How To Guide Debloat list

Search This thread

malikin

Aug 11, 2009
London
Screenshot_20220924_210144_One UI Home.jpg

Attention: During this debloat proceess you can lose some of data. Do not continue if not sure. Recomended to do after you unpacked and updated software on your NEW device without copying your personal information.

tab s8 instruc.JPG

1) download ADBApp Control (please buy if you like it)
2) activate ADB on your tab
3) activate ADB in developer settings
4) Connect usb cable to pc and run ADBAPPControl software
5) Allow ADB connection on your Samsung device
6) Choose all preinstalled app you no need (see my screen above), i had 122 useless apps selected.
6a) -------or Choose LOAD PRESET if want to load my 122 disabled apps list
7) Choose Delete data\cache if you want totally clean apps data (or deselect it)
8) Choose Disable (all selected apps will be DISABLED and not uninstalled and can be enabled back in any time if needed manually or via ADBAPPControl app)
9) Wait untill ADBAPPControl finish clean up, disconnect USB cable and restart your tablet

attention: do not disable Samsung Keybord if planning to use DEX - you can get bootloop
(comment from @sosimple)

Attachments

• Samsung_SM-X700_[Disabled]_2022-09-24_21_17_08.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Reactions: sosimple

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Thanks!
Really a good list. If you don't use Samsung ecosystem, all the non useful.
From the 122 apps, you can open the text file with notepad and delete which you dont want to freeze. (I'm posting it for those who don't know how it works). I did it in not a new tab but worked fine.

There is also Ladb ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.ladb ) which works fine in galaxy tab s8 ultra. You can create adb without pc, just be connected to a wifi, and freeze / Defreeze apps with adb commands (google it).

Reactions: malikin

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
To have Dex working again, i should open those?
com.sec.android.desktopmode.uiservice
com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher
com.samsung.desktopsystemui

Are there any others i must open?
Thanks,

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com

Thanks,
I reply to myself. Anyone who wants Dex , defrose those. I just tested it. Also if you want dex ,don't ever freeze Samsung keybord (regardless if you dont use it because you have for example google keyboard) because when you start Dex ,tablet bootloop and you'll neet to factory reset. At least that is happening to Galaxy tab s6, I don't see why wont happen here.. If i had root I'll tested but i don't. In tab s6 where i have root , i can fix it without factory reset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    I reply to myself. Anyone who wants Dex , defrose those. I just tested it. Also if you want dex ,don't ever freeze Samsung keybord (regardless if you dont use it because you have for example google keyboard) because when you start Dex ,tablet bootloop and you'll neet to factory reset. At least that is happening to Galaxy tab s6, I don't see why wont happen here.. If i had root I'll tested but i don't. In tab s6 where i have root , i can fix it without factory reset.
    Screenshot_20220924_210144_One UI Home.jpg

Attention: During this debloat proceess you can lose some of data. Do not continue if not sure. Recomended to do after you unpacked and updated software on your NEW device without copying your personal information.

tab s8 instruc.JPG

1) download ADBApp Control (please buy if you like it)
    2) activate ADB on your tab
    3) activate ADB in developer settings
    4) Connect usb cable to pc and run ADBAPPControl software
    5) Allow ADB connection on your Samsung device
    6) Choose all preinstalled app you no need (see my screen above), i had 122 useless apps selected.
    6a) -------or Choose LOAD PRESET if want to load my 122 disabled apps list
    7) Choose Delete data\cache if you want totally clean apps data (or deselect it)
    8) Choose Disable (all selected apps will be DISABLED and not uninstalled and can be enabled back in any time if needed manually or via ADBAPPControl app)
    9) Wait untill ADBAPPControl finish clean up, disconnect USB cable and restart your tablet

attention: do not disable Samsung Keybord if planning to use DEX - you can get bootloop
    (comment from @sosimple)
    Thanks!
    Really a good list. If you don't use Samsung ecosystem, all the non useful.
    From the 122 apps, you can open the text file with notepad and delete which you dont want to freeze. (I'm posting it for those who don't know how it works). I did it in not a new tab but worked fine.

There is also Ladb ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.ladb ) which works fine in galaxy tab s8 ultra. You can create adb without pc, just be connected to a wifi, and freeze / Defreeze apps with adb commands (google it).
    just load my list in ADBAPP Control and UNCHECK an apps you want to keep ))) simply easy
    I think the stock gallery app and calculator are pretty good. I'd keep those.