dbrand taking preorders!!!

Search This thread

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Just got an email from them. They said orders will ship "Mid-February". These people really need to stop promoting products they cannot ship within a week or two. When did they start promoting this new Grip case? Several weeks ago? And they're still not available. Are the pre orders their desperate attempt to pay bills? And Dbrand isn't the only one guilty of doing this.

No further images on this case to help us get a better idea of what it will look like, no further videos, hell, they haven't even sent out any Grip cases to influences so we can see some YouTube reviews on it. What gives?

Yea, this plain sucks. They probably needed our money upfront to have the cases produced in China. The Note 10 will be out before this Note 9 case makes it to market.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
I agree with you guys here... No updates, no images, no nothing!
After all the hype around the grip cases, did you guys notice how they literally went dead silent on Twitter?!
F*** they where posting s*** tons everyday, most of it was some random robotic bs imho but they where active. Now after announcing the grip DEAD SILENCE...

Seems kinda sketchy tbh, I don't like stuff like that.
Plus in all honesty, I've tried many different skins from various companies and honestly more or less same s***! People just hype up a company like others didn't make exact same quality skins, good i'd say 2 even better (my opinion ofc)

mweinbach

Portal Writer
Feb 13, 2016
Connecticut
I agree with you guys here... No updates, no images, no nothing!
After all the hype around the grip cases, did you guys notice how they literally went dead silent on Twitter?!
F*** they where posting s*** tons everyday, most of it was some random robotic bs imho but they where active. Now after announcing the grip DEAD SILENCE...

Seems kinda sketchy tbh, I don't like stuff like that.
Plus in all honesty, I've tried many different skins from various companies and honestly more or less same s***! People just hype up a company like others didn't make exact same quality skins, good i'd say 2 even better (my opinion ofc)

As someone with direct communication with dbrand, its fine. They are just working very hard on getting the cases out. I was told they should be shipping very very soon. Within the next 2 weeks. The lack of images and such are just because they are busying packing boxes for shipments.

D

Deleted member 7436581

As someone with direct communication with dbrand, its fine. They are just working very hard on getting the cases out. I was told they should be shipping very very soon. Within the next 2 weeks. The lack of images and such are just because they are busying packing boxes for shipments.

I would love to know if they've attempted to deliver some of their initially completed manufactured cases out to YouTube influencers like Flossy Carter? I would imagine using them to help further hype and promote these cases would do Dbrand great service, no? Along with satisfying its current and potential customers by giving them a better look at what they look like and how they slip on and off?

I mean... If they did that wouldn't it also help secure more pre orders? As it stands, I can't do a pre order on something like this because it still feels like I'm flying a bit blind.

KOLIOSIS

I would love to know if they've attempted to deliver some of their initially completed manufactured cases out to YouTube influencers like Flossy Carter? I would imagine using them to help further hype and promote these cases would do Dbrand great service, no? Along with satisfying its current and potential customers by giving them a better look at what they look like and how they slip on and off?

I mean... If they did that wouldn't it also help secure more pre orders? As it stands, I can't do a pre order on something like this because it still feels like I'm flying a bit blind.

The mfgs get the specs/dimensions of a phone before it actually goes to market, or, at minimum, have an opportunity to do so. Having this much lagtime after the phone has been available is a real WTH....

It would make sense to get production rolling to time it better/closer to release vs months later, when most people have already bought a case.

Not to beat up on D-Brand, but seriously, the phone has been out 4-5 months already.......

Brand names mean little most of the time, a lot of what you see on the market is the same exact case from one or two mfgs w/slight cosmetic differences, as simple as a logo or texture insert into the mold from which it's made.

I suspect the same thing with this case, I've seen pix similar to it already. If it were me, I'd look around for the doppelganger & get it, especially if it's already available & less expensive.

Last edited:

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
When you think about something, I don't care if you are making/packing boxes or not... This isn't how you do business!

You hype up something for pre-order and next day you're dead silent for a whole month. Next time there will be no next time lol... After this bs I'll spend my muneeey (McGregor voice) somewhere else.
Plus nobody can tell me that utter bs that you're preparing the packages and that's the reason for you not uploading images, videos or communicating with your customers.

Reactions: Limeybastard
D

Deleted member 7436581

G-20180218-030216149.gif

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
When you think about something, I don't care if you are making/packing boxes or not... This isn't how you do business!

