, books, call logs between s20's. But app data can not be transferred by using such tool. Maybe you can search for app data transfer online, too?