• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[DEBRAND] [CONVERSION] Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to European FW

Search This thread

anovor

Nov 25, 2019
i have a reband OnePlus 7 Pro 5G ( GM1925 ) running on Build 10.0.9 .... I would like to test the Android 11 Beta test build ... or install custom rom .. can anyone direct me please ? I can unlock my bootloader, but not looking to root
are you facing any kinda problem ?

tc0566

Oct 30, 2012
Would love to know how this phone is being used on T-Mobile. I have a sim unlocked Sprint GM1925 and T-Mobile says it is incompatible and will not activate on their service.

Why do we need to change persist.radio.multisim.config from double sim card to single sim card? After all, someone has already written that a 5g device can work with two sim cards with the correct firmware.
There isn't dual sim working on the device. People have tried just simply changing ssss to dsds and it doesn't work. Custom roms also need to be ported in such way or the modem breaks.
I was wondering if anyone else has gotten the android 11 update. I know its been out for a bit, but its not available for my 5G EU converted phone yet. Anyone else have this problem?
Android 11 isn't out yet but should be in a couple months
I'm using a GM1925 will there be any problem if I use this?
You shouldn't have problems if you follow the instructions and have the right drivers.

(Sorry for the late response)

Last edited:

iloy10

Jun 23, 2021
Hi, i have a question, i have a OP 7 Pro GM1925, if i make this process i could be unlock the double sim in my phone?, i miss this function of the xiaomi phones, and i was investigating and my phone supports the dual sim. I would appreciate i someone could solve my question.

Hi, i have a question, i have a OP 7 Pro GM1925, if i make this process i could be unlock the double sim in my phone?, i miss this function of the xiaomi phones, and i was investigating and my phone supports the dual sim. I would appreciate i someone could solve my question.
The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G doesn't support dual sim and probably never will. It's been almost 2 years since the device came out and we haven't found a way to enable it.

I am just reading through here now since I just picked up a refurbed phone and I would really like some confirmation on this. If you can please clarify whether or not this works on the Sprint 1925 version with TWRP installed as I would really like to get off the stock rom and open up the device to other rom exploration. Your instructions related to this so far stated:

"Edit metadata to

pre-device=OnePlus7ProNR

It'll flash

Change dsds to ssss in vendor/build.prop

Extract 'rotation.zip' files to storage then place in root with file explorer in recovery.

Then run sh s.sh in terminal in recovery"

I am assuming that this is required to flash the modem on the device, but this process seems somewhat hazy to me. Can we flash any rom, then do the above to reinstall the 5g modem drivers? Can anyone add a bit more details to above description? Does this only work after flashing the European rom, or does it work just having the bootloader unlocked with twrp? Is there any other particular clarification required to truly liberate this device?

Decided to check back in and see if there was any updates here. Thanks for the info. How do you find this stuff out? I can never seem to find it. I feel like our 5g EU variants have been left in the dust :(, the OP7pro is already on like 11.0.8 or something
I've done extensive digging on XDA, Reddit and on Telegram. I'm betting it'll get it later this month (probably not) or in September because the device has bimonthly updates.

I don't think it'll be this month because OOS 11 is still hella buggy for the 7 Pro and on my 7 Pro has battery drain and had the resizing bug. My 7 Pro 5G on OOS 10.0.12 is really stable though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To go back to Sprint stock use this:

Crossflashing to European 5G (GM1920):

Outdated method (REQUIRED BOOTLOADER UNLOCK):

Pie

• (to set APNs on Sprint, go to *#*#4636#*#* and set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" , then set your APNs and reboot.)

Input Sprint APNs:

Name: Sprint LTE
      APN: x.ispsn
      MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
      MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
      MMS port: 80
      APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,ims,cbs,ia
      Protocol/Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Flash this in Magisk to enable VoLTE on Sprint:
      https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/archive/master.zip

If you update to a newer Pie build, you will need to reflash your modem from Sprint, here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5g69dx5q64tibk/modem.img/file

OTA updates are fully functional.

The missing information in "About Phone" is normal and does not affect the function of the phone.

If Sprint is your carrier and you update to 10, you will lose APN access for the time being. (Though, humorously, the modem has been unified as of 10 and doesn't need to be reflashed after 10)

(Not recommend for Sprint users right now, as there are issues with APNs, GSM/NON SPRINT CARRIERS ARE FINE!)

• *Modem has been unified so, you don't need to reflash the Sprint modem after update as of 10.0.4*

Aside from any potential Google SafetyNet updates that break SafetyPatch., this build works perfectly.

"About Phone" is still missing information.

How to flash (applies to conversion and stock restore):

Unlock your bootloader as per:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...otloader-unlock-sprint-oneplus-7-pro-t4042145

Follow these steps in order or you will have to MSM restore to stock and try again

1. Run TWRPadb.bat first
    2. Format Data after the successful flashing of TWRPadb.bat
    3. Reboot bootloader
    4. Run fastbootimages.bat
    5. Reboot

NEW LOCKED BOOTLOADER METHOD: 04/07/2020 (FULL SAFETYNET PASS):

Download the conversion tool HERE
    CONVERSION INSTRUCITONS:

1. Unplug and power off the phone COMPLETELY
    2. Open the MSM download tool
    3. Uncheck SHA256 check
    4. Connect your USB cable to your PC
    5. Hold Volume DOWN and UP at the same time.
    6. While holding those keys, insert the USB.
    7. Keep holding those keys, click 'Enum' in the tool.
    8. Click start.
    9. Wait about 5-10 minutes, setup over Wifi, OTA to 10, PROFIT!

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"][B]*Modem will not work at first, setup over wifi and OTA to Android 10, it has been unified so, you just need to update to 10.0.5*[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [*] Not recommend for Sprint customers right now, as there are issues with APNs.
    [INDENT][INDENT][B][U][COLOR="Red"]**GSM/NON-SPRINT CARRIERS WORK FINE!**[/COLOR][/U][/B][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    [*] "About Phone" is still missing information.
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Q. HELP! I HAVE NO SIGNAL AFTER CROSSFLASH!

A. Connect to wifi and update to Android 10 via OTA.

Q. Can I use a custom ROM built for OnePlus 7 Pro:

A. Not recommend as they have major issues, ROMs are coming!

Q. Can I crossflash to international non 5G and get dual SIM?

A. 
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/port-oxygen-os-beta-oneplus-7-pro-5g-t4075597"]See here for Open Beta 11[/URL]

Credits:

@nickman529
    (Testing and flashing everything I told him to without question, and uploading the flash zips and writing the bats for me because my internet is way too slow)

@mauronofrio (for building us TWRP)

@Some_Random_Username(moral support and lots of OnePlus knowledge)

And lots of others in our test community!

Donations are also welcome, see my signature for way to donate or my PayPal is:
    http://PayPal.me/windows8user
    Aospa incoming soon:
    It went smooth like butter

Using this unlocked Virgin Mobile variant on T-Mobile and the process went beautifully. No signal until the EU ota completed. And 5G works for me as well. Now rooted using the Renovate 12.3 rom and all is good. Thanks for this tool. Honestly this device is way more versatile than other flagships.
    To go back to Sprint stock use this:

Crossfllashing to European 5G (GM1920):

Outdated method (REQUIRED BOOTLOADER UNLOCK):

Pie

• (to set APNs on Sprint, go to *#*#4636#*#* and set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)" , then set your APNs and reboot.)

Input Sprint APNs:

Name: Sprint LTE
      APN: x.ispsn
      MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
      MMS proxy: oap7.sprintpcs.com
      MMS port: 80
      APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,ims,cbs,ia
      Protocol/Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Flash this in Magisk to enable VoLTE on Sprint:
      https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/archive/master.zip

If you update to a newer Pie build, you will need to reflash your modem from Sprint, here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5g69dx5q64tibk/modem.img/file

OTA updates are fully functional.

The missing information in "About Phone" is normal and does not affect the function of the phone.

If Sprint is your carrier and you update to 10, you will lose APN access for the time being. (Though, humorously, the modem has been unified as of 10 and doesn't need to be reflashed after 10)

(Not recommend for Sprint users right now, as there are issues with APNs, GSM/NON SPRINT CARRIERS ARE FINE!)

• *Modem has been unified so, you don't need to reflash the Sprint modem after update as of 10.0.4*

Aside from any potential Google SafetyNet updates that break SafetyPatch., this build works perfectly.

"About Phone" is still missing information.

How to flash (applies to conversion and stock restore):

Unlock your bootloader as per:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...otloader-unlock-sprint-oneplus-7-pro-t4042145

Follow these steps in order or you will have to MSM restore to stock and try again

1. Run TWRPadb.bat first
    2. Format Data after the successful flashing of TWRPadb.bat
    3. Reboot bootloader
    4. Run fastbootimages.bat
    5. Reboot

NEW LOCKED BOOTLOADER METHOD: 04/07/2020 (FULL SAFETYNET PASS):

Download the conversion tool HERE
    CONVERSION INSTRUCITONS:

1. Unplug and power off the phone COMPLETELY
    2. Open the MSM download tool
    3. Connect your USB cable to your PC
    4. Hold Volume DOWN and UP at the same time.
    5. While holding those keys, insert the USB.
    6. Keep holding those keys, click 'Enum' in the tool.
    7. Click start.
    8. Wait about 5-10 minutes, setup over Wifi, OTA to 10, PROFIT!

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"][B]*Modem will not work at first, setup over wifi and OTA to Android 10, it has been unified so, you just need to update to 10.0.5*[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [*] Not recommend for Sprint customers right now, as there are issues with APNs.
    [INDENT][INDENT][B][U][COLOR="Red"]**GSM/NON-SPRINT CARRIERS WORK FINE!**[/COLOR][/U][/B][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    [*] "About Phone" is still missing information.
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Q. HELP! I HAVE NO SIGNAL AFTER CROSSFLASH!

A. Connect to wifi and update to Android 10 via OTA.

Q. Can I use a custom ROM built for OnePlus 7 Pro:

A. Not recommend as they have major issues, wait for AOSPA or other dedicated 5G ROMs to be released. They are coming.

Q. Can I crossflash to international non 5G and get dual SIM?

A. 
    So far my experience with cross flashing to the international 10 ROM has not been a positive one, when it done successfully boot, I am typically left without touch, or mobile radio function.

Credits:

@nickman529
    (Testing and flashing everything I told him to without question, and uploading the flash zips and writing the bats for me because my internet is way too slow)

@mauronofrio (for building us TWRP)

@Some_Random_Username(moral support and lots of OnePlus knowledge)

And lots of others in our test community!

Donations are also welcome, see my signature for way to donate or my PayPal is:
    http://PayPal.me/windows8user

Update 04/07/2020:
    New method discovered for conversion while remaining bootloader locked (full safetynet pass)