Daydream VR

Search This thread

Tannerj

Dec 17, 2007
Here is screen shot of my rebate status and all it states is that is invalid. I had to call them and that is when I was told my "Quite Black" pixel xl 128gb did not qualify because it was black and not "Slate". This was the same story from 1 rep and 2 different supervisors.

I did not care if I got the day dream or not, but the $80 gift card would have nice to have. I have resubmitted my request so we will see what happens. Hell Verizon customer service is even confused on this issue.

Jarrod

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161103-082719.png
    Screenshot_20161103-082719.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 560

jp712

Sep 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
FYI..... If you pre-ordered your "Quite Black" Pixel (XL or regular) from Verizon and requested the Day Dream VR, then watch out you may not get it. The Verizon rebate center has denied my request because the eligible phone list has the color "Slate" listed and not "Quite Black" and states the Black phone does not qualify, even though the UPC's match perfectly. I did ask if they were honoring the rebate for the "Blue" and "Silver" pixel's even though the color names are "Very Blue" and "Very Silver". They had no comment.

Has anyone either received the Day Dream or an email showing it was shipped (tracking number) that pre-ordered and "Quite Black" Pixel (XL or regular) from Verizon?

Thanks... Jarrod

I got the email saying that they have confirmed it. Verizon Pixel XL Quite Black.
That is a really ignorant thing for them to screw up, slate, black, mostly black. Thats BS! Their system has the color wrong. They didn't even make a slate... this makes me angry and I'm not even talking to the fools!
:mad:

Zeroflucks

Nov 2, 2016
Here is screen shot of my rebate status and all it states is that is invalid. I had to call them and that is when I was told my "Quite Black" pixel xl 128gb did not qualify because it was black and not "Slate". This was the same story from 1 rep and 2 different supervisors.

I did not care if I got the day dream or not, but the $80 gift card would have nice to have. I have resubmitted my request so we will see what happens. Hell Verizon customer service is even confused on this issue.

Jarrod

Weird, i submitted mine the same day as you but my status just says "We're working on your submission. Please check back in a week for an update."

I also have the Quite Black color. We shall see what happens. I'll report back if i too get shafted with this nonsense.

sirduke989

Feb 22, 2012
Rebate invalid due to getting black

Having the same issue here with the 128 GB Black Pixel XL. Called once after getting the invalid message and the rep said that everything looked good and that he would escalate my issue and I should call back after 5 days. 5 days go back and I don't hear anything so I call again, now the next rep tells me the rebate is invalid because of the color.

A few hours later I though I would give chat a go this time, same deal as the phone call. "I am very sorry but the Black device does not qualify for the Google Daydream VR Headset" and he suggest that I call.

There are also people on the Verizon Community forums with the same issue and at least one person said their rebate went though with a Black Pixel.

I was also one of the Note 7 owners and I am wishing now I went with the refund option and bought my Pixel directly from Google with their financing option! Good note to self for the future.

Their original rebate details never said anything about the color and here is the proof, here is a snapshot of their webpage taken on 10/18/2016 https://web.archive.org/web/2016101...rizonwireless.com/?intcmp=VZ-GHOME-D-WIRELESS

Going down to the Verizon store this afternoon to see if they can help straighten the whole mess out.

wryun

Mar 29, 2008
SLC, UT
The stupid thing about Verizon's mix-up is they have the colors named wrong, so in their database, a Quite Black Pixel or Black Pixel fails the rebate check because"eligible devices" show a Slate color Pixel. My 128GB Quite Black Pixel XL got the invalid rebate email as well. I talked to a rebate rep yesterday and he said my device shows eligible in their system on his end so he noted that in my rebate submission record and escalated it for reevaluation. I should hear back within 5 days ... Hopefully that takes care of it. This is super annoying. Thanks Verizon ... SMH.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161105-092346.jpg
    Screenshot_20161105-092346.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 274

Zeroflucks

Nov 2, 2016
The stupid thing about Verizon's mix-up is they have the colors named wrong, so in their database, a Quite Black Pixel or Black Pixel fails the rebate check because"eligible devices" show a Slate color Pixel. My 128GB Quite Black Pixel XL got the invalid rebate email as well. I talked to a rebate rep yesterday and he said my device shows eligible in their system on his end so he noted that in my rebate submission record and escalated it for reevaluation. I should hear back within 5 days ... Hopefully that takes care of it. This is super annoying. Thanks Verizon ... SMH.

That's pretty dumb. Why didn't they just have 2 options (i.e. Pixel XL 32GB/128GB, Pixel 32GB/128GB) Why must they over complicate things. Makes no sense.

andyfoster

Jan 21, 2010
Reading

As we are all aware, the Pixel/Pixel XL is not available in "slate". However, "slate" is one of the colours (or *the* colour here - UK) for the Daydream View. Can you see where Verizon went wrong?

Tannerj

Dec 17, 2007
As we are all aware, the Pixel/Pixel XL is not available in "slate". However, "slate" is one of the colours (or *the* colour here - UK) for the Daydream View. Can you see where Verizon went wrong?

Andyfoster, I would agree with you, however the UPC listed on the website may list the color Slate but matched my UPC on my phone box.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Good news, I received an email from the rebate center stain my rebate had been approved. I guess someone realized it does not matter what the discription says if you are including the UPC to verify the correct product. Stupid people. Lol

wera750

Jul 10, 2012
FYI..... If you pre-ordered your "Quite Black" Pixel (XL or regular) from Verizon and requested the Day Dream VR, then watch out you may not get it. The Verizon rebate center has denied my request because the eligible phone list has the color "Slate" listed and not "Quite Black" and states the Black phone does not qualify, even though the UPC's match perfectly. I did ask if they were honoring the rebate for the "Blue" and "Silver" pixel's even though the color names are "Very Blue" and "Very Silver". They had no comment.

Has anyone either received the Day Dream or an email showing it was shipped (tracking number) that pre-ordered and "Quite Black" Pixel (XL or regular) from Verizon?

Thanks... Jarrod
I have quite black from Verizon and have received my confirmation email.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kranin

Aug 27, 2010
Also anybody heard if you ordered 2 phones on the same order do you get 2 promo codes?

I pre-ordered two Pixel XLs through my Project Fi family plan and I only received one pre-order email. I placed two separate orders (one for each number in the plan) and the two devices were delivered to two different names at two different addresses.

My guess would be that Google is limiting them to "one per account".

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Any Google Fi customers heard anything about getting your daydream?

Thus far I've only received the initial "4 weeks" Daydream email from Google (two Pixel XLs pre-ordered and delivered through Project Fi).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree.

I think VR has a whole is grossly overrated anyway, but there is nothing at all special about the Daydream. The content is almost non existent as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

What?! Maybe we're not seeing things exactly the same, but even on my lower end Pixel, it doesn't look near as bad as other headsets. It's a neat addition to a phone experience and I for one am glad that I got mine for free. If you were expecting PS4 Pro graphics from a mobile device, then you need your brain checked. For what this experience is meant to provide, it's extremely competent.
    Pre ordered mine in the UK from Carphonewarehouse. It's amazing! Everything from the 360 YouTube videos, go karting game to viewing old panoramic photos I took years ago are awesome! Caution though ... The phone gets very hot! Up until now, phone has always run cool, today was the first time it got pretty hot after about 20 minutes on daydream.

Hopefully it doesn't blow up :p

Edit: sorry came from a Note 7 RIP **whispers** i miss you wherever you are.
    Google recently released an update to daydream app and VR services. I don't know if it was just the activity that I was engaged in or if the updates actually helped but I just finished about a 10 min VR sesh and my phone didn't get nearly as hot as it did previously. Anyone else having similar experience?
    I haven't heard anything from the Google store yet

I haven't heard anything from the Google store yet

Me neither. Im still in preorder status

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5x using Tapatalk