• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DEBRAND] [CONVERSION] Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to European FW

Search This thread

ZxYnWav

Sep 7, 2020
I have flashed both Resurrection Remix and HavocOS to my phone, but in both roms I get no cell service or data, sometimes my sim isn't even detected at all, and in HavocOS my IMEI went blank a few times. When I go to mobile network settings in both roms, the app freezes. When I used *#*#4636#*#* the phone information tab was completely blank. I use a Verizon sim card and it works perfectly fine in stock OOS, but I was wondering if anyone found a workaround for the cell signal issue in custom roms. Backing up the apns-conf.xml file and restoring it has no effect, and restoring the modem and efs in TWRP doesn't work either.

xHayashi

Oct 26, 2020

Hi, I think I saw you commenting on this thread some months ago about custom ROMs too, right? Im trying to install a custom ROM to degoogle myself, but Im have some questions before doing so. I tried searching for some answers but there doesnt seem to be any custom roms that are supporting the GM 1925 variant even now :(

I was wondering after you install a custom ROM, do you lose dual sim functionality? Cause from what I know, this debrand to EU firmware essentially restores dual sim functionality from what I've read (but I havent tried it). Hence do normal 7 Pros (non-sprint/ t mobile) lose their dual sim functionality after installing a custom ROM, or is this solely a GM 1925 issue?

In addition, I also wanted to try out Lineage OS 17but I heard from OP that he didnt get it to work and Lineage OS 16freeze from time to time. Do you have any issues with Lineage OS if you've tried it?

Thanks in advance

abrarabbu

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
Help on Converting Oneplus Indian to Global

I recently purchased oneplus and it turned out to be indian version.

Can someone guide me on converting oneplus indian version to global version.

I am not rooted and would keep it this way.
Reason for conversion is to remove Login to Oneplus from settings. Its very annoying. I trying flashing update file from oneplus canada and it still did not remove this.

Thank you

Poppabradj

May 24, 2012
Ottawa
i have a reband OnePlus 7 Pro 5G ( GM1925 ) running on Build 10.0.9 .... I would like to test the Android 11 Beta test build ... or install custom rom .. can anyone direct me please ? I can unlock my bootloader, but not looking to root

Reactions: anovor

n0m1s

Apr 14, 2015
I'm stucked at the ''param preload'' step, used the original cable and proper drivers, and tried differents ports, but it's not working... For those who achived this, can you explain me how please? Thanks!

n0m1s

Apr 14, 2015
I'm stucked at the ''param preload'' step, used the original cable and proper drivers, and tried differents ports, but it's not working... For those who achived this, can you explain me how please? Thanks!

It just worked with another computer!! So happy!

n0m1s

Apr 14, 2015
Anyone can help me, i’m try to using msmdownloadtool, but after i plug phone, msm usually error param preload, and nothing happen..
Do you have the good Qualcomm drivers installed? And if it's stucked at param preload, on my side, I tried another computer and it worked!

Nyaka_wai

Apr 7, 2021
To install a 7 Pro (non-5G) ROM on the 7 Pro 5G:

Use this tool to extract the payload.bin from inside the rom.zip, use fastboot to manually flash each image

https://github.com/cyxx/extract_android_ota_payload

• fastboot -w flash system system.img
  • fastboot flash vendor_b(/a) vendor.img
  • fastboot flash dtbo_b(/a) dtbo.img
  • fastboot flash boot_b(/a) boot.img
  • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmera_b(/a) vbmeta.img
  • fastboot boot twrp.img
  • Mount /system and /vendor IN TWRP
  • adb pull /system/system/build.prop build.prop.system
  • adb pull /vendor/build.prop build.prop.vendor
  • Open each build.prop and change this line in both or whichever it appears:
  • Code:
    persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
    to
  • Code:
    persist.radio.multisim.config=ssss
  • adb push build.prop.system /system/system/build.prop
  • adb push build.prop.vendor /vendor/build.prop
  • flash twrp from: https://dl.twrp.me/guacamole/twrp-installer-3.3.1-4-guacamole.zip.html
  • Reboot

Can't give you a 100% guarantee that every ROM will boot or function properly, but that is how I got Lineage 16 going somewhat well.
Why do we need to change persist.radio.multisim.config from double sim card to single sim card? After all, someone has already written that a 5g device can work with two sim cards with the correct firmware.

TRP25

Apr 23, 2021
Hi there, i have an Pro 7 5G, GM1925 with Android 10 and oxygen: 10.0.7.GM25CC...this procced is still good for me? i want to get rid of Sprint limitations, thats all

TRP25

Apr 23, 2021
i did it but when i get to "download complete" it doesnt do nothing, i try plug it off and it just bricked my phone...i connect it again, repeat the procces and the procces stuck in "download complete" i feel really nervous about it because here in my country these phones are very expensive :(

GiSS88

Oct 27, 2011
Hoping to try this over the weekend, and tried a search but didn't find anything. Will this break Google Pay/safety net/Wear OS functions?

And just to confirm what I did find from searching here, this firmware will work with US Tmobile?

Dec 2, 2016
Hoping to try this over the weekend, and tried a search but didn't find anything. Will this break Google Pay/safety net/Wear OS functions?

And just to confirm what I did find from searching here, this firmware will work with US Tmobile?
Not sure about t-mobile, if you read it tho it probably is correct. I know that I did this like 9 months ago and Ive still been going strong, (Sprint). Nothing has broken on my phone and I'm still able to access all the google features.

Dec 2, 2016
I was wondering if anyone else has gotten the android 11 update. I know its been out for a bit, but its not available for my 5G EU converted phone yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: TRP25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To go back to Sprint stock use this:

Crossflashing to European 5G (GM1920):

Outdated method (REQUIRED BOOTLOADER UNLOCK):

Pie

• (to set APNs on Sprint, go to *#*#4636#*#* and set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" , then set your APNs and reboot.)

Input Sprint APNs:

Name: Sprint LTE
      APN: x.ispsn
      MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
      MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
      MMS port: 80
      APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,ims,cbs,ia
      Protocol/Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Flash this in Magisk to enable VoLTE on Sprint:
      https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/archive/master.zip

If you update to a newer Pie build, you will need to reflash your modem from Sprint, here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5g69dx5q64tibk/modem.img/file

OTA updates are fully functional.

The missing information in "About Phone" is normal and does not affect the function of the phone.

If Sprint is your carrier and you update to 10, you will lose APN access for the time being. (Though, humorously, the modem has been unified as of 10 and doesn't need to be reflashed after 10)

(Not recommend for Sprint users right now, as there are issues with APNs, GSM/NON SPRINT CARRIERS ARE FINE!)

• *Modem has been unified so, you don't need to reflash the Sprint modem after update as of 10.0.4*

Aside from any potential Google SafetyNet updates that break SafetyPatch., this build works perfectly.

"About Phone" is still missing information.

How to flash (applies to conversion and stock restore):

Unlock your bootloader as per:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...otloader-unlock-sprint-oneplus-7-pro-t4042145

Follow these steps in order or you will have to MSM restore to stock and try again

1. Run TWRPadb.bat first
    2. Format Data after the successful flashing of TWRPadb.bat
    3. Reboot bootloader
    4. Run fastbootimages.bat
    5. Reboot

NEW LOCKED BOOTLOADER METHOD: 04/07/2020 (FULL SAFETYNET PASS):

Download the conversion tool HERE
    CONVERSION INSTRUCITONS:

1. Unplug and power off the phone COMPLETELY
    2. Open the MSM download tool
    3. Uncheck SHA256 check
    4. Connect your USB cable to your PC
    5. Hold Volume DOWN and UP at the same time.
    6. While holding those keys, insert the USB.
    7. Keep holding those keys, click 'Enum' in the tool.
    8. Click start.
    9. Wait about 5-10 minutes, setup over Wifi, OTA to 10, PROFIT!

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"][B]*Modem will not work at first, setup over wifi and OTA to Android 10, it has been unified so, you just need to update to 10.0.5*[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [*] Not recommend for Sprint customers right now, as there are issues with APNs.
    [INDENT][INDENT][B][U][COLOR="Red"]**GSM/NON-SPRINT CARRIERS WORK FINE!**[/COLOR][/U][/B][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    [*] "About Phone" is still missing information.
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Q. HELP! I HAVE NO SIGNAL AFTER CROSSFLASH!

A. Connect to wifi and update to Android 10 via OTA.

Q. Can I use a custom ROM built for OnePlus 7 Pro:

A. Not recommend as they have major issues, ROMs are coming!

Q. Can I crossflash to international non 5G and get dual SIM?

A. 
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/port-oxygen-os-beta-oneplus-7-pro-5g-t4075597"]See here for Open Beta 11[/URL]

Credits:

@nickman529
    (Testing and flashing everything I told him to without question, and uploading the flash zips and writing the bats for me because my internet is way too slow)

@mauronofrio (for building us TWRP)

@Some_Random_Username(moral support and lots of OnePlus knowledge)

And lots of others in our test community!

