[Dec 17] EVO Carbon Remix V0.6 [Kernel=hastarin r8.6]

Search This thread

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
You can go from v5 to v6 and use the old data.img to upgrade but not the one from v4 to v6, he needs to throw in a new data.img from the first post before first boot if he doesn't want to wait for the build to create one.
You are upgrading from v0.4 to v0.6, did you try to use a new data.img yet? I can upgrade from v0.5 to v0.6 by using the same data.img from v0.5.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Reactions: sbdop

sbdop

Nov 6, 2007
bangkok
You can go from v5 to v6 and use the old data.img to upgrade but not the one from v4 to v6, he needs to throw in a new data.img from the first post before first boot if he doesn't want to wait for the build to create one.

Exactly, refer to post no. 1 we cannot upgrade from v0.4 to v0.6 with an old data.img.
Many Thanks for your more information.
:)

whycali

Apr 21, 2010
Boot from MAGLDR

Anybody had any success booting this build from magldr 1.12? I made the change to init.rc easily enough but it wont boot, stops when loading zimage

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
Anybody had any success booting this build from magldr 1.12? I made the change to init.rc easily enough but it wont boot, stops when loading zimage

I'm about to try booting this build with magldr... sometimes if there is updates in the folder that install at first boot, you will have to edit the init.rc again after first boot for it to work... that's what I had to do with jdms and hd2one 0.3.6. I'll let you know if I'm successful booting this build.

sbdop

Nov 6, 2007
bangkok
This build is very low battery consumption, fast and stable. I got minimum 6 mA on standby. For the phone function, sounds are clear and louder. I can say this build is the best one for my daily use.:):):)

FZZF

May 13, 2006
USA
I have been using this build since its release over a month ago, and I must say its been th best for me smooth fast sound is great no sods or lock ups and the internet works 98% of the time very stable. thank you Motoman..!!!!! I have been looking forward to v1.0 what happened to it? will you it be released at all, just wondring. thanks again.

saurabh88

Dec 5, 2008
kapadwanj
This build is very low battery consumption, fast and stable. I got minimum 6 mA on standby. For the phone function, sounds are clear and louder. I can say this build is the best one for my daily use.:):):)
what r u talking about?its best.fast even then desire rom and desire hd.man love it but my wifi oesnt turn on.its give me error.any solution

rmetanes

May 9, 2010
Tel Aviv
NAND version already... pleassssssse

I'm too so happy with this version, specially the addon for button controls to turn on the B.tooth, + flashlight etc... but would love to have it on my NAND.

Any pland to release this version on NAND Motoman the man?

Thanks
Rami Metanes.

aqzlegendskillz

Nov 22, 2010
Astoria
k

k i havent had a problem up until a week ago and i havent changed anything the battery consumption is a little more now although i have been using it way more... but starting yesterday my connection kept dropping and this hasnt happened even once since i put this in my hd2.. so idk any suggestions?

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
Current widget is good gives you the mA drain, but I think battery monitor widget is better, gives you info on the % percentage of battery left and actual drain in mA , and on text file and in a graph display when you touch the widget.
What is the best way to follow up on my battery consumption?

Psaldorn

Mar 17, 2010
Orange

If anyone could make a dark orange version of the skin (so replace all blues with oranges but main layout is still carbon'd) I would love you forever, and pay you money if you have paypal.

Kain Goan

Apr 6, 2006
I'm about to try booting this build with magldr... sometimes if there is updates in the folder that install at first boot, you will have to edit the init.rc again after first boot for it to work... that's what I had to do with jdms and hd2one 0.3.6. I'll let you know if I'm successful booting this build.

So did anyone have any luck in getting this build to work with magldr? I really want to keep my current set up as it looks like motoman hasn't updated this in a while.

wuttie

Jun 20, 2010
I've succesfully booted this with MAGLDR :)
A quick guide for those who want this too:

- Download file attached to this post
- Unzip with 7zip
- Copy and paste the rootfs.img file into the original Android folder of Evo Carbon Remix v0.6 (REPLACE THE OLD rootfs.img FILE)
- Copy Android Folder to SD Card
- In MAGLDR go to Services -> Bootsettings -> AD SD Dir
- Select your Android folder
- Select Boot AD SD
- Be patient and wait ;) it takes quite some time to boot

I tested this only a few times, it worked for me, but I can't confirm it works for you. It should work however :D
Credit goes to buzz killington, letama, aled99, Corias (see this thread)

Attachments

• rootfs.7z
    2 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: coolfire

coolfire

Aug 20, 2004
Singapore
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
I've succesfully booted this with MAGLDR :)
A quick guide for those who want this too:

- Download file attached to this post
- Unzip with 7zip
- Copy and paste the rootfs.img file into the original Android folder of Evo Carbon Remix v0.6 (REPLACE THE OLD rootfs.img FILE)
- Copy Android Folder to SD Card
- In MAGLDR go to Services -> Bootsettings -> AD SD Dir
- Select your Android folder
- Select Boot AD SD
- Be patient and wait ;) it takes quite some time to boot

I tested this only a few times, it worked for me, but I can't confirm it works for you. It should work however :D
Credit goes to buzz killington, letama, aled99, Corias (see this thread)
Cool!

Are you booting from MAGLDR v1.13?:)

Oneflymiss

Feb 10, 2010
This build on my HD2 is a life saver!!!!!!!! Thank u! This phone is nothing without the ability to run android.

Build is very stable and fast!
Everything works :D
Battery consumption gets better and better with each recharge.
No problems whatsoever.

Donation coming soon!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In version 0.6 I am using hastarin's 8.6 kernel. Kernels and builds react different to everyone depending on your setup, so if something doesn't work for you please let me know and I will fix it ASAP.

Evo Carbon Remix V0.6 Features
    -New Evo base from V0.4 and on
    -Loud sound (Use DSP manager is needed)
    -Added animations
    -Android 2.3 keyboard
    -Nexus S live wallpapers
    -New themed Android Market
    -Riptide power bar in notification bar ( eg. like CM6.1, GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, Cell data, flashlight and sound profile)
    -3D flip clock
    -PPP
    -Full 5mp camera with zoom
    -MIUI Music app included
    -Wifi should be fixed
    -Using hastarins r8.6
    -Using letama's new V0.7 ril wrapper for better data connection
    -Multi-language
    -3-7mA in standby for me
    -No green tint in pictures
    -Face detection working
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's working
    -All things that are working in other builds should be, unless stated below

What's not working
    -Everything should be now

FIXES & OTHER THINGS
    (1) If you get 1 com.phone.android force close don't be worried, you should only see it once. After you do the reboot after first boot you shouldn't see it again.
    (2) If you are on T-MOUS and are having MMS issues, see this for a possible fix http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8981441&postcount=250
    (3) If games such as "Angry Birds" will not install, please unmount your SD card then install then mount back after it has installed.
    (4) To use either the themed keyboard or the Gingerbread keyboard just long press in the message field and select the keyboard you want.
    First boot setup

After you boot for the first time please wait about a minute and unlock the phone then reboot immediately or everything will not work correctly!!! Once it boots back up then set everything up normally.

I also always recommend using a new data.img when upgrading to a newer build, that way no weird problems come down the road. When people report bugs i can't always tell if this is the cause or not. So please, if reporting a bug, please tell me if you used an old data.img.
    DOWNLOAD V1.0
    Soon......

DOWNLOAD V0.6
    http://www.multiupload.com/NOB8ZMSI43
    Data.img (optional)
    These are here if you want to save room on your SD and don't want a full gig. It also boots up a lot quicker if you add one before boot. Just unzip in your Android folder.

