How To Guide [DEBLOAT][OPTIMIZE][V1.2] - OPPO Find X3 Pro - PEEM00 (CN)

Search This thread

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
1) Introduction
I recently acquired a Find X3 Pro Lensman edition and wanted to share the few tweaks that I operated on it, seeing that some people were also relying on importation for the Find X3 Pro.
As I used ADB to operate the majority of the changes you'll see next, I invite you to follow the XDA guide to install it, or the official Android documentation.

For a quick resume of the command lines that will be used, you can visit this link to have a quick explanation on what they are doing.

Don't forget to activate the dev options and the USB debugging before throwing yourself in the debloating process (also know that ColorOS might deactivate by itself for security reasons, so you might have to reactivate it from time to time, but after some reactivation, ColorOS will let it stay, strange behavior, but be aware that it can happen).

2) Debloat list
These packages will be uninstalled through the ADB command line
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 your.package.name

Basic stuff (that you can replace for better options)
com.heytap.music
com.heytap.yoli
com.finshell.wallet
com.oplus.pay
com.heytap.browser
com.sohu.inputmethod.sogouoem
com.coloros.calendar
com.coloros.weather.service
com.android.contacts
com.nearme.instant.platform
com.iflytek.speechsuite
com.heytap.quicksearchbox
com.opos.ads
com.oplus.cosa

com.android.mms * (setting another default SMS/MMS app will result in warning prompts everytime you try to send something with the replacement app, to reinstall it, use the following command:
Code:
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.android.mms
)

Breeno related packages (ColorOS voice assistant, only works with CN language)
com.coloros.ocrscanner
com.coloros.directui
com.heytap.speechassist
com.coloros.assistantscreen
com.coloros.colordirectservice
com.coloros.floatassistant
com.oplus.ovoicemanager.wakeup

Don't forget to install replacement apps for contacts, phone, SMS and browser. 🙂

You can uninstall most other of the OPPO proprietary apps or CN bloat apps with a basic uninstallation directly performed from your smartphone, and most of them are restorable through ColorOS (Parameters > Apps > Restore deleted system apps) if you realize you've done something wrong.

3) Various tips and observations
From my personal experience, the PEEM00 units cannot use a third-party launcher consistently, even when set up through ADB. I tried to add various launchers (Nova, Nothing, Lawnchair 2, etc.), but they never appeared in the default launcher selection list. I managed to trick the system with
Code:
adb shell cmd package set-home-activity "com.teslacoilsw.launcher"
, but Nova wasn't able to fully take over and the "back home" gesture was alternating between ColorOS launcher and Nova.
I've thought about unlocking the bootloader to push Nova (or any other launcher) as a system app, but it might be an overkill solution.

OPPO is having a very angry "energy management" process, so you'll need to manually change the optimisation for the apps you want to persist in the background (personally, I changed pretty much everything to "Always ask"). You'll find the app list in Battery > Advanced parameters > Optimize battery usage.

If you want to deactivate the use of 5G bands and only use 4G+ and lower bands, you'll have to select the corresponding optimization recommendation in Settings > Battery > * recommended optimizations (top banner) > Disable 5G.

To add Google services, you'll have to load the Play Store with the com.android.vending package. You'll find it easily across the web, just make sure you download it from a trusted provider (I installed mine from APK Mirror).

OPPO doesn't seem to have released the sources for the Find X3 Pro to this day, which is a little disappointing, as I'd really like to see crDroid on it, but the smartphone in itself is quite enjoyable to use as is (moreover, the microscope lens wouldn't be usable this easily, as the OnePlus 9 Pro camera app is already requiring proprietary packages and vending folders to work properly, and it seems to use the same requirements and system packages as its OPPO brother).

To easily find the packages names, I highly recommend using Solid Explorer to check the system apps list directly on the Find X3 Pro while you debloat through your terminal on the side.

I'll surely edit this post as I find new items to add, modify, etc. Feel free to suggest your own modifications, I'll gladly look into it.

Redacted under update PEEM00FLU_11_C.08, some details might change depending on your own version (available packages, paths, etc.).

Edit 1 (22/06/2022) : added some packages in the debloat list and separated the Breeno (CN voice assistant) related ones from the general ones.

Edit 2 (26/06/2022) : added more packages and reinstalled com.android.mms, added a few tips.

Last edited:

Roveri

Apr 6, 2022
OPPO Find X3 Pro
For some weird reason, when I uninstalled Quick Search Box (com.heytap.quicksearchbox) my PEEM00's home launcher now has this strange icon in the left (probably related to quick search box or pictorial, iirc). It doesn't let me swipe to the left (lol) and the animation of the swipe is gone. It actually doesn't bother me, because untill now the phone is working properly

1656591300822.png

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
For some weird reason, when I uninstalled Quick Search Box (com.heytap.quicksearchbox) my PEEM00's home launcher now has this strange icon in the left (probably related to quick search box or pictorial, iirc). It doesn't let me swipe to the left (lol) and the animation of the swipe is gone. It actually doesn't bother me, because untill now the phone is working properly

View attachment 5649423
It's because of the presence of the main Google App. ;)

Reactions: Roveri

Roveri

Apr 6, 2022
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I uninstalled it and it worked like a charm, many thanks :) ! Btw, do you know if there's any way to know the package's description? There are some packages that look suspicious to me, and I'm wondering if it's safe to uninstall them (I know that there are many threads about debloating Find X3 Pro, but some of them didn't work for me)

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
I uninstalled it and it worked like a charm, many thanks :) ! Btw, do you know if there's any way to know the package's description? There are some packages that look suspicious to me, and I'm wondering if it's safe to uninstall them (I know that there are many threads about debloating Find X3 Pro, but some of them didn't work for me)
Think that you may have to reinstall it if you need Google Assistant or Lens. 🤔

I'd recommend you to search on the web with their names, you'll usually find your answer easily, but yes, some packages are too Chinese to be widely known outside of this country and you might struggle finding solid clues for some of them.

Last edited:

Roveri

Apr 6, 2022
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Think that you may have to reinstall it if you need Google Assistant or Lens. 🤔

I'd recommend you to search on the web with their names, I'll usually find your answer easily, but yes, some packages are too Chinese to be widely known outside of this country and you might struggle finding solid clues for some of them.
Yeah, Lens need the Google app to work, I've installed it again and the icon comes back whenever I restart my phone, no clue on this, but ok, I can handle it. I'll be searching those packages on the web, and if I have any doubts or any suggestions to you, I'll be here. Thanks for your advice :D

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
Yeah, Lens need the Google app to work, I've installed it again and the icon comes back whenever I restart my phone, no clue on this, but ok, I can handle it. I'll be searching those packages on the web, and if I have any doubts or any suggestions to you, I'll be here. Thanks for your advice :D
The strange thing is that you can normally disable the Discover panel on other phones (which completely hides the option), but I can't manage to find the option on the PEEM00 (be it in the Google app or the phone's settings).

• Sad
Reactions: Roveri

jemadrid

Aug 10, 2014
Cd. Juarez
1) Introduction
I recently acquired a Find X3 Pro Lensman edition and wanted to share the few tweaks that I operated on it, seeing that some people were also relying on importation for the Find X3 Pro.
As I used ADB to operate the majority of the changes you'll see next, I invite you to follow the XDA guide to install it, or the official Android documentation.

For a quick resume of the command lines that will be used, you can visit this link to have a quick explanation on what they are doing.

Don't forget to activate the dev options and the USB debugging before throwing yourself in the debloating process (also know that ColorOS might deactivate by itself for security reasons, so you might have to reactivate it from time to time, but after some reactivation, ColorOS will let it stay, strange behavior, but be aware that it can happen).

2) Debloat list
Code:

com.heytap.music
com.heytap.yoli
com.finshell.wallet
com.oplus.pay
com.heytap.browser
com.coloros.calendar
com.android.contacts
com.iflytek.speechsuite
com.opos.ads
com.oplus.cosa

com.android.mms * (setting another default SMS/MMS app will result in warning prompts everytime you try to send something with the replacement app, to reinstall it, use the following command:
Code:
)

com.coloros.ocrscanner
com.coloros.directui
com.heytap.speechassist

Don't forget to install replacement apps for contacts, phone, SMS and browser. 🙂

You can uninstall most other of the OPPO proprietary apps or CN bloat apps with a basic uninstallation directly performed from your smartphone, and most of them are restorable through ColorOS (Parameters > Apps > Restore deleted system apps) if you realize you've done something wrong.

From my personal experience, the PEEM00 units cannot use a third-party launcher consistently, even when set up through ADB. I tried to add various launchers (Nova, Nothing, Lawnchair 2, etc.), but they never appeared in the default launcher selection list. I managed to trick the system with
Code:
, but Nova wasn't able to fully take over and the "back home" gesture was alternating between ColorOS launcher and Nova.
I've thought about unlocking the bootloader to push Nova (or any other launcher) as a system app, but it might be an overkill solution.

OPPO is having a very angry "energy management" process, so you'll need to manually change the optimisation for the apps you want to persist in the background (personally, I changed pretty much everything to "Always ask"). You'll find the app list in Battery > Advanced parameters > Optimize battery usage.

If you want to deactivate the use of 5G bands and only use 4G+ and lower bands, you'll have to select the corresponding optimization recommendation in Settings > Battery > * recommended optimizations (top banner) > Disable 5G.

To add Google services, you'll have to load the Play Store with the com.android.vending package. You'll find it easily across the web, just make sure you download it from a trusted provider (I installed mine from APK Mirror).

OPPO doesn't seem to have released the sources for the Find X3 Pro to this day, which is a little disappointing, as I'd really like to see crDroid on it, but the smartphone in itself is quite enjoyable to use as is (moreover, the microscope lens wouldn't be usable this easily, as the OnePlus 9 Pro camera app is already requiring proprietary packages and vending folders to work properly, and it seems to use the same requirements and system packages as its OPPO brother).

To easily find the packages names, I highly recommend using Solid Explorer to check the system apps list directly on the Find X3 Pro while you debloat through your terminal on the side.

I'll surely edit this post as I find new items to add, modify, etc. Feel free to suggest your own modifications, I'll gladly look into it.

Redacted under update PEEM00FLU_11_C.08, some details might change depending on your own version (available packages, paths, etc.).

Edit 1 (22/06/2022) : added some packages in the debloat list and separated the Breeno (CN voice assistant) related ones from the general ones.

Edit 2 (26/06/2022) : added more packages and reinstalled com.android.mms, added a few tips.
I removed most of the recomended list, but now there is an issue with calls, people I'm calling can't hear me some times and need to make the call again, normally second time I call they can hear me. do you know if any of the removed applications can cause this?

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
I removed most of the recomended list, but now there is an issue with calls, people I'm calling can't hear me some times and need to make the call again, normally second time I call they can hear me. do you know if any of the removed applications can cause this?
Never experienced such issue, sorry. 😕

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
Did you actually try doing it? Cos the unlock device option doesn't really do anything. I selected it but when I try to unlock it it doesn't work.
I'll surely give it a try by the end of the week, as the kernel's source for the PEEM00 should get released soon (if the OPPO-source owner told me the truth). Count on me to tell you as soon as I can.

oh ok also can u please guide to where to start to build own rom previously i have expereince of installing custom rom and custom recovery but not actually making it also i have seen some guides and videos but they saying i need 300 gb of space is it true or is there any alternative i really want to try this i have programming experience

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) Introduction

2) Debloat list
    Code:

com.heytap.music
    com.heytap.yoli
    com.finshell.wallet
    com.oplus.pay
    com.heytap.browser
    com.coloros.calendar
    com.android.contacts
    com.iflytek.speechsuite
    com.opos.ads
    com.oplus.cosa

Code:
    )

com.coloros.ocrscanner
    com.coloros.directui
    com.heytap.speechassist

Code:

Thanks for this. will try debloating my PEEM00

View attachment 5649423
    With china oppo phone from Find x2, you need acess dept test and wait 1 month from Oppo review before unlock bootloader. Current only effect on android 11. Oppo china said wait for android 12
    Greetings from PR. What s the status about bootloader??? can be unlock or dont??? Thanks

As of yet no method to unlock the bootloader exists.

If ever a method is discovered it will likely be applicable to a number of Oppo/Realme devices as such I created a thread to try and pool knowledge and resources on the subject.

If you are interested in checking it out here is the link:

There is not much on there though that gives much hope that this can be acheived any time soon if ever.