Dbrand & Slickwrap Skins Availability

Search This thread

Pedro2NR

Sep 14, 2007
Los Angeles
With the users who posted their dbrand skins, the glass panel separation seems to be visible.
Based on the photos, installation video, and other YouTubers sporting the dbrand skin, I couldn't see the distinction.

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
Dont buy the Dbrand skin forsure I got mine and it's no way going to work unless you use a case. LOL waste of $15 bucks save your money and just get some lunch instead. If you guys need some pics on how the dbrand fit I show you, but I took it off after it looked way to crappy go bare or a case IMO. :rolleyes:

God right when I ****ing caved and bought dbrand skins.

Yea I know. I removed my slickwraps hemp skin and put the dbrand skin on and it just doesn't seem like it fits as well as the slickwraps around the top corners. I have tried to get rid of the ripples at the corners and it seems like they just won't go away. I will be ordering a natural skin from slickwraps the moment they are up.

thcue

Yea I know. I removed my slickwraps hemp skin and put the dbrand skin on and it just doesn't seem like it fits as well as the slickwraps around the top corners. I have tried to get rid of the ripples at the corners and it seems like they just won't go away. I will be ordering a natural skin from slickwraps the moment they are up.

I know right? The corners will not work at all they will stick out and look like crap. lol Sad the pics look good on the site but that's not real life.

Reactions: ExcuseTheN00b

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Last edited:

B4tnam

Apr 7, 2012
Adrian, Michigan
b4tnam.tumblr.com
Here is the slickwrap black carbon fiber with Google colored G
I ordered a dbrand as well about a week ago, still waiting for that to be done processing IMG_20161107_224533_01.jpg

I'll take a better picture if you guys request it

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
Anyone else have similar issues with the DBrand skins? I have one in my hand, but haven't installed yet.

I have stopped paying attention to forum posts on XDA, especially about skins when they mention one company over another. Some online behaviour of brands has been suspect.

I've owned both skins for previous phones and both were good. Personally I found the fit and finish of the dbrand skins to be more exact.

The full skin version does look more challenging to install, I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: InfiniteReality

tommyntpham

Nov 30, 2012
Cleveland
I order both dbrand and slick wraps for my xl. I found that the slick wraps one was more exact than the dbrand one. Corners are super smooth and easier to adhere. Also slick wraps has a 45% off deal for today only!!

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
Did anyone here order a dbrand around 10/16 like I did and their order still says processing? I ordered from dbrand on 10/16 for my Pixel XL and haven't had any updates whatsoever. I emailed them twice in the last week with my order number and they have yet to return an email. I'm starting to get frustrated. $20 for nothing so far is kind of ridiculous. It's been over 3 weeks without so much as an email. Hmmm.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Black leather with wood glass panel from dbrand

(Crashguard bumper from rhinoshield)
    Dbrand Marble skin on Pixel XL :D
    didnt do to bad of a job with the corners. Just use your hairdryer heavily :good:
    IMG_20161117_160906_zpsaydfmzkx.jpg

IMG_20161117_161400_zpslqhuy7wa.jpg

IMG_20161117_161508_zpszpilo2rp.jpg

IMG_20161117_161400_zpslqhuy7wa.jpg
    Which one did you get? Can you post a pic?

I got flat black, for protection more than flash.

I also got a DBrand but in there typical fashion it will be another two weeks before I see it.
    Just got home and posting the pics of the slickwraps skin. It is the hemp skin and its ok. The installation was very easy and fits perfectly. Had to use a heatgun to get the edges to stick which is normal for all skins. It really doesn't feel like hemp fabric but it is kinda grippy. I do have dbrand skins on order but they have not shipped out yet. I do like the natural look of this skin. It did come with a full front skin, a top and bottom skin, a few G logo stickers made out of the same hemp like material and a finger print skin. I did not use the finger print skin because then you can't unlock the phone with it. I do not like cases but used a case on this phone because of the back glass.
    Here's a leather one from Slickwraps. The cutouts are quite precise and the wrap covers the front chamfered edges. Pictures were taken with an S7 Edge because Pixels are not yet able to take pictures of itself.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone