[Dec 1][SD][BETA] desire hd2 [hastarin 8.5.1]

Search This thread

wings64

Oct 21, 2006
Best stock desire HD SD ROM so far.

2 weeks so far. I'm using the ROM Lucian777 patched on post 4. Upgraded kernel to Hastarin 8.6eb for HTC extended battery support. Everything working fine except the install/uninstall freeze which always resolves itself. 4 to 9 mA on standby with mobile data, background data on, auto sync and location off.

I'm also experiencing "No service" as mentioned in this thread. Just select "GSM only" in Settings->Wireless & Networks->Mobile networks->Network mode.

I did have to edit the mm_property.conf and default.xml files for the blurry/small MMS fix. I forgot what thread or forum it was in but I've copied what I did:

use root explorer to make the changes.
1. backup your mm_property.conf (/system/etc) file just in case
2. open the mm_property.conf file and change the wapprofile to:
http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/Leo-1.5.xml
3. save & exit

if you have the right apn mms settings, this should be all you might need to do. power off and reboot for the changes to take effect

if your mms sizes are messed up (on some of the old desire hd builds it was 1m, 3m, and 5m), you will have to edit your default.xml (/system/customize/mns/). again back it up just in case

<item name="MMS_Msg_Size1">300K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size2">600K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size3">1024K</item>
<item name="MMS_Msg_Size_Choose">1024K</item>

Thanks for your work OP.

Reactions: demasu_2000

general1977

Apr 29, 2008
I downloaded the original version in the first post and then applied the updates provided in post 2. I also reverted to the sync version of initrd because on my first tries I got multiple errors which disappeared with the sync version.

My problem is that power consumption in standby is around 95mA, measured and logged with Current Widget. Is there anything I can do to get the previously mentioned values around 5 mA. In addition I have to say that the system has not been running longer than about one hour continously. Will the power consumption drop by itself when the system has settled for more than one hour?

Also the GPRS connection does not seem to deactivate itself although all background data connections and the location service have been deactivated. Is there any way to tell Android to cut this connection manually to test the power drain without disabling normal GSM standby for phone calls?

Regards
Achim

Last edited:

wings64

Oct 21, 2006
general1977,

Do you have background data activated? Also, did you run CLRCD.exe and haret.exe as soon as possible after WINMO bootup?

Check all your email settings and make sure that the interval is NOT the default 15 minutes. I have mine set to check every hour. Check facebook and twitter under settings and have it set to update manually (uncheck sync/notifications/refresh).

If you are using TMOUS, and in a weak 3G area, the radio searching for the 3G signal will kill your battery. try GSM only.

good luck.

jet1234

Feb 17, 2010
Thanks Cedesmith for your great work.

(update.initrd-sync.gz.07.12.2010.zip) <- I cannot find utf8 inside the initrd. Could you check it if you are free? Thanks a lot!

Thanks to Cheetozz, I got the file and now it goes well.

Last edited:

antonmandara

Aug 26, 2010
NAND version of this awesome build

Doesn't anyone currious enough to try to convert this build into nand? (don't ask me. I know nothing about building any roms)

antaed

Nov 23, 2009
I have uploaded a working MAGLDR version of the build here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD7EB7BU

All credit for this goes to zarathustrax. Please read this first:
"I have gotten the partially updated build from the 3rd or 4th post in cedesmith's desire HD2 thread... I'm not sure which updates are already in it or if it uses hastarins 8.5.3 kernel or the 8.6 kernel. When I tried to fully update the build with all the updates from the second post, it wouldn't work. But this version from the 4th post is suppose to have several updates already included.I'm going to keep trying to get it as fully updated as possible, but for now this build seems to be working pretty good so far, though I haven't fully tested it yet.
(...)
"

IMPORTANT NOTES!
- Copy the folder DesireHD to your SD card. You may rename the folder whatever you want except desire_hd2 and max 8 characters. Don't forget to tell MAGLDR which is the folder before you try to boot (9. Services > 1. Bootsettings > 3. AD SD Dir) :eek:;
- Upon the 1st boot there will be an error with some processes wanting to force close. Keep pushing wait and it will stop. I have booted several times since and it never happened again;
- I use a Transcend 8GB Class 6 SD card split in half (~ 4GB for WP7 + 4GB for AD). The rest of my configuration is in my signature;
- Please use knowing you do it at your own risk - this is NOT an official update from cedesmith!!!

Cheers ;)
antaed

P.S. I hope this build won't get discontinued because it is truly amazing indeed...

Last edited:

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
MAGLDR version working! thanks a lot..
only one problem so far (that i can live with).. flipclock gets messed up on flip..

but it still runs smooth.. very smooth..

thanks a lot again

Ashiq

antaed

Nov 23, 2009
i'm glad it does, my pleasure :)

only one problem so far (that i can live with).. flipclock gets messed up on flip..
yeah, minor issue for me too. on the positive side of things, now i have a new setup on my main screen and i quite like it. i never have done it if the flip clock was ok...

exactly - very smooth, fast and stable and it boots quite quickly too... what more can i ask from a dhd build.
again, i really wish this project is not dead 'cause i love it!

cheers,
antaed

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago

thanks a lot again

Ashiq

The reason the flipclock is messed up looking is because the build is set at 220dpi... if you change it to the regular 240dpi, the flipclock appears normal. There are apps to change the dpi, or you can edit the build.prop yourself and change it from 220 to 240 dpi.

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
The reason the flipclock is messed up looking is because the build is set at 220dpi... if you change it to the regular 240dpi, the flipclock appears normal. There are apps to change the dpi, or you can edit the build.prop yourself and change it from 220 to 240 dpi.

thanks..

+1 for continuation of this project... if only this one can improve on power consumption (many new ones have done really well in this regard), this is definitely the best Android option to be kept along WP7..

Ashiq

a771la

Jul 25, 2005
any news?
new kernel?

I still have the bug time :(
every time I go back to WM6.5 the time and date are incorrect
how can I fix this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts