• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Dec 1][SD][BETA] desire hd2 [hastarin 8.5.1]

Search This thread

SpottierPython

May 27, 2009
Islamabad
maybe u should:

1. do a clean install while copy your data.img
2. backup your 5800 text messages but dont restore (only for history)
3. clean your 5800 text messages

Thanks but I have backup... I need these messages to be inbox instead of only in backup... :( if I can't use them then what is the use of backup :)

I have seen this issue sporadically with more than one Desire HD build. I don't know what causes it. The benefits of Android over WinMo go way beyond messaging though, but it is personal preference. Personally, I don't need to have all my messages saved....not more than a couple days worth. I never go back farther than that.

I am facing this issue and now I am going without restoring my messages. However I am unable to find any way around regarding this concern. :(

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Speed tip for me?

Hi!

Back at this build since i gotten my old reboot problem back when using another Desire ROM.

I am experience a lag that keeps my device just a split seccond when using this ROM. Can someone (or the Author) make some suggestions on how to speed things up, or maybe turn off something to get rid of this lag? The install lag i can live with, but brows-lag when browsing through the device is a bit anoying...

Maybe a 512Mb img file would solve it? (Author) any comment?

And one more question: Is it recommended to reflash your WinMo when changing your Android ROM? I'm asking just because this ROM is the only one that does not reboot itself, but this is the only ROM that i have first reflashed a new WinMo ROM and this ROM was the first Android ROM with it.

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Hi standby drain

Hello,

Any one experiencing 60mA in standby with this build and Hasterin 8.6?

I originally had issues with wifi with this build, but standby drain was low, now I have wifi and standby drain is high no matter the kernel. Tried MDJ 8 and 9.1, Hasterin 8.5.3 and 8.6...drain still high.

Have I missed a trick with this build?

I previously tried MDJ HD 4.6, but after the first reboot, CPU max out no matter what.

At present, the only stable build I have is MDJ Froyostone 2.4, but HTC Desire builds are boring now!

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
What is the thing with two Facebook widgets?

Hi! me again trying to figure out how to speed my system up a bit, and now i'm at the two Facebook widgets one just Facebook and one Facebook sense, which one to use, as for now i'm using both. :)

Can someone explaine why there is two?

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Hello,

I originally had issues with wifi with this build, but standby drain was low, now I have wifi and standby drain is high no matter the kernel. Tried MDJ 8 and 9.1, Hasterin 8.5.3 and 8.6...drain still high.

I previously tried MDJ HD 4.6, but after the first reboot, CPU max out no matter what.

At present, the only stable build I have is MDJ Froyostone 2.4, but HTC Desire builds are boring now!

Bump...bump...

elgrego4

Mar 3, 2010
I dont know what is going to happen with this build cos its not been updated for weeks and everyone else is still updating the other builds. Has this one been discontinued?

demasu_2000

Nov 3, 2010
Bochum
www.canatabas.com
Hello,

Standby is around 3-5mA on mine.. When i turn on WiFi, it gets up to 60mA, and when i turn on automatic updates i have at least 100mA and up..

Actually i have another question, my phone starts hanging (like when you install something) when i turn on the automatic updates and the circle icon almost never disappears.. is this happening just to me ? is there a solution ?

By the way, im using this build since 2. Dec., made updates that mentioned earlier, put hastarin 8.6 and im not going to use another build :)
Thanks cedesmith

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Hello,

For anyone having this issue, I resolved it my using an update from post 4:

- update.initrd-async.gz.07.12.2010.zip (faster IO) OR update.initrd-sync.gz.07.12.2010.zip (safe,classic mount)

The first time I used the "faster IO" zip, but I changed to "safe,classic mount" zip and it worked.

No issues with this build now.

Thanks.

moh9500

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks for the hardwork Cedesmith

Todays is the first time after a long time of reading posts and features of different cooks i flash my phone with your Cook, I really love it, smooth, and lovely.

I have just one question form friends who post in this thread, What is the name of the widget that show the battery usage in milliampere, the one on the top right corner of the screenshot? I have been looking for it in the market for hours but no luck. i think it does not come with the Rom.

thanks for you replies in advance :)

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Thanks for the hardwork Cedesmith

Todays is the first time after a long time of reading posts and features of different cooks i flash my phone with your Cook, I really love it, smooth, and lovely.

I have just one question form friends who post in this thread, What is the name of the widget that show the battery usage in milliampere, the one on the top right corner of the screenshot? I have been looking for it in the market for hours but no luck. i think it does not come with the Rom.

thanks for you replies in advance :)

That one is called Current Widget.

Also look for Elixir, does A LOT more.

Last edited:

greg17477

Mar 9, 2009
I dont know what is going to happen with this build cos its not been updated for weeks and everyone else is still updating the other builds. Has this one been discontinued?

So now you have a proof how good this build is ;) no need to update anything, at least for me... what would you like to be updated? i am still using this build, no issues or whatever (except the app install lag)..

Top Liked Posts