• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Daydream VR

Search This thread

TopazAaron

May 17, 2009
I talked to a Verizon chat person on their website. They gave me the code and I finished filling everything out. Says 3 weeks for shipping.

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
I got an email from Verizon yesterday. Sounds to me like they're sending a gift card, and I then have to order the Daydream VR
Good News! Your rebate submission is now valid for Buy a Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL, Get a Free Google Daydream VR. Your rebate card is currently being processed for mailing and should be shipped within 14 days.

Your rebate tracking number is: *********

To check your rebate status just click on https://www.yourwirelessrebatecente...less/trackdetails.html?track_number=*********

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

If you should have any trouble with the link above please go to the status page and enter your tracking number there.

Thank you for your purchase and we look forward to serving you again. Find out more at www.VerizonWireless.com.

Sincerely,
VERIZON WIRELESS

st3ph3nbr!tt

Sep 21, 2011
Missed a UPS package from Verizon today. Anyone know if it might be the Daydream? Anyone get theirs today? The only other thing it could be is a return box for my note 7, so I'm not sure. Seems awful quick to be the VR headset. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Also, it requires signature, so hopefully it's the Daydream.

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Got my phone from google store and the email said "within approximately four weeks of your phone shipping". So that could be before or AFTER it was shipped.

Reactions: cmhjr

cmhjr

Jan 10, 2010
NYC
Got my phone from google store and the email said "within approximately four weeks of your phone shipping". So that could be before or AFTER it was shipped.

The email I received noted that I would receive promo code to redeem. I don't think they are sending them automatically but sending codes and then you would have to order it from store.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
On wikipedia it says Nov. 10 but everywhere else just says November.

I checked the reference and it says nothing about the 10th.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree.

I think VR has a whole is grossly overrated anyway, but there is nothing at all special about the Daydream. The content is almost non existent as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

What?! Maybe we're not seeing things exactly the same, but even on my lower end Pixel, it doesn't look near as bad as other headsets. It's a neat addition to a phone experience and I for one am glad that I got mine for free. If you were expecting PS4 Pro graphics from a mobile device, then you need your brain checked. For what this experience is meant to provide, it's extremely competent.
    Pre ordered mine in the UK from Carphonewarehouse. It's amazing! Everything from the 360 YouTube videos, go karting game to viewing old panoramic photos I took years ago are awesome! Caution though ... The phone gets very hot! Up until now, phone has always run cool, today was the first time it got pretty hot after about 20 minutes on daydream.

Hopefully it doesn't blow up :p

Edit: sorry came from a Note 7 RIP **whispers** i miss you wherever you are.
    Google recently released an update to daydream app and VR services. I don't know if it was just the activity that I was engaged in or if the updates actually helped but I just finished about a 10 min VR sesh and my phone didn't get nearly as hot as it did previously. Anyone else having similar experience?
    I haven't heard anything from the Google store yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I haven't heard anything from the Google store yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Me neither. Im still in preorder status

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5x using Tapatalk