hey

my dad wants me to debrand his wildfire

is this possible at all?

and is there a stock android/htc rom?

as it came from the factory so to speak

really need help with this

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
Here is what i did to debrand mine. As the rom my phone came did not have the android market for some stupid reason. These are the steps I followed. But i guess you dont really need the 1st step.

1-) Root the phone by unrevoked. Just go to their site, http://unrevoked.com. Just do a search on the forums for more info.

2-) create a goldcard. There is a simple program to do this. You can get the program here, http://www.klutsh.com/ Or you can do it manually. Search for the manual way as there are many posts on that.

3-) Download a wwe rom for your wildfire. I installed 1.25. It seems to work great on my wildfire.

4-) Turn off your phone. Power your phone while holding volume down and power button. This will get you to the bootloader. Pick fast usb and start the RUU on your computer and let it install the new rom on your phone.

Hope this works for you.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Last edited:

escagelion

Oct 5, 2009
I have successfully created my gold card, but when trying to apply the .exe from windows, I got : Error 131 - Error ID Client .

My wildfire is from a french operator depending on Vodafone. Am I doing something wrong ?

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
Error 131

I am not exactly sure what error 131 is. But did you start your phone in the bootloader mode? Did you select fast usb? You should start the RUU.exe when you are in this mode.
Mine worked flawlessly.

Also apparently, some sd cards do not work with the goldcard stuff. If it still does not work, try it with a different sd card.

escagelion

Oct 5, 2009
What I did is :
- create a Goldcard with the goldcardtool from here
- then download the file .exe from the link above
- the reboot my wildfire into the bootloader
- then enter the fastboot and launch the .exe file from my computer.

When trying to install the new rom, the program boot another time the device onto a particular boot with big HTC letters on the screen then it tries to modify the signature and give me this error : 131.

Deep-Knight

Sep 8, 2010
Hannover
Other Problem after debranding

Hi @all,

i have done the following things :
1. Root Wildfire with Unrevoked 3
2. Made NADROID Full Backup
3. Update my Vodafone ROM 1.14 to Branding Free Version 1.25 via EXE
4. Restore Data from NADROID Backup

All Settings and APPS (except Vodafone Branding Apps) are back again.

All went fine, except a few problems with some deleted apps. The Vodafone Apps + Zumas Revenge + UNO and Monopoly are all away. Thats ok. But in Menu -> Settings -> Applications , they are still there -> com.xxxxxxx with a Size of 0 kb.
If i want do delete them, i got an error (task closed).
I searched the hole phone for the vodafone files, but they are not there.

Tried Titanium Backup and some other Uninstallers to get rid of the disappeard vodafone apps in the application list.
Any ideas ? Or can someone send me the "Titanium" Backup APKs of the Vodafone Apps to install them again and afterthat to uninstall the hopefully not locked apps again.

Thanks

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
I do not think it is the goldcard softwarw issue. I can think of only two reasons why it did not work for you.

1- As I said before, some brands of the sd cards do not like to be played with their CID. I read about it Xda forums. You can try another brand sd card.

2- Did you root your phone? Maybe that was the thing that made it work for me.

Or as someone pointed out, you can try other. Ways of creating a goldcard. But if you ask me, i really think that your sd card did not take the goldcard.
Good luck

escagelion

Oct 5, 2009
You could try creating a goldcard this way:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/3072-cm-for-htc-wildfire/
Just in case its this software playing up.

There's nothing behind this link.

I do not think it is the goldcard softwarw issue. I can think of only two reasons why it did not work for you.

1- As I said before, some brands of the sd cards do not like to be played with their CID. I read about it Xda forums. You can try another brand sd card.

2- Did you root your phone? Maybe that was the thing that made it work for me.

Or as someone pointed out, you can try other. Ways of creating a goldcard. But if you ask me, i really think that your sd card did not take the goldcard.
Good luck

I change my sdcard from scandisk 4gb class 6 to transcend then toshiba (all 4gb class 6), nothing more happen than the error 131.

My phone has the root access. I used unrevoked3.

Don't know what to do now...

EDIT: my band version is 13.45.55.24H_3.35.15.31
build : 1.14.163.1 CL 183733 release-keys

EDIT 2: last try for today, again the same error with CID Signature failed marked on the device screen. Will try tomorow with another sd card. Just to know, what's the brand of yours? And what type are they (gb and class)?

Last edited:

Deep-Knight

Sep 8, 2010
Hannover
Hi @all,

i have done the following things :
1. Root Wildfire with Unrevoked 3
2. Made NADROID Full Backup
3. Update my Vodafone ROM 1.14 to Branding Free Version 1.25 via EXE
4. Restore Data from NADROID Backup

All Settings and APPS (except Vodafone Branding Apps) are back again.

All went fine, except a few problems with some deleted apps. The Vodafone Apps + Zumas Revenge + UNO and Monopoly are all away. Thats ok. But in Menu -> Settings -> Applications , they are still there -> com.xxxxxxx with a Size of 0 kb.
If i want do delete them, i got an error (task closed).
I searched the hole phone for the vodafone files, but they are not there.

Tried Titanium Backup and some other Uninstallers to get rid of the disappeard vodafone apps in the application list.
Any ideas ? Or can someone send me the "Titanium" Backup APKs of the Vodafone Apps to install them again and afterthat to uninstall the hopefully not locked apps again.

Thanks

Just find a "quick" solution for my problem :
1. Made a new nadroid backup from rom 1.25
2. Restore of old complete backup (vodafone 1.14 version)
3. Copy all Vodafone and other lost apps from /system/app to my sdcard
4. Restore ROM 1.25
5. Install all Vodafone and other Apps , which are not existing in the new rom with the wrong uninstall parameters.
6. Uninstall of this apps.

Now my Application-List is clean again.

Elibongo

Oct 10, 2009
I created my goldcard by backing up all the data on my SD card that came with the phone (a 2gb Samsung), formated it to FAT32 and created the goldcard.

This seemed to work.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
I created the goldcard with sdcard that came with the phone. It was a 2GB Sandisk.
And as the previous poster said, i think you need to format it wih FAT32.

domujunior

Sep 9, 2010
Hi. I tried the process you posted (btw, thanks very much for this).
But unfortunately it does not work. The phone is still locked with Vodafone Romania. What if I downgrade the ROM to 1.xx
Would there be a problem?

escagelion

Oct 5, 2009
THANK YOU all !!

I finally succeed. I try with the sdcard provided with the device, samsung 2gb, as a goldcard, and it works.
I'm now debranded (the boot is a little longer, but the overall is smoother and littler faster than before).

Thanks again.

thearif

Feb 27, 2008
Hi domujunior,
If I understand correctly you want to sim unlock your phone. this process does not SIM unlock your phone. It will just put a unbranded rom on your phone. Meaning no additional software etc. put in your phone by your service provider.
I do not know how to unlock the phone. You might try purchasing an unlock code or maybe search for a sim unlock software.

early81

Nov 9, 2006
Rome
ok I had the same problem 131 error vendor, but I solved in this way :

when you create the gold card you have to copy the CID number near the "GET CID"

and NOT the one in the DEBUG LOG

now all is working:

so I did unrevoked root , after gold card and in fastboot mode usb I launched the .exe file official rom

hope that all people having my sam problem 131 error now can solve,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts