Search This thread
Jul 5, 2020
Greetings XDA and Redmi Fans.
Especially those who got annoyed by receiving a new Redmi unit WITHOUT the MIUI Second Space [ MIUI SS ] feature (along with few others) being taken down.
[ NOTE: NOT EVERY UNITS. SOME DO COME WITH THESE FEATURES AS NORMAL ]

Seeking help to debloat all users for a safe and clean setup. TYVM in advance.
Also providing details of the process I went so far for those who might find it helpful.

PROCESS
Stumbling on ACTIVITY LAUNCHER after weeks research, it saved me from returning my RN 11. (guess i'm not a techy)
Although maybe not completely, it gave me back the hidden Second Space, Dual Apps, etc
Even threw me ONE Multiple User [ MU ] as a bonus (Max users : 3. Including Owner User and Second Space ) along with a convenient MU Homescreen Shortcut without having to toggle off "Turn on MIIUI Optimization" (after tapping "Reset to Default Values" because even that was hidden) which didn't give the best UI experience in some nook and corner. (Would be interesting to see what all gets UN-Optimized turning it off)

Next>
1) Used Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools v 7.0.3 by Szaki ( SDK Platform Tools v33.0.0-8141338 ) to Debloat Main/Owner User (prior activating any other spaces, also because I was observing the OTHER storage in STORAGE)
2) Activated MU and added one user with it. Unfortunately unable to add fingerprint for MU Fingerprint access
3) Activated MIUI SS. Added Fingerprint and Tested access to MIUI SS successfully.
4) Used same ADB Tool to Debloat the "Second Space" under the "App Manager" Menu and surprisingly, or not, it was the MU a/c that got Debloated instead of MIUI SS

Apparently the ADB TOOL only detects the MU a/c to be the MIUI SS instead.
Or the MU got registered as the MIUI SS of the system/phone, as it was ACTUALLY the 2ND space that was created.
But if so, I am still able to access the MIUI SS with fingerprint unlike the MU a/c, for which i'll have to use the MU Home Screen Shortcut (of ACTIVITY LAUNCHER)

*phew!*

PROBLEM
EITHER WAY,
I would appreciate if someone could help me to:

1) debloat the MIUI SS.
2) enable Developer Options on MIUI SS / possibly all spaces.
3) reclaim the MIUI 13 Features that are hidden for some REDMI units
4) use at least 3 safe secure Debloated Accounts / Spaces with Direct Fingerprint Access from lock screen.

OTHER ATTEMPTS
a) Tried ADB shell from PC with platform-tools_r33.0.0-windows with Error Failure [ Not Installed for 0 ] for following commands

pm uninstall --user 0 packagename
pm uninstall --user 1 packagename
pm uninstall --user 2 packagename
pm uninstall --user 3 packagename

pm uninstall -k --user 0 packagename

b) Tried wireless ADB method from MIUI SS with LADB app. Error : Failure [ Not Installed for 0 ] for the same above commands

As tapping Build # to Enable Developer Options does not work in MIUI SS , i worked around that by

1) Plugging phone to PC with USB cable
2) Tapping the Floating Notification for "USB debugging is on" which pops up the hidden Developer Options
[ NOTE: Although Wireless Debugging was still connected even after disconnecting the USB cable, I executed the commands while still connected. Also tried a few times by after unplugging. Still same Error ]

3) ALSO the Split Screen Shortcut app had to be installed as that was too not available anymore.
The Split screen window by long pressing apps on recent menu was so convenient.
This is to note down the Port and Pairing code on LADB app simultaneously as it seems to change every time I switch the app.
And then Enabling Wireless Debugging as usual. Entering Port and Pairing code obtained from Developer Options into LADB app.

IMG_20220305_124241[1].jpg
IMG_20220305_124018.jpg
IMG_20220305_125427[1].jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-05-13-09-38-657_bg.projectoria.appinspector[1].jpg

WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_123303.jpg
    IMG_20220305_123303.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220305_125427[1].jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: b00b

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@FabCravateNoire

Hello, just wanted to ask if you like me to move your thread to

Maybe it gets better attention there?

Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Jul 5, 2020
Tried best not to post in the wrong place.
Sure please do move. Or please guide to how to. Also I would appreciate if you can tell me how to create a HOW TO ... thread ? Is it ?
Sorry not yet XDA savvy. And TYVM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings XDA and Redmi Fans.
    Especially those who got annoyed by receiving a new Redmi unit WITHOUT the MIUI Second Space [ MIUI SS ] feature (along with few others) being taken down.
    [ NOTE: NOT EVERY UNITS. SOME DO COME WITH THESE FEATURES AS NORMAL ]

Seeking help to debloat all users for a safe and clean setup. TYVM in advance.
    Also providing details of the process I went so far for those who might find it helpful.

PROCESS
    Stumbling on ACTIVITY LAUNCHER after weeks research, it saved me from returning my RN 11. (guess i'm not a techy)
    Although maybe not completely, it gave me back the hidden Second Space, Dual Apps, etc
    Even threw me ONE Multiple User [ MU ] as a bonus (Max users : 3. Including Owner User and Second Space ) along with a convenient MU Homescreen Shortcut without having to toggle off "Turn on MIIUI Optimization" (after tapping "Reset to Default Values" because even that was hidden) which didn't give the best UI experience in some nook and corner. (Would be interesting to see what all gets UN-Optimized turning it off)

Next>
    1) Used Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools v 7.0.3 by Szaki ( SDK Platform Tools v33.0.0-8141338 ) to Debloat Main/Owner User (prior activating any other spaces, also because I was observing the OTHER storage in STORAGE)
    2) Activated MU and added one user with it. Unfortunately unable to add fingerprint for MU Fingerprint access
    3) Activated MIUI SS. Added Fingerprint and Tested access to MIUI SS successfully.
    4) Used same ADB Tool to Debloat the "Second Space" under the "App Manager" Menu and surprisingly, or not, it was the MU a/c that got Debloated instead of MIUI SS

Apparently the ADB TOOL only detects the MU a/c to be the MIUI SS instead.
    Or the MU got registered as the MIUI SS of the system/phone, as it was ACTUALLY the 2ND space that was created.
    But if so, I am still able to access the MIUI SS with fingerprint unlike the MU a/c, for which i'll have to use the MU Home Screen Shortcut (of ACTIVITY LAUNCHER)

*phew!*

PROBLEM
    EITHER WAY,
    I would appreciate if someone could help me to:

1) debloat the MIUI SS.
    2) enable Developer Options on MIUI SS / possibly all spaces.
    3) reclaim the MIUI 13 Features that are hidden for some REDMI units
    4) use at least 3 safe secure Debloated Accounts / Spaces with Direct Fingerprint Access from lock screen.

OTHER ATTEMPTS
    a) Tried ADB shell from PC with platform-tools_r33.0.0-windows with Error Failure [ Not Installed for 0 ] for following commands

pm uninstall --user 0 packagename
    pm uninstall --user 1 packagename
    pm uninstall --user 2 packagename
    pm uninstall --user 3 packagename

b) Tried wireless ADB method from MIUI SS with LADB app. Error : Failure [ Not Installed for 0 ] for the same above commands

As tapping Build # to Enable Developer Options does not work in MIUI SS , i worked around that by

1) Plugging phone to PC with USB cable
    2) Tapping the Floating Notification for "USB debugging is on" which pops up the hidden Developer Options
    [ NOTE: Although Wireless Debugging was still connected even after disconnecting the USB cable, I executed the commands while still connected. Also tried a few times by after unplugging. Still same Error ]

3) ALSO the Split Screen Shortcut app had to be installed as that was too not available anymore.
    The Split screen window by long pressing apps on recent menu was so convenient.
    This is to note down the Port and Pairing code on LADB app simultaneously as it seems to change every time I switch the app.
    And then Enabling Wireless Debugging as usual. Entering Port and Pairing code obtained from Developer Options into LADB app.

IMG_20220305_124241[1].jpg
    IMG_20220305_124018.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-05-13-09-38-657_bg.projectoria.appinspector[1].jpg

WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH