• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Daydream VR Drift

Search This thread

moogaloo

Dec 29, 2010
Just got my Daydream View and tried it out with my Pixel XL, all seems good except I get extreme drift to the right hand side, you can hold down home button for a few seconds to recentre, but I am having to do this about once every 30 seconds. Is there a way of calibrating this, or does it indicate a fault with my phone?

moogaloo

Dec 29, 2010
I did, they got me to reset apps download manager and play store, to reset the auto date/time, but it did not make a difference :( just trying to work out if this is normal, or my phone is slightly off?

dermotti

Jul 20, 2010
Might be a daydream software issue. I know my note 7 always had drift using cardboard, but worked fine on gearvr.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

csick

Apr 29, 2011
West Warwick
Just got my Daydream View and tried it out with my Pixel XL, all seems good except I get extreme drift to the right hand side, you can hold down home button for a few seconds to recentre, but I am having to do this about once every 30 seconds. Is there a way of calibrating this, or does it indicate a fault with my phone?
Ha, mine drifts to the left.
The battery in my controller finally just died on me today, It seems to have gotten worse the lower the battery got.
I'm hoping it will drift less with a full charge.