• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dbrand skin on top of tempered glass

Search This thread

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
I ordered AMFILM Curved Tempered Glass screen protector for my Pixel 2 XL but then cracked the bottom part of my glass under the bottom speaker before it arrived, so I have decided to apply a dbrand skin on the front glass to cover it up, question is now:

Should I first apply my tempered glass screen protector and apply the skin on top of that or should apply the skin on front glass directly and maybe use a plastic screen protector fitted to the front display after I apply the skin?

I would prefer the added protection of the tempered glass under the Dbrand skin but I'm not sure if it will stick properly or not, has anyone tried this?

I ordered AMFILM Curved Tempered Glass screen protector for my Pixel 2 XL but then cracked the bottom part of my glass under the bottom speaker before it arrived, so I have decided to apply a dbrand skin on the front glass to cover it up, question is now:

Should I first apply my tempered glass screen protector and apply the skin on top of that or should apply the skin on front glass directly and maybe use a plastic screen protector fitted to the front display after I apply the skin?

I would prefer the added protection of the tempered glass under the Dbrand skin but I'm not sure if it will stick properly or not, has anyone tried this?

I don't think you would be able to apply the skin first anyways because I'm sure the screen protector would not apply correctly as it will leave a gap between the display and the screen protector as the skin will raise the screen protector from the edges.

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
I don't think you would be able to apply the skin first anyways because I'm sure the screen protector would not apply correctly as it will leave a gap between the display and the screen protector as the skin will raise the screen protector from the edges.

That I'm 100% sure of, question is will it work the other way around? Screen protector first then skin?

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
It worked, I installed the AmFlilm tempered glass screen protector then installed the front glass dbrand skin and its a perfect fit. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20180830-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20180830-WA0013.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG-20180829-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20180829-WA0026.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG-20180829-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20180829-WA0027.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 502