For me, every additional app which i don't use is too much. Why should an app be installed, if i don't use it? So i wrote a little debloater script, which i can flash over every rom i install. Also i added some extras which i need for my daily use.
First: This is NOT a full rom. It's a script to flash over a rom. The script uses a aroma installer. Every app can be selected manually for removal. Also the apps are not removed entirely. The are moved to a backup folder. So they can be easily restored if an app, which was removed, is missing after the flash. Additionally you can choose if you want to remove the gallery images, ringtones and notifications ringtones.
Because you can remove the lg launcher and/or the lg sms app, i decided to add nova launcher and google messenger as replacement apps. Of course they are also optional to install.
Furthermore i added a nfc mod, to enable nfc while screen is off or while screen is on and lockscreen is on. And of course this is also optional. You can choose to use stock nfc behavior.
The script is in a very early state. There can be bugs, so be sure to make a backup from your rom with TWRP before you flash the zip.
- LG G4 H815. Maybe also H811. Not tested this device. Wait for your report here.
- Rom Version 20g
- TWRP recovery installed
- Full backup
- Flash zip with TWRP over your current rom
- Reboot and enjoy
Selectable removable apps:
- LG360Wallpaper (New in 1.2)
- LiveWallpapers_Cat (New in 1.2)
- LiveWallpapers_Kaleidoscope (New in 1.2)
- LGCalculator (New in 1.3)
- LGContacts (New in 1.4)
- LGInCallUI (New in 1.4)
- LGFavoriteContactsWidget (New in 1.4)
- LGGallery (New in 1.4)
Please help me here to add more apps which can be safely removed.
Selectable removable folder:
- Gallery images
- Notification ringtones
Please help me here to add more folders which can be safely removed.
- Nova Launcher (as a replacement for the LG Home launcher)
- Google messenger (as a replacement for the LG SMS app)
- Google phone (as a replacement for the LG Contacts app)
- Google contacts (as a replacement for the LG Contacts app)
- Google photos (as a replacement for the LG Gallery app)
- 540 DPI Mod
- LG adoptable storage mod
- NFC screen off mod
- NFC screen on/lockscreen on mod
- CTT Mod v4 to eliminate lag and more. This is a must have. It really helps to improve the lag behavior of the G4.
No app/folder will be deleted. Every app will be just moved to the folder: system/__Backup
From there you should move the apps to either /system/app or /system/priv-app back. You should move the folder (and not copy), otherwise the permissions will be messed up. Just use a root file manager for that (Solid Explorer etc.)
Version 1.0 (22/03/2016)
- Initial release
Version 1.1 (20/05/2016)
- NFC Mod is now compatible with 20g
- Updated Nova Launcher
- Updated Google Messenger
- LGAlarmClock will be not removed by default
- Added some new help description to the bloat list
- Removed the CTT Mod
Version 1.2 (22/05/2016)
- Added LG360Wallpaper for removal
- Added LiveWallpapers_Kaleidoscope for removal
- Added LiveWallpapers_Cat for removal
Version 1.3 (23/05/2016)
- Added 540 DPI Mod (thx to michiil)
- Added option to enable LG adoptable storage (thx to michiil)
- Added LGCalculator for removal
- Updated Google Messenger
Version 1.4 (24/05/2016)
- Added LGContacts for removal
- Added LGInCallUI for removal
- Added LGFavoriteContactsWidget for removal
- Added LGGallery for removal
- Added Google Phone for installation (Replacement for LGContacts)
- Added Google Contacts for installation (Replacement for LGContacts)
- Added Google Photos for installation (Replacement for LGGallery)
michiil: For his 540 DPI and LG adoptable storage mod
moly82: For his idea on the Z3 Compact and his script which my script is based on.
slim80: For his wonderful G4 rom and kernel
Robshr: For his awesome thermal mod
amarullz: For the aroma installer
DebloatEx, ROM for the LG G4
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: 20g
Last Updated 2016-05-24