• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Dbrand Leather Skin

Search This thread

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
So this is what tan looks like for those interested. Absolutely awesome! THE PHONE DOES NOT SLIP AND IS COMFORTABLE TO HOLD NOW!
Cannot wait to see how it ages! Took about 15 minutes to install. But once you warm it up and rub the corners it looks GREAT!

Attachments

• 20211206_195022.jpg
    20211206_195022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 402

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
Are you surprised that the natural leather was actually darker than they depicted on their website? Mine arrived today and I was surprised it's actually darker than I thought

Reactions: Gytole

KOLIOSIS

Are you surprised that the natural leather was actually darker than they depicted on their website? Mine arrived today and I was surprised it's actually darker than I thought
I just ordered a black leather skin. While I was on the site, I accidentally discovered the time-lapse simulation of how the leather will look over time & it appears that it will lighten up w/use & aging.

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
Not really? I was hoping for a middle ground between the ta and dark brown leather so my expectations were blown away. I was MORE impressed by how well it stuck. Just a little heat from the hair dryer and some patience and it went right on. Only had to realign the large piece once and the small piece I nailed my first try. Not too bad for someone who shakes! Worth the money though.

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

KOLIOSIS

Not really? I was hoping for a middle ground between the ta and dark brown leather so my expectations were blown away. I was MORE impressed by how well it stuck. Just a little heat from the hair dryer and some patience and it went right on. Only had to realign the large piece once and the small piece I nailed my first try. Not too bad for someone who shakes! Worth the money though.
I hear ya on the shakiness when trying to perfectly align the skins.... the more you concentrate on it, the worse it gets, LOL. 😁

About a month ago, I bought a magnifying LED lamp from Amazon. I think I spent about $15 USD on it, has a fixed 3x magnification.

Best $15 I've spent in a while,I've wrecked a few skins along the way..... used it to install a skin on my Z-Flip 3 & I nailed it on the 1st try on both pieces. That phone is very unforgiving for even the slightest of misalignments,lends itself to skin peeling on the contoured edges if not perfectly installed.

That's one thing I like about the camera spanning across the entire width of this phone, it's the perfect edge aligning "cheat", only really having to concentrating on alignment on one axis.
Installing the leather skin on this phone should be a breeze, especially when using the magnifying lamp (ETA on the skin 12/8-12/9),I'll post some pix of the finished product, hopefully by weeks end.......

Reactions: Gytole

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
So I learned that is DOES NOT like a case...it tries to pull off the top skin when coming out. That's kinda lame to discover. It sticks right back on but I was hoping it would have more hold like the other skins but I assume the added thickness just grabs the lip of the case naturally...it sucks...because I am a mechanic...and my hands get dirty...so I use a case at work...

KOLIOSIS

So I learned that is DOES NOT like a case...it tries to pull off the top skin when coming out. That's kinda lame to discover. It sticks right back on but I was hoping it would have more hold like the other skins but I assume the added thickness just grabs the lip of the case naturally...it sucks...because I am a mechanic...and my hands get dirty...so I use a case at work...
Yeah, eventually, the adhesive is gonna lose it's effectiveness w/this issue.
I currently have a textured skin from SopiGuard installed that is thin enough to survive case removal w/o the edge peeling.
I have two minimal cases that I use,I'm hoping that they won't peel back the edges as you're experiencing. One has an open design on the top and bottom:

This one has relief cuts in all four corners, to facilitate ease of removal:

Amosry Compatible with Google Pixel 6 Pro Case, Drop-Resistant, Shock-Proof, Friction-Resistant,Thin and Light, for Google Pixel 6 Pro (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JNGMS5C/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_K3STMBNEM8ZXF22PH

My leather skin will arrive on 12/09/21,will be posting pics over the weekend.
Also, I'll follow up in about a week or so with results, as to if I experience any peel-back with case removal.

Last edited:

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So this is what tan looks like for those interested. Absolutely awesome! THE PHONE DOES NOT SLIP AND IS COMFORTABLE TO HOLD NOW!
Cannot wait to see how it ages! Took about 15 minutes to install. But once you warm it up and rub the corners it looks GREAT!
Really does look good ... I just ordered one as well ... hope the installation is not too fnickery ;-)

Reactions: Gytole and KOLIOSIS

KOLIOSIS

My experience is identical to yours, this skin is not going to play nice with using a case.

Two things are in play here:
1) The thickness of the material.
2) The curved edges.

I used the hair dryer trick to get the curved edges to adhere & it's just not happening.
The cut on the skin is too blunt, it should have been taper cut, or, a thinner skin that would be more pliable to adhere to the edges.

YMMV & I hope others have a better experience than mine, but, based on my use, I'd recommend sticking w/a traditional skin, or, if you really want leather protection, go with a leather case.

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
I bought a black leather skin from Gadgetshieldz and it looks better than this brown skin, this is also affordable than Dbrand so I bought it.

hand-filer

Sep 21, 2021
I recently cancelled my order with Dbrand. They dinged me with a $5 cancellation charge for a product that was on back order.
After sales service is horrendous.
😡

• Wow
Reactions: randylahey786

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really does look good ... I just ordered one as well ... hope the installation is not too fnickery ;-)