You hype up something for pre-order and next day you're dead silent for a whole month. Next time there will be no next time lol... After this bs I'll spend my muneeey (McGregor voice) somewhere else.
Plus nobody can tell me that utter bs that you're preparing the packages and that's the reason for you not uploading images, videos or communicating with your customers.

They are not packing any boxes. This POS is still over in China trying to be manufactured.

I'm guessing it's been a complete fail so far.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
They are not packing any boxes. This POS is still over in China trying to be manufactured.

I'm guessing it's been a complete fail so far.

Ofc it's that!
I just wanted to be nice because I got warned in the past for my language use :(

Those guys are cocky as hell, we all know that, so if it would go according to plan they would literally hype the **** out of the release date to get more sell in. This time they had barely any marketing except maybe 2 days? That's not how you market to sell more if you're confident in the thing.

Just ofc my opinion, IF YOU DON'T AGREE don't bother replying ?
(ofc jk)

D

Deleted member 7436581

Ofc it's that!
I just wanted to be nice because I got warned in the past for my language use :(

Those guys are cocky as hell, we all know that, so if it would go according to plan they would literally hype the **** out of the release date to get more sell in. This time they had barely any marketing except maybe 2 days? That's not how you market to sell more if you're confident in the thing.

Just ofc my opinion, IF YOU DON'T AGREE don't bother replying ?
(ofc jk)

Who warned you about your language? XDA?

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
So much for the Note 9 Grip case.
Today's email from Dbrand:

We received the bulk shipment of Grip Cases early last week and, during our detailed quality spot checks, found that a number of units for select devices suffered a manufacturing defect called “flash”. Flash is the term used for excess material on an injection molded product (like our Grip Case), caused by misaligned parts in the production tool. For a more detailed explanation, you can check out this Wikipedia article on flash.

Once we observed the consistent issue in our spot checks, we performed a full audit on the recently arrived inventory. Unfortunately, we found that flash was present across all units of select smartphone models. Below are a couple of photos to help visualize what “flash” looks like. Higher resolution photos are available here.
While this manufacturing flaw is strictly aesthetic, it’s a quality issue we’re unwilling to accept. Customers like you - ones who have supported us since 2011 - remain loyal because we’re uncompromising on the precision, detail, and integrity of our products. The Grip Case is no exception.

>From our end, the next steps are simple: we’re manufacturing all affected units again, from scratch. In terms of timing, this means your order is now expected to ship in March, rather than February.

The decision to double our manufacturing cost was easy - it was the outcome of delayed shipments that makes this process so disheartening. At the end of the day, our focus is on ensuring you are delivered both a world-class product and superior customer experience. Once you receive the Grip Case, we’re confident you’ll agree that it is the absolute pinnacle in phone cases.

So where’s the good news in all this? The very first question raised in our internal meetings about this delay was, “How are we going to make this right with our customers?” It needed to be something with instant gratification. Something with practical value. Something you could enjoy. The answer was simple: give out Amazon Gift Cards. More specifically, give out one million dollars in Amazon Gift Cards.

Your order is eligible for a $10.00 USD (or USD equivalent) Amazon Gift Card ($10 for each delayed Grip Case in your order).

To celebrate your newfound wealth, we went ahead and scoured Amazon to find some products that you’d probably never buy unless it was with free money:

The 2 pics from the email.

Attachments

• wfRfMjU.jpg
    wfRfMjU.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 258
  • MPEZKSl.jpg
    MPEZKSl.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

mtsingson

Jul 16, 2008
Just read an email from dbrand. Shipments have been moved from February to April due to a "Flash" defect on their cases when it arrived. They are offering a $10 refund as compensation for the delay

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

We received the bulk shipment of Grip Cases early last week and, during our detailed quality spot checks, found that a number of units for select devices suffered a manufacturing defect called “flash”. Flash is the term used for excess material on an injection molded product (like our Grip Case), caused by misaligned parts in the production tool. For a more detailed explanation, you can check out this Wikipedia article on flash.

Once we observed the consistent issue in our spot checks, we performed a full audit on the recently arrived inventory. Unfortunately, we found that flash was present across all units of select smartphone models. Below are a couple of photos to help visualize what “flash” looks like. Higher resolution photos are available here.
While this manufacturing flaw is strictly aesthetic, it’s a quality issue we’re unwilling to accept. Customers like you - ones who have supported us since 2011 - remain loyal because we’re uncompromising on the precision, detail, and integrity of our products. The Grip Case is no exception.