Donations are also welcome, see my signature for way to donate or my PayPal is:
    http://PayPal.me/windows8user
    Aospa incoming soon:
    It went smooth like butter

Using this unlocked Virgin Mobile variant on T-Mobile and the process went beautifully. No signal until the EU ota completed. And 5G works for me as well. Now rooted using the Renovate 12.3 rom and all is good. Thanks for this tool. Honestly this device is way more versatile than other flagships.
    To go back to Sprint stock use this:

Crossfllashing to European 5G (GM1920):

Outdated method (REQUIRED BOOTLOADER UNLOCK):

Pie

• (to set APNs on Sprint, go to *#*#4636#*#* and set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" , then set your APNs and reboot.)

Input Sprint APNs:

Name: Sprint LTE
      APN: x.ispsn
      MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
      MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
      MMS port: 80
      APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,ims,cbs,ia
      Protocol/Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Flash this in Magisk to enable VoLTE on Sprint:
      https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/archive/master.zip

If you update to a newer Pie build, you will need to reflash your modem from Sprint, here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5g69dx5q64tibk/modem.img/file

OTA updates are fully functional.

The missing information in "About Phone" is normal and does not affect the function of the phone.

If Sprint is your carrier and you update to 10, you will lose APN access for the time being. (Though, humorously, the modem has been unified as of 10 and doesn't need to be reflashed after 10)

(Not recommend for Sprint users right now, as there are issues with APNs, GSM/NON SPRINT CARRIERS ARE FINE!)

• *Modem has been unified so, you don't need to reflash the Sprint modem after update as of 10.0.4*

Aside from any potential Google SafetyNet updates that break SafetyPatch., this build works perfectly.

"About Phone" is still missing information.

How to flash (applies to conversion and stock restore):

Unlock your bootloader as per:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...otloader-unlock-sprint-oneplus-7-pro-t4042145

Follow these steps in order or you will have to MSM restore to stock and try again

1. Run TWRPadb.bat first
    2. Format Data after the successful flashing of TWRPadb.bat
    3. Reboot bootloader
    4. Run fastbootimages.bat
    5. Reboot

NEW LOCKED BOOTLOADER METHOD: 04/07/2020 (FULL SAFETYNET PASS):

Download the conversion tool HERE
    CONVERSION INSTRUCITONS:

1. Unplug and power off the phone COMPLETELY
    2. Open the MSM download tool
    3. Connect your USB cable to your PC
    4. Hold Volume DOWN and UP at the same time.
    5. While holding those keys, insert the USB.
    6. Keep holding those keys, click 'Enum' in the tool.
    7. Click start.
    8. Wait about 5-10 minutes, setup over Wifi, OTA to 10, PROFIT!

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"][B]*Modem will not work at first, setup over wifi and OTA to Android 10, it has been unified so, you just need to update to 10.0.5*[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [*] Not recommend for Sprint customers right now, as there are issues with APNs.
    [INDENT][INDENT][B][U][COLOR="Red"]**GSM/NON-SPRINT CARRIERS WORK FINE!**[/COLOR][/U][/B][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    [*] "About Phone" is still missing information.
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Q. HELP! I HAVE NO SIGNAL AFTER CROSSFLASH!

A. Connect to wifi and update to Android 10 via OTA.

Q. Can I use a custom ROM built for OnePlus 7 Pro:

A. Not recommend as they have major issues, wait for AOSPA or other dedicated 5G ROMs to be released. They are coming.

Q. Can I crossflash to international non 5G and get dual SIM?

A. 
    So far my experience with cross flashing to the international 10 ROM has not been a positive one, when it done successfully boot, I am typically left without touch, or mobile radio function.

Credits:

@nickman529
    (Testing and flashing everything I told him to without question, and uploading the flash zips and writing the bats for me because my internet is way too slow)

@mauronofrio (for building us TWRP)

@Some_Random_Username(moral support and lots of OnePlus knowledge)

And lots of others in our test community!

Donations are also welcome, see my signature for way to donate or my PayPal is:
    http://PayPal.me/windows8user

Update 04/07/2020:
    New method discovered for conversion while remaining bootloader locked (full safetynet pass)