Accessories Dbrand Grip Case Pixel 6 Pro Feedback?

Search This thread

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
For those of you who have the DBrand grip case, what has your experience been like and if you've had it for a few weeks/months, how has it held up?

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
Also, does dbrand have any coupon/promo codes? I didn't see any deals in the holiday season but since the Grip was backordered, wasn't as big a deal. It appears to be in stock now.

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I have been looking at this case. Got my Pro on Friday and currently using the Spigen Thin Fit case. I'm happy with this case but looking for something with a bit more grip. Does anyone know how much this case weighs? I cannot find specs on dbrand website. The Thin Fit case weighs 1 oz.

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
I have it. It does what it needs to do and thats be grippy lol. I really like this case, the camera is flush with the case and has edges around the camera housing so if it drops it doesn't damage the cameras. I also put the exact same skin on the back of the case from that youtube video above me

Reactions: mrlad

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
My experience isn't too good with the grip. It literally looks like I got someone's returned case and they just stuffed it into a box with the skins and sent it to me. There's a bunch of scuffs on the back and a pretty sizable ding on the bottom. Plus area for the skin seemed to be cut incorrectly even when alligned perfectly looks like the skin is sinking in one area. Contacted their customer support but with a 7-10 business day response time, I don't see this getting resolved in a timely fashion. Especially if every single exchange will take 7-10 days after initial contact, that is just atrocious.

• Wow
Reactions: hand-filer
D

Deleted member 739586

I had one of those for my Pixel 5 an absolutely loved it. I ordered now one for my Pixel 6, the website sais it will ship in January.

MINISPOON939

Mar 1, 2020
I loved the Grip case on my OP7P and am loving it on my Pixel now too. Grip is probably the most appropriate name for it - it stays in your hand with the "rough" textured sides and the entire case is very rigid feeling, compared to some other hard cases that have some flex to it. I really like that the camera is flush with the back now as well. Grip is probably my favourite hard case.

Reactions: mrlad

jughead75

Oct 21, 2012
Best case I've owned for any phone. The grip has a good bite. The buttons stick out enough to find them easily and the case around the camera sits flush. Definitely recommend dbrand

sb283

Oct 25, 2009
I have one, and I actually find it slippery, even though it is called GRIP. It looks nice though, fits perfectly, and I like the "carbon" skin which costed me extra $10. The skin is very slippery too, but it does not make it much worse because the case back is hard and slippery as it is, without any skin. I used Spigen Rugged Armor before, and the reason I switched to the DBRAND's case is because it hides that ugly 6 Pro camera bump and turns it into the regular phone. And I also wanted to try a more expensive case which I never did before. But the Spigen case was definitely softer and grippier and sometimes I think I will switch back to it.

IMG_20220123_205043.jpg
IMG_20220123_205047.jpg

Reactions: hand-filer

stetre76

Just received mine today.
It's just a bit bulkier than the rhinoshield SolidSuit, but at the same time I have the feeling it's also just a bit lighter.
The grip is just fantastic - a lot "grippier" than the SolidSuit, so I think it'S going to be my N°1 case for trailrunning, gravel biking, skiing, ...

The buttons are great as well, even though I just like the color buttons you can get with the rhinoshield.

And yes, the back is nice to look at as well ;)
dbrand_Grip.jpg

D

Deleted member 739586

This looks fantastic! My Grip is on its way to Germany. I picked the Teardown skin (like yours), the Robot Camo skin and the Matrix skin (which I had for my Pixel 5 Grip - it was fantastic).

planet_x69

Jul 7, 2011
I enjoy mine, I got the leather version. The only complaint is that I wish the power button was smooth to help differentiate it between the two volume buttons. It looks great and I feel for me it was worth the money having dropped the p6p on concrete several times already due to my being stupid.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I have the MKBHD RedCode skin getting delivered to me. I was considering getting the Teardown or Ghost skin but went with the RedCode one for the eye-catching color and appearance. I just peeled off my panda, white/grey skin as the white started getting some colored stains on it =/. But I had forgotten how this phone's back is more slippery than a stick of butter without a skin or a case!

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
Just received mine today.
It's just a bit bulkier than the rhinoshield SolidSuit, but at the same time I have the feeling it's also just a bit lighter.
The grip is just fantastic - a lot "grippier" than the SolidSuit, so I think it'S going to be my N°1 case for trailrunning, gravel biking, skiing, ...

The buttons are great as well, even though I just like the color buttons you can get with the rhinoshield.

And yes, the back is nice to look at as well ;)
View attachment 5519609
I have the solidsuit and like it a lot but I keep going to the dbrand website to look at the Grip.
Is it different enough to add to my collection?
Do you think it's an upgrade to the Rhinoshield?
TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This YouTube video should give you some good looks on it
    I feel that, dbrand is not bad, I prefered a spigen to it on my 4 XL though which is making it a hard sell for me on this device.
    As a Canadian I support Canadian brands whenever possible. Having said that I think that Dbrand is grossly overpriced and their marketing shtick is awful.
    Spigen is by far the better bang for your buck.
    I've had it for a couple weeks now and absolutely love it. The buttons really stick out so you can actually feel them in your pocket when you reach for it love it.
    It's holding up great
    As a Canadian I support Canadian brands whenever possible. Having said that I think that Dbrand is grossly overpriced and their marketing shtick is awful.
    Spigen is by far the better bang for your buck.
    Ringke cases are also very good. It's a direct competitor of Spigen. The same quality, a bit lower price just less options choice unfortunately.