262mb http://www.multiupload.com/YVDGIC558B
    512mb http://www.multiupload.com/8Z8GQDESSR
    1gig http://www.multiupload.com/22IH8VAEIU

Alternate kernel from M-deejay (optional)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=831585

Changelog in post #2

Thanks to
    -M-deejay
    -Riptide9
    -Cotulla
    -Letama
    -Sergio76
    -infinitybiff
    -Darkstone
    -mattfmartin
    -heartsurfer008
    -BrightSilence
    -Scabes24
    -Phiredrop
    -Gho57
    -Stoney 666
    -others I'm forgetting
    Changelog

CHANGELOG V0.1
    - First release

CHANGELOG V0.2
    - Updates ril_wrapper to V0.4
    - Switched to hastarin r8.2 (seems to be the most stable as of now)
    - Fixed camera resolution (should be full 5mp now)
    - Fixed image that comes up after taking a photo
    - Changed boot animation
    - Couple other minor changes

CHANGELOG V0.3
    - Updated theme a bit
    - Switched out HTC wallpapers with some really nice ones!!
    - A couple other small changes
    - Temp fix for languages

CHANGELOG V0.3.1
    - Updated ril_wrapper to V0.7
    - Added themed Desire HD flip clock
    - Small updates to theme
    - Fixed software information in settings
    - Couple other minor changes

CHANGELOG V0.3.2
    - Updated kernel to hastarin's r8.5 beta
    - Themes flip clock to better suit the carbon theme better
    - Removed Amazon MP3, seemed to be hogging up ram
    - Updated a couple small parts of theme

CHANGELOG V0.4
    - Completely changed everything to a newer EVO base
    - Added carbon steel launcher (looks awesome)
    - Added animations
    - Changed battery icon + all status bar icons
    - Added themed keyboard
    - Added MIUI music app
    - Added reboot option in power menu
    - Changed every bit of theme but still kept the carbon look
    - Updated packages
    - Using hastarin's r8.5.1 kernel
    - The unlock flicker should be gone now
    - Fixed a few performance issues from 0.3.2
    - Too much to add to changelog

CHANGELOG V0.5
    - Added stock Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard
    - New messaging app (please let me know if this fixed the split SMS bug that a few had)
    - Changed clock widget
    - Changed boot animation
    - Changed animations to be more mild
    - Added DSP Manager
    - Fixed low sound (should be a LOT louder now)
    - Fixed robo voice a few had (please confirm)
    - Fixed a couple other performance issues

CHANGELOG V0.6
    - Updated all packages and apps
    - Updated to hastarin r8.6
    - Added 3D flip clock
    - Themed settings
    - Themed keyboard text pop-up so it's not green anymore
    - Added new themed Android Market
    - Added Nexus S live wallpapers (thanks to dapoharoun)
    - Fixed a couple things for smoother scrolling
    - Cleaned up a few things within the system
    (Users should be able to use the same data.img from V0.5 (not any version below)

CHANGELOG V1.0 (SOON)
    - Changed base to Desire (More stable)
    - Completely changed theme but still kept the carbon look (even more touch ups of carbon)
    - Using MDJ S8.0
    - Changed everything, way too much to add :)
    No not talking about when making a phone call, it happens in the call history, When you hit phone on the main screen, if a call is coming in, I know that when you type they are all together, I could care less about that.

And I just changed the kernel about an hour ago, since I was having a huge drain on the battery I changed it in hopes it would fix this too, but didnt. :(

Like I said earlier, it will probably be your Windows ROM. Its definitely not this Android ROM. I hope I'm not coming off "over confident" but I do a lot of battery testing before releasing and I always make sure it sits around 3-8mA before putting it up. Your radio is new so the only thing left to change is your Windows ROM. You have nothing to loose by trying right? Let me know how it goes.

P.S. If you need anything just send me a PM.
    nice build, smooth, and almost everything worked....but the battery for me is at 88mA on standby, where other builds, gave me 3mA to 5mA, using energy RoM and the radio with -2 on my siggy...

I have said multiple times in all of my threads that you are going to get bad battery drain on an old radio like yours. Almost all people that complain about bad battery drain have an old radio. I do all my testing on a new radio, use either 2.14 or 2.15. (Not trying to be mean, I just say this at least a few times a day, I'm going to put it in the OP).
    Updated to V0.6, changelog in post #2.