Dead Pixels

Search This thread

emd2009

Jun 3, 2007
So I have had my Evo since October and now it has two dead pixels, a red one near the top and a blue one towards the bottom. They are not a big deal, but I am paying for insurance, so is this a liable claim to get a replacement?

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
They may claim it's "cosmetic" and make you pay the deductible. I've heard you have to have an entire line of dead pixels before they swap it out for free, but I'm not sure if that's true or if that's with or without insurance. If they tell you that, I'd try another store. I've found that the store outside of the city will work with me more than the one downtown, so try a different one before paying for anything.

My Evo + xda Premium App = This post.

thebeast614

Dec 7, 2010
Powell, OH
I would make them replace it cus its definitely not cosmetic...and it might not be dead I think you can have "stuck" pixels...there's a app in the market that's supposed to help fix stuck pixels...you could try that first

Sent from my nightly EVO

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Sprint gave me a refurb with 5 dead pixles and glass was peeled up the lady pushed on the glass with her finger nail was a ***** lol told me it was cosmetic said there wasn't anything she could do for me. I wasn't goona take a phone that looked like crap and have moisture get on the screen she then went and got a tech guy they swapped it out.

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
Dead pixels are a hardware failure, thus covered under the warranty for free. No Insurance needed.

njonas01

Jan 18, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Don't sweat it

Dead pixels are a known issue. I took my phone to Sprint and as long as there isn't any water damage they will swap the screen out for you..NO Hassle. I was extremely surprised at how easy it was for me to get my screen replaced:)