• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Dec 1][SD][BETA] desire hd2 [hastarin 8.5.1]

Search This thread

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Agreed. Everyone is either on MDJ Froyo HD or trying NAND or RAM versions!

I get 4-9mA in standby with this ROM and Hastarin 8.6.

TBH though, I only found out about this build because Hastarin himself changed to it.

Yes that was the reason i changed/tried this one to. Wonder why he use this i thought, must be a very god ROM and it realy turned out to be a great ROM.

I have had 3mA a couple of time with Hastarin's 8.6 So i'm a happy camper.
The only thing i want to fix is the greenish photo's when using the auto option.
One guy here told me to search for the problem and what to fix but i can't find one post of the problem when i make a search for it...

Wonder if he ever going to update this ROM? :)

alphadeeto

May 20, 2009
Bandung - Jakarta
Yes that was the reason i changed/tried this one to. Wonder why he use this i thought, must be a very god ROM and it realy turned out to be a great ROM.

I have had 3mA a couple of time with Hastarin's 8.6 So i'm a happy camper.
The only thing i want to fix is the greenish photo's when using the auto option.
One guy here told me to search for the problem and what to fix but i can't find one post of the problem when i make a search for it...

Wonder if he ever going to update this ROM? :)

Have you tried the update in the 2nd post of this thread?

sent from my Leo on Desire HD2 using XDA App

kalax3

Jan 14, 2011
This is weird, i downloaded and extracted to the desire_hd2 map, tapped clrcad and then haret waited 1h, only see a little bit of text on the left. Did it again, i woke up from my sleep it is still the same:mad:!?

I got a Class 2 4GB card i know the first boot takes up long, but that long?

What i'm doing not good? Plz reply.

Last edited:

v6mikey

Oct 1, 2008
Freckleton Lancs
Well I have started again with this build and all is good again. I think I may have slightly messed it up by using usb disc drive. Won't use that again!

Sent from my ro.product.model=Desire HD2 using XDA App

Well don't know what's going on with this. I have 60mah drain in standby. Never had this before. The only thing I did differently was to format the SD card.

I have tried multiple re boots, turning off wifi, bluetooth and everything. Think I am going to have to start again.

Anyone any ideas?

jamieross

Mar 25, 2010
Armadale
www.jamieross.co.uk
This is weird, i downloaded and extracted to the desire_hd2 map, tapped clrcad and then haret waited 1h, only see a little bit of text on the left. Did it again, i woke up from my sleep it is still the same:mad:!?

I got a Class 2 4GB card i know the first boot takes up long, but that long?

What i'm doing not good? Plz reply.

you probably have a wrong radio, use a radio like 2.15 thats what i use

jamie

prag16

Feb 25, 2009
Old build?

I have just stumbled across this thread now. I have been using MDJ 4.6 recently, and have been mostly happy. Though there are some issues such as data dropping, FC of camera app during 'share', and installs/uninstalls bringing the device almost to a complete halt. There is also some lag opening emails, and other things like that.

Does this build perform better in all those areas? I see that it was released on December 1st... There are no updates (other than the few fixes in post 2)? This build is so good in its original form that it just doens't get/need updates?

Thanks!

daggodt

Jul 18, 2008
I have just stumbled across this thread now. I have been using MDJ 4.6 recently, and have been mostly happy. Though there are some issues such as data dropping, FC of camera app during 'share', and installs/uninstalls bringing the device almost to a complete halt. There is also some lag opening emails, and other things like that.

Does this build perform better in all those areas? I see that it was released on December 1st... There are no updates (other than the few fixes in post 2)? This build is so good in its original form that it just doens't get/need updates?

Thanks!

Everything in this Rom worked really really smooth for me! No issues for daily use.

Doesn't require an update, but we all tend to want updates:)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

prag16

Feb 25, 2009
Won't boot

I downloaded this, and then before booting for the first time I put in the files from cedesmith's updates (replacing some of the original files obviously). I also updated to the Hastarin 8.6 kernel (with included files for root folder).

When trying to boot, I get a black screen with HTC on it for a couple minutes, then the device resets back into Windows Mobile.

This happened both with and without provided data.img in the folder.

Do I need to do a "clean" boot (without using any of cedesmith's updates) first or something???

EDIT: Figured it out, had the wrong folder name in the startup.txt file.

I inserted in my data.img from the MDJ build, and that seemed to work, though many of my settings were gone. Testing it out further now! Thanks!

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
My installation of this nice ROM has become crazy

Hi!

I used a reboot app from the market and since i used it once my ROM has become crazy. Several apps stops working at boot, some can't be started and some that can be started i have to reconfigure everytime i have made a reboot. :)

I realy can't say if it was the reboot app or when i updated to Hastarin 8.6.
But tomorrow i will make a format of my Sd card and then put everything but the data.img back on again. Pitty! I was to glad i had a working Android ROM.

prag16

Feb 25, 2009
"Current" weather now showing

Just one problem so far... Sense refuses to show my 'current' weather. Other apps are able to access my current location. The current weather isn't shown in the weather app either. It tried 'updating' but nothing happens. I cleared data (via settings -> apps) for everything weather related, but that didn't help. All location services are enabled. Any ideas?

Neilg

Feb 11, 2010
Just one problem so far... Sense refuses to show my 'current' weather. Other apps are able to access my current location. The current weather isn't shown in the weather app either. It tried 'updating' but nothing happens. I cleared data (via settings -> apps) for everything weather related, but that didn't help. All location services are enabled. Any ideas?

I sometimes get "current location" weather issues too. Mostly straight after after I have booted into this rom, i can fix it by turning on "aircraft mode" and turning it off again. Seems to solve my data/location issues.

prag16

Feb 25, 2009
I sometimes get "current location" weather issues too. Mostly straight after after I have booted into this rom, i can fix it by turning on "aircraft mode" and turning it off again. Seems to solve my data/location issues.

Wish it were that simple... but for me it's constant. Flight mode off/on, rebooting, nothing makes a difference. Using MDJ 4.6 this was never an issue. :(

EDIT: Downloaded $1.99 Fancy Widget... can be skinned to look exactly like the HTC widget, and has more customizations/options. This is an acceptable workaround.

Last edited:

wings64

Oct 21, 2006
Install/Uninstall also slows this ROM build to a crawl. Specifically, the download is OK but waiting for the installed notification will lock up the phone. The reverse is true for the uninstall.

Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this?

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Just sharing some things....

Hi!

Have had some hickups with this ROM:

The clock is kind of double and tell the wrong time, when you remove it the widget seems not to be removed it's still there but without the clock numbers. A restart is required to get it back again.

2-3 reboots in a couple of days. So i'm thinking, is there a software to format SD cards to get rid of this reboot thing... i have read somewhere that there was a fix for PC formated SD card but this was for NAND ROM i think...

najir

Sep 6, 2008
Using this rom for > 1month. Everything Working great for me. The Only problem its became freeze 30sec after install new thing and i can live with it. No intention yet of changing rom! Because it already perfect

Sent from my ro.product.model=Desire HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts