Question Debloated stock firmware/rom

Search This thread

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
Does anyone know of a stock miui rom for the Spes that has been debloated of ads and other crap and optimised? Don't mind whether it is a recovery rom or needs to be flashed with fastboot (or miflash).

I'm currently on v13 Android 11 the global version, quite happy to remain on that.

Can someone provide a link to the rom?

Thanks.

Microsheepcl

Sep 7, 2022
I have tested a lot of roms, and in the end I installed the official one and removed software through adb, today I don't have any bugs or strange problems, besides that I can use the camera in its entirety. I got bored with the custom ones, some games don't run, others are terrible and at the moment there is no fix for this.

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
I have tested a lot of roms, and in the end I installed the official one and removed software through adb, today I don't have any bugs or strange problems, besides that I can use the camera in its entirety. I got bored with the custom ones, some games don't run, others are terrible and at the moment there is no fix for this.
Ditto, I always appreciate the custom roms and appreciate the efforts developers go to because there are a lot on here that do nothing but complain about custom roms, however I think I'd prefer a stable daily driver. There is no sign of the kernel source being released which would be a big help for the devs.

I've just finished flashing the stock rom and will go about debloating. There are a number of "safe to remove" lists for miui roms so I will get to work.

Thanks the replies guys.

Ditto, I always appreciate the custom roms and appreciate the efforts developers go to because there are a lot on here that do nothing but complain about custom roms, however I think I'd prefer a stable daily driver. There is no sign of the kernel source being released which would be a big help for the devs.

I've just finished flashing the stock rom and will go about debloating. There are a number of "safe to remove" lists for miui roms so I will get to work.

Thanks the replies guys.
Hi, may I ask how did you flashed stock ROM? I recently tried to flash 13.0.5 A12 on mine through TWRP, it probably refuses to boot because after the ROM has finished flashing I flashed TWRP next. I also know the fastboot + miflash method but everytime I do it, it gives me anti rollback check error

maritimesbob

Oct 16, 2012
Cornwall
I downloaded the miui.eu rom which is debloated and allegedly more optimised. I went back A11 the same as I had before I unlocked my bootloader. I flashed the fastboot version and used the bat script inside the zip to flash it.

Microsheepcl

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, may I ask how did you flashed stock ROM? I recently tried to flash 13.0.5 A12 on mine through TWRP, it probably refuses to boot because after the ROM has finished flashing I flashed TWRP next. I also know the fastboot + miflash method but everytime I do it, it gives me anti rollback check error
Ok, that's strange, it shouldn't give an antirollback error when you have the same version of android and miui.

Try again with myflash

But surely when flashing the official rom by twrp you damaged something, if I remember correctly the twrp of spes does not have support for flashing a stock rom, even less if it goes as an update.

Anyway, if you want to make your rom boot, try taking the boot.img out of the fastboot rom and flashing that boot.img to your phone and see if it boots.

Ok, that's strange, it shouldn't give an antirollback error when you have the same version of android and miui.

Try again with myflash

But surely when flashing the official rom by twrp you damaged something, if I remember correctly the twrp of spes does not have support for flashing a stock rom, even less if it goes as an update.

Anyway, if you want to make your rom boot, try taking the boot.img out of the fastboot rom and flashing that boot.img to your phone and see if it boots.
My first guess was that it was because at that time I was on an Android 13-based custom ROM (Pixel Experience Plus 13 and CrDroid 9.0), but I was proven wrong after I flashed PE+12 shortly before trying MiFlash. Because it gave me the same error (Anti-rollback check)

Oh, I actually tried the flash-stock-ROM-via-TWRP method after I tried MiFlash method, so I doubt that's the issue. But all I can say is a few days ago I flashed 13.0.5 A12 firmware (latest at the time of writing), so could that be that issue?

I might wanna try what you said, thanks for the suggestion. But for now, I'm on EU and may stay for a few months

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
My first guess was that it was because at that time I was on an Android 13-based custom ROM (Pixel Experience Plus 13 and CrDroid 9.0), but I was proven wrong after I flashed PE+12 shortly before trying MiFlash. Because it gave me the same error (Anti-rollback check)

Oh, I actually tried the flash-stock-ROM-via-TWRP method after I tried MiFlash method, so I doubt that's the issue. But all I can say is a few days ago I flashed 13.0.5 A12 firmware (latest at the time of writing), so could that be that issue?

I might wanna try what you said, thanks for the suggestion. But for now, I'm on EU and may stay for a few months
Always that I need as a base a stock ROM flashed, I "simply" use the fastboot commands that are inside the ROM, I open my ADB/fastboot CMD/terminal, and drag and drop the flash_all.bat file while in Windows or the flash_all.sh file while on Linux. This method allows to me, to can follow the process while the scripts are running, and search for issues (if there are some)

As per the TWRP flashing the stock ROM, it worked fine too. You just need to flash the ROM, then boot to recovery once, you'll find the stock one, then format data from it, then you are ready, either to go straight to system, or if you prefer have TWRP (or any custom recovery), go to fastboot and follow the method to boot to, and then flash it permanently to the ramdisk.