[DEBRAND] [CONVERSION] Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to European FW

TheDarkKnightSM

Jan 1, 2018
Juarez
In the device manager 9008 appears but with an exclamation mark and in the program it continues to appear n / a. and tried with debugging mode on and off and nothing AND yes It has ADB perm
You have to disable in Windows an option called "Disable Mandatory use of unsigned drivers" This is how to remove the sign of! And it will work without problems, this happens because the Qualcomm 9008 drivers are not digitally signed for the new versions

Der Oheip

Apr 23, 2018
Thank you so much!! I bought it because it was cheap and did not think much of it. But when I noticed the OEM Unlocking was greyed out, I knew something was wrong. Luckily I found this amazing thread and I was able, after two days of troubleshooting, to get it to work. Currently doing the OTA update. Without you and this thread, I'd be having a really bad time right now so thank you for making my life better :). May you have a great day!

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
Hi I was wondering if these L2 Drivers are made specifically for this MSM tool, or are they just the latest L2 drivers from OnePlus? Do they have any difference with regular OnePlus 7 Pro drivers, like are they only for the 7Pro 5G sprint variant?

It might be causing some kind of issues, try using the official MSM tool here to downgrade to Pie first:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261604268
In conjunction with my question above, are the drivers compatible with this downgrade to pie MSM + the Debrand conversion MSM? Also, I think I stopped getting Sahara failure after updating with your L2 drivers, but right now, it keeps getting stuck at the Param preload. As mentioned, Im using the drivers you provided and am not sure what's wrong. My OS is still on android 10 since I couldnt make the downgrade to pie MSM work with these drivers. I tried different computers, just not in a USB 2.0 port since all my ports are 3.0+, dam you progress! Did anyone found it to work after switching to a 2.0 port?

Forgot to mention I dont have driver verification disabled since I wasnt familiar with disabling secure boot since it looked more complicated than the guide on my com. But Im not sure if that'll make a difference.

Again, will be glad if anyone can help. Kinda frustrated cause I dont feel like using my phone until after I sort this out.

megafan

Jan 24, 2013
Hi I was wondering if these L2 Drivers are made specifically for this MSM tool, or are they just the latest L2 drivers from OnePlus? Do they have any difference with regular OnePlus 7 Pro drivers, like are they only for the 7Pro 5G sprint variant?

In conjunction with my question above, are the drivers compatible with this downgrade to pie MSM + the Debrand conversion MSM? Also, I think I stopped getting Sahara failure after updating with your L2 drivers, but right now, it keeps getting stuck at the Param preload. As mentioned, Im using the drivers you provided and am not sure what's wrong. My OS is still on android 10 since I couldnt make the downgrade to pie MSM work with these drivers. I tried different computers, just not in a USB 2.0 port since all my ports are 3.0+, dam you progress! Did anyone found it to work after switching to a 2.0 port?

Forgot to mention I dont have driver verification disabled since I wasnt familiar with disabling secure boot since it looked more complicated than the guide on my com. But Im not sure if that'll make a difference.

Again, will be glad if anyone can help. Kinda frustrated cause I dont feel like using my phone until after I sort this out.
I was having the same problem, first it was sahara failure, I updated drivers and than it was param preload, than I tried different usb port ( on an old computer with all usb ports 2.0, and Win 7) and it was OK, now the phone works normally with EU firmware.
Big thanks for OP!

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
I was having the same problem, first it was sahara failure, I updated drivers and than it was param preload, than I tried different usb port ( on an old computer with all usb ports 2.0, and Win 7) and it was OK, now the phone works normally with EU firmware.
Big thanks for OP!
That sounds reassuring, gotta try that out and see what happens. May I check with you if you were using the L2 drivers provided by Whoareyou? And did you downgrade to PIE first, or just jumped to the EU firmware flash?

megafan

Jan 24, 2013
That sounds reassuring, gotta try that out and see what happens. May I check with you if you were using the L2 drivers provided by Whoareyou? And did you downgrade to PIE first, or just jumped to the EU firmware flash?
I was using the L2 drivers provided by Whoareyou, and phone was on latest Q.

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
I was using the L2 drivers provided by Whoareyou, and phone was on latest Q.
These L2 Drivers that I quoted right?

And what do you mean by on latest Q? I tried searching quick on Google and it says it's an ANroid A developr mode? I mean for what it's worth my phone is on developer mode and has USB debugging enabled, but Im not sure what's "latest Q"? Please do let me know as Im trying to finish this haha

megafan

Jan 24, 2013
These L2 Drivers that I quoted right?

And what do you mean by on latest Q? I tried searching quick on Google and it says it's an ANroid A developr mode? I mean for what it's worth my phone is on developer mode and has USB debugging enabled, but Im not sure what's "latest Q"? Please do let me know as Im trying to finish this haha
Latest Q means Android 10 last update, and drivers are from the link in OP.

i'm.god

Mar 20, 2020
To install a 7 Pro (non-5G) ROM on the 7 Pro 5G:

Use this tool to extract the payload.bin from inside the rom.zip, use fastboot to manually flash each image

https://github.com/cyxx/extract_android_ota_payload

• fastboot -w flash system system.img
  • fastboot flash vendor_b(/a) vendor.img
  • fastboot flash dtbo_b(/a) dtbo.img
  • fastboot flash boot_b(/a) boot.img
  • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmera_b(/a) vbmeta.img
  • fastboot boot twrp.img
  • Mount /system and /vendor IN TWRP
  • adb pull /system/system/build.prop build.prop.system
  • adb pull /vendor/build.prop build.prop.vendor
  • Open each build.prop and change this line in both or whichever it appears:
  • Code:
    persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
    to
  • Code:
    persist.radio.multisim.config=ssss
  • adb push build.prop.system /system/system/build.prop
  • adb push build.prop.vendor /vendor/build.prop
  • flash twrp from: https://dl.twrp.me/guacamole/twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip.html
  • Reboot

Can't give you a 100% guarantee that every ROM will boot or function properly, but that is how I got Lineage 16 going somewhat well.
[/QU

I have a Sim Locked OP 7 Pro5G from Sprint. Would this process allow me to use with non-Sprint sims or like T-Mobile?

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
Latest Q means Android 10 last update, and drivers are from the link in OP.
Thanks for your replies. I tried it with a 2.0 USB prot and like you said it worked instantly!

For anyone that's still struggling, if you keep seeing N/A under the status in MSM tool, it basically means the tool isnt detecting your phone. So if you see:
1. Sahara failed communication/ errors, remember to update to these^ drivers.
2. Param preload failure, it's likely that you need a 2.0 USB port. As I had kept having issues with a 3.0 port but it worked instantly with a 2.0 port. Didn't need to downgrade to Android PIE.
3. And if you're not familiar with how it works, remember that your phone must be in EDL mode when plugged into the computer, basically follow the instructions on the 1st page.
But for clarification EDL mode = phone turned off, holding volume up + down together and plugging into your computer through USB.
Then, it has to show as "HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode" under "ports" in device manager so MSM tool is detecting your phone in EDL mode.

alanrochasmx

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for your replies. I tried it with a 2.0 USB prot and like you said it worked instantly!

For anyone that's still struggling, if you keep seeing N/A under the status in MSM tool, it basically means the tool isnt detecting your phone. So if you see:
1. Sahara failed communication/ errors, remember to update to these^ drivers.
2. Param preload failure, it's likely that you need a 2.0 USB port. As I had kept having issues with a 3.0 port but it worked instantly with a 2.0 port. Didn't need to downgrade to Android PIE.
3. And if you're not familiar with how it works, remember that your phone must be in EDL mode when plugged into the computer, basically follow the instructions on the 1st page.
But for clarification EDL mode = phone turned off, holding volume up + down together and plugging into your computer through USB.
Then, it has to show as "HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode" under "ports" in device manager so MSM tool is detecting your phone in EDL mode.
I appreciate the comments and support as well as the explanation of the errors.

In my case, I have tried two different Windows computers and I have not been able to carry out the process since both only have USB 3.0 and it is difficult for me to find another Windows computer since the whole family uses Apple. If there was a way to run with a USB 3.0 port and not stay in Param preload failure someone to share it, I use windows 10 and I'm really getting tired of depending on the software so out of date that Sprint offers; I have had all the Oneplus equipment and I sold my OP7T to get it and take away the desire to have it but it is the ugliest oneplus I have had for the simple fact that the updates depend on a mobile operator.

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
I appreciate the comments and support as well as the explanation of the errors.

In my case, I have tried two different Windows computers and I have not been able to carry out the process since both only have USB 3.0 and it is difficult for me to find another Windows computer since the whole family uses Apple. If there was a way to run with a USB 3.0 port and not stay in Param preload failure someone to share it, I use windows 10 and I'm really getting tired of depending on the software so out of date that Sprint offers; I have had all the Oneplus equipment and I sold my OP7T to get it and take away the desire to have it but it is the ugliest oneplus I have had for the simple fact that the updates depend on a mobile operator.
Sorry to hear that. You can still check if your USB ports are actually 3.0. Cause when i tried on a different laptop, it says that all my ports were 3.0 in "Device Manager." But on the official site, it says my model does include a 2.0 port. Upon inspection, the USB ports that have "SS" (stands for Super Speed) and a USB symbol (looks like a pitchfork) represents a 3.0; however, if it doesn't have the "SS," it's just a 2.0. So, I gave it a shot and it worked, proving that it was a 2.0 because it has a USB symbol without the "SS" despite the contradicting information in the "Device Manager."

You can also even try putting all the programs into a flashdrive and just head to your nearest library/ whatever place that offers a computer. Cause at least for me,it really just needs a 2.0 port.

alanrochasmx

Sep 21, 2017
Sorry to hear that. You can still check if your USB ports are actually 3.0. Cause when i tried on a different laptop, it says that all my ports were 3.0 in "Device Manager." But on the official site, it says my model does include a 2.0 port. Upon inspection, the USB ports that have "SS" (stands for Super Speed) and a USB symbol (looks like a pitchfork) represents a 3.0; however, if it doesn't have the "SS," it's just a 2.0. So, I gave it a shot and it worked, proving that it was a 2.0 because it has a USB symbol without the "SS" despite the contradicting information in the "Device Manager."

You can also even try putting all the programs into a flashdrive and just head to your nearest library/ whatever place that offers a computer. Cause at least for me,it really just needs a 2.0 port.
Thanks for the help, yesterday I went to an internet cafe and asked for a computer with USB 2.0. I did the whole process on two different computers. It got stuck in param preload; I tried almost 5 USB ports 2.0 on 2 dif computers and only one started to run fine and after a few minutes I returned to param preload. I am quite tired with this 7 pro 5G GM1925 and it is my work tool, I prefer to put it up for sale in the future and with a saving make me another phone. But thanks for the help!

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for the help, yesterday I went to an internet cafe and asked for a computer with USB 2.0. I did the whole process on two different computers. It got stuck in param preload; I tried almost 5 USB ports 2.0 on 2 dif computers and only one started to run fine and after a few minutes I returned to param preload. I am quite tired with this 7 pro 5G GM1925 and it is my work tool, I prefer to put it up for sale in the future and with a saving make me another phone. But thanks for the help!
Sorry to hear that man. I hope you dont give up yet and give it a shot on other computers. Cause I went through quite a lot of trouble too before getting it to work, which is why Im pretty convinced that it's the USB 2.0 port that makes the difference. If not, all the best with your next phone in the future!

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020
I forgot to ask previously if anyone is familiar if this conversion will allow me to get updates from OnePlus directly automatically? So for example if I want to update android OS from 10 to 10.1, will it automatically update when I tap the"System update" on my device, or will I have to manually install every update?

Der Oheip

Apr 23, 2018
I managed to convert after a while and now using it on the latest 10.0.8 I think and on the T-Mobile network. This phone (Sprint GM1925) initially supported 5G in the form of n41. I haven't picked up any n41 on the T-Mobile network yet even though the modem firmware is supposed to be "unified" on Android 10. Is possible to get n41 to work on the European Firmware?

GiSS88

Oct 27, 2011
I managed to convert after a while and now using it on the latest 10.0.8 I think and on the T-Mobile network. This phone (Sprint GM1925) initially supported 5G in the form of n41. I haven't picked up any n41 on the T-Mobile network yet even though the modem firmware is supposed to be "unified" on Android 10. Is possible to get n41 to work on the European Firmware?
I bought a phone pre converted to T-Mobile, but it's missing features like switches for voice over WiFi and such. I assume you followed the guide to go back to Sprint stock, then what international update/files did you use? Looking to just be as close to stock/no carrier as possible, but don't need root or anything.

wilk3ns

Jan 8, 2014
Baku
Woah, that's way more work than is needed.
It's just a simple text edit and then run an sh file and then edit the build prop to turn off dual SIM after it's been booted.

Edit metadata to

pre-device=OnePlus7ProNR

It'll flash

Change dsds to ssss in vendor/build.prop
The problem is people are not getting signal anymore. Is that solves the problem? And will this work for other custom ROMs?