>From our end, the next steps are simple: we’re manufacturing all affected units again, from scratch. In terms of timing, this means your order is now expected to ship in March, rather than February.

The decision to double our manufacturing cost was easy - it was the outcome of delayed shipments that makes this process so disheartening. At the end of the day, our focus is on ensuring you are delivered both a world-class product and superior customer experience. Once you receive the Grip Case, we’re confident you’ll agree that it is the absolute pinnacle in phone cases.

So where’s the good news in all this? The very first question raised in our internal meetings about this delay was, “How are we going to make this right with our customers?” It needed to be something with instant gratification. Something with practical value. Something you could enjoy. The answer was simple: give out Amazon Gift Cards. More specifically, give out one million dollars in Amazon Gift Cards.

Your order is eligible for a $10.00 USD (or USD equivalent) Amazon Gift Card ($10 for each delayed Grip Case in your order).

To celebrate your newfound wealth, we went ahead and scoured Amazon to find some products that you’d probably never buy unless it was with free money:

That sucks having to wait even longer, but it's a good move on their part regarding the Amazon gift card. I'm sure to simply offer refunds they'll loose loyal customers and to give the product to those who pre-ordered them for free they'd loose either @SS even more than they probably already are with doubling manufacturing.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012

Ehhhh "It's fine"!

"As someone with direct communication with dbrand"
- Shows how much of a f*** they give about there customers, they plainly lied to you about the whole thing!

Never ever trust companies, I know they seem super cool insulting everyone and everything, new marketing. Lots of HYPE etc etc... But at the end of the day we all are just sheeps to them that they take money from. Simple as that...

Ohhh and every phone is different, how come they all have the same issue? Means nobody is over watching s***, they placed the orders and CHINA once again f***** up doing a proper job. "Made in China ?? "
That also means those new Grips will be ****, which also means it isn't a FLASH issue, maybe a few of them yeaaa, they probably couldn't make them on time. They knew that from day 1,that's why they went silent for over a month!
Normally they're loud as hell putting everyone down (competition), hyping it up etc... This time 1 month dead silence and then to have the respect to lie how you're preparing boxes for the shipment.

Lets continue...
They got them in last week, why the f*** did you wait so long/till a Saturday 5 30pm to let people know, again shows it's a HUGE lie.

Dbrand can't live up even close to its own hype, time to get my refund and **** those stupid 10$ and funny things I could buy...

KOLIOSIS

The real story behind this cosmetic defect is definitely an injection mold issue, but, as with anything, they likely got what they paid for.

Guessing they took a gamble & tried to go into production with a preliminary (prototype) mold, which is relatively inexpensive to build, but, even if they make good parts (cases), they're not going to last long enough before you start seeing the 1st signs of wear, which is usually the "flash".

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to re-work the cases that exist (trim the excess plastic) & send 'em out.

Nothing inherently wrong with that, provided the end product looks/functions as designed.

This is what happens when you pick the cheapest bid for a project & have no oversight until deadlines are missed.

D

Deleted member 7436581

The real story behind this cosmetic defect is definitely an injection mold issue, but, as with anything, they likely got what they paid for.

Yup. And I still think the price for the case is too much. Spigen prices their cases well enough (through Amazon) and they offer outstanding protection and/or slim cases. Who are they using to manufacture their cases? Maybe Dbrand should ask.

I'd be more upset by this if this was a bumper-only design but it's not. It's pretty much another run of the mill case that's offering nothing new and unique except for the fact that you can use their skins on the back of the case.

I somehow thought that Dbrand was a legit company, not a startup? Not a company who was recently begging for funds for a startup a project. I thought they were established by now. That they could run themselves professionally and advertise products that they could ship right away or within a couple of weeks of announcing new products?

What's gone wrong with the way this company is being run? I would love to know who's to blame for this mess. A 10$ gift card? They're going to have to do a hell of a lot more to regain our confidence before many of us buy another product from them again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What a ****ing joke. I WAITED MONTHS FOR THIS DIME STORE CRAPTASTIC CASE???

the only bad thing I ever could say about the original grip case was the headphone jack opening was a little small. Other than that , dbrand nailed it and the original grip case was the bomb , and is still on my note 8.

Then I get this hot mess in the mail , with bad tracking info so no idea when it arrived this week. I honestly can't say one good thing about. It is complete **** . It interferes with the fingerprint sensor, the buttons are horrible, the spen cut out is too small, the case itself slides and has no grip. The sides and corners are thinner and it has a stupid back that doesn't let the phone be seen(kinda defeats the purpose of skins , and no , putting a skin on this case is another failure of an idea) I tried to hold out and be positive, because the original grip was worth it, but no.. hell no, this is a joke.

Dbrand lost a customer today, it will take alot to win me back after this. I didnt even hate Samsung as much after the note 7 (which I had 2 ).

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960U1 using XDA Labs

What a ****ing joke. I WAITED MONTHS FOR THIS DIME STORE CRAPTASTIC CASE???

the only bad thing I ever could say about the original grip case was the headphone jack opening was a little small. Other than that , dbrand nailed it and the original grip case was the bomb , and is still on my note 8.

Then I get this hot mess in the mail , with bad tracking info so no idea when it arrived this week. I honestly can't say one good thing about. It is complete **** . It interferes with the fingerprint sensor, the buttons are horrible, the spen cut out is too small, the case itself slides and has no grip. The sides and corners are thinner and it has a stupid back that doesn't let the phone be seen(kinda defeats the purpose of skins , and no , putting a skin on this case is another failure of an idea) I tried to hold out and be positive, because the original grip was worth it, but no.. hell no, this is a joke.

Dbrand lost a customer today, it will take alot to win me back after this. I didnt even hate Samsung as much after the note 7 (which I had 2 ).

Lololololol

Told you guys!
    Literally utter garbage,lost 38usd for nothing.
    Might've been the first one to receive the case since I'm from Toronto as they are,after the first opening I was "So is this it?"...10min later was in the garbage!

From 10 times 7-8 it couldn't read the fingerprint since your finger doesn't touch the sensor,way to bulky.
    Lets not even start talking about taking the S Pen out lol,ohhhh and like you said everything is crap about this whole case/thing/branding etc...
    D
    Deleted member 7436581

Yup. And I still think the price for the case is too much. Spigen prices their cases well enough (through Amazon) and they offer outstanding protection and/or slim cases. Who are they using to manufacture their cases? Maybe Dbrand should ask.

I'd be more upset by this if this was a bumper-only design but it's not. It's pretty much another run of the mill case that's offering nothing new and unique except for the fact that you can use their skins on the back of the case.

I somehow thought that Dbrand was a legit company, not a startup? Not a company who was recently begging for funds for a startup a project. I thought they were established by now. That they could run themselves professionally and advertise products that they could ship right away or within a couple of weeks of announcing new products?

What's gone wrong with the way this company is being run? I would love to know who's to blame for this mess. A 10$ gift card? They're going to have to do a hell of a lot more to regain our confidence before many of us buy another product from them again.
    Ok just set everything up and put on the case...

Honestly it's crap!

- Extremely bulky...Sound,Bixby and Power buttons are very hard to press. You have to literally concentrate and tell yourself to press harder so you trigger them. Not like without when you just know a normal press will do it,you really have to press them hard to active the buttons.
    Pressing them with one hand you really really have to hold your phone firmly otherwise it'll fall out of your hand.

- Pressing+taking out the pen is a pain in the ass!
    Literally have to squeeze with your nails or something sharper to get it out. Not good and not handy at all. Putting it back in same s***

- Fingerprint you again really really have to set up your finger on the fingerprint and then firmly press down so your finger touches the sensors. You can't just put your finger on it casually...mehhhh

- Very very hard to take out of the case,you need to kinda press it out at the bottom where the case is slightly softer.

Very robust,very bulky and tbh nothing I haven't seen from other cases! It's not really to grippy,not slippery either but idk nothing special about this case. Looks like I just wasted some 38USD more or less,waited almost 3 months and I could've gotten simular cases for less $$$,faster and better customer service.
    This from me personally was the last $$$ DBrand has seen,they really f****ed it up from the beginning of this year! Was a total circus with this GRIP,fake advertising,lack of true pictures (many thought me included that back was open),no communication, messed up China Made orders,took 3 months almost etc etc...

If you have any questions feel free to ask,I'll answer them. Just wrote down my initial thoughts and that after 10min I took it off,way to many negative things and hustling around for a case.