• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Dec 22][SD] |/\/\/\| phiremod SkinnyEvo Final Edition |/\/\/\| [Hastarin r8.6]

Search This thread

tursey

Jan 30, 2010
hi, I have a problem with this ROM (skinnyevo final edition). when I have my SIM card inserted phone freezes in lock screen and reset to droid screen again... when it comes to lock screen it locked again and so always... if I disconnet the phone or extract the SIM card this problem dissapear. Wath can I do? thanks

paocavallo

Apr 17, 2009
London
hi, I have a problem with this ROM (skinnyevo final edition). when I have my SIM card inserted phone freezes in lock screen and reset to droid screen again... when it comes to lock screen it locked again and so always... if I disconnet the phone or extract the SIM card this problem dissapear. Wath can I do? thanks
You can try like this:

1- switch off every connection , (phone, wifi, bluetooth, gps...) in winmo then boot android as usual...
2- set so as our master phiremood said: Open GScript > press menu > Add script > Load file > compass.sh/dialing_fix.sh > Save > tap “compass/dialing_fix” Allow superuser permissions
3- Restart phone and boot again android
4- Enable wifi - it will error out
5- Open "Voicemail Notifier" and set your preferences.

Good luck!

williamsean

Mar 15, 2010
Arnhem
Finally there is a update for the RAM build of Darkstone and MDJ, so i backup my old phiremod build and install the new Darkstone RAM build. After playing around in it for about 2 hours I come to the conclusion the RAM build is nothing faster than this build, better jet, I really thing this build is even faster than the RAM build.

So now i'm copying the phiremod backup back to my phone:D

Thanks again!

harzem

Jan 19, 2010

Boot to WinMo, disable PIN code protection for the SIM card. The problem you describe appears when your SIM card needs a PIN code. You can learn to live without a PIN code, it's just fine.

paocavallo

Apr 17, 2009
London
Finally there is a update for the RAM build of Darkstone and MDJ, so i backup my old phiremod build and install the new Darkstone RAM build. After playing around in it for about 2 hours I come to the conclusion the RAM build is nothing faster than this build, better jet, I really thing this build is even faster than the RAM build.

So now i'm copying the phiremod backup back to my phone:D

Thanks again!
yeah!
I'm agree with you: phiremod is still the best android build for leo at the moment....also if our master Phire doesn't want to let it become perfect (i.e mms issues, email and other apps not updated, etc...)...

In fact an ancient Italian saying reads: "who leave the old way for the new one, he knows what he leave, but what he will find, he doesn't!"

shorty1483

May 16, 2009
phiredrop, I pray to god that you will come back and give us a NAND-release of the (for me) best ROM ever, before you leave the HD2 cooking scene... ;)

ala380

Aug 18, 2007
phiredrop, I pray to god that you will come back and give us a NAND-release of the (for me) best ROM ever, before you leave the HD2 cooking scene... ;)

I don't want to burst your bubble but seeing as how phire has moved on to a new phone I am fairly certain there will, in deed, be no further releases.

That being said I am disappointed myself as this rom build, in my opinion, has the greatest potential. I would have loved to see a ram or nand build from phiredrop. I am still sticking with this build for now as it is fast and stable for me. I'm just sad to see that there will be no more releases of this fantastic build!!!

shorty1483

May 16, 2009
I don't want to burst your bubble but seeing as how phire has moved on to a new phone I am fairly certain there will, in deed, be no further releases.

That being said I am disappointed myself as this rom build, in my opinion, has the greatest potential. I would have loved to see a ram or nand build from phiredrop. I am still sticking with this build for now as it is fast and stable for me. I'm just sad to see that there will be no more releases of this fantastic build!!!

:( If I would have any knowledge of gettin this release into NAND, I would do :p

But in cooking I am a totally dumbass, i don't even know if it's much work now with the basics from Cotulla or if its just a simple packing...

Last edited:

tursey

Jan 30, 2010
can someone give me this wallpaper please?

attachment.php

i search it in images, etc. but it aren´t... thanks!

albertorodast2007

Oct 10, 2010
Guatemala

maybe some brave dev could continue with this build, like happened to the hd2one with kouno.takai and gt2009....

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
I would be pleased if another dev would like to port this to NAND. As long as I know about it, I think it would be great.

Thanks to everyone for your support and for wanting to keep SkinnyEvo alive!

On another note, I have been delving into the world of making Apps lately. My latest project is an app called "My Wishlist." Check it out at my website or scan this QR Code

img.php

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: sumflipnol

phoenixrise

Apr 9, 2010
Phoenix
bootloops

hello, i am using this Android build and it is a great build but the only problem i am facing is when i try to update a system file that allows me have full arabic support on my build, i used to update that file with all other builds that i used to run on my phone with no problems but with this build my phone keeps having Bootloops and never really get to the home screen after i update that file.

any help one how to fix boot loops ?

thank you

themaster1978

Apr 18, 2010
GC, OH
Phiredrop,

Prior to Cotulla's NAND Desire build this was and still is the best sd based android version. I wanted to thank you for the fantastic roms (been using since beta) and I beg and implore you to release the NAND version. I have a feeling this could be the top NAND release as well. Either way thanks again for all your hard work.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, but there may be a SkinnyEvo NAND edition in the works. I am trying to work with some people to make it happen. Remember, I don't have an HD2 anymore, so this may or may not happen, but I AM looking into it for you folks. You're all great.

-phiredrop

Last edited:

sumflipnol

Aug 30, 2009
San Francisco
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high, but there may be a SkinnyEvo NAND edition in the works. I am trying to work with some people to make it happen. Remember, I don't have an HD2 anymore, so this may or may not happen, but I AM looking into it for you folks. You're all great.

-phiredrop
Good news.:)

But I, for one, prefer SD builds for the very reason why the HD2 became a powerhouse -- dual-booting.:cool: The thing is, I don't always like using Android, and I don't always want to use WM. That's why I'm sticking with SD builds -- I can choose either OS, depending on my mood.
I still use the SkinnyEvo build in my sig, and I hope there is a "Final pt.2" for the SkinnyEvo SD builds!:) Hopefully if phiredrop can no longer do this, someone is willing to take up the project.

Reactions: torse1

dino_Donis

Sep 14, 2007
I think it would be more useful to fix the issues with this build rather than port it to NAND. I like many others prefer the flxibility of SD builds for many reasons...

The biggest issues with this build I have is:-
> MMS does not work
> Ringtone/message/Email sound settings are lost if PC connection mode is set to say Disk Drive mode.
> Email attachments?

However it is a great build so please fix these to make it perfect!

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    phiremod_title.png
    Welcome to the final version of SkinnyEvo. I have had my fun developing for the HD2, and will no longer be releasing any roms. I want to give a special thanks to everyone who has supported me by donating, saying thanks, or clicking the 'thanks' button. Your contribution has been much appreciated. Since I will not be developing for the HD2 anymore, any new donations are considered to be a "thanks" for my past work.

Features:
    - Stock or Gingerbread keyboard (red themed)
    - Nexus S sound scheme
    - Increased MMS limit (5mb)
    - Gingerbread Notification icons
    - Transparent Notification pull down
    - Power Control in Notification Bar
    - New Android Market
    - Working voicemail notification
    - 5MP Evo camera w/flash
    - Auto APN
    - Removed all stock Sprint apps
    - Multilanguage
    - DSP Manager
    - Reboot/Hot reboot option
    - Working G-sensor (Calibrate with phone facedown)
    - Working light sensor
    - Bluetooth, Wifi, Data
    - Speaker is nice and loud
    - Hastarin Kernel r8.6
    - 1GB Data.img included

Installation:
    - Place the "Android" & “GScripts” folders on the root of your SD card
    - Run "CLRCAD.exe" then "haret.exe"
    - First boot will take up to 10 minutes
    - Wait to unlock screen until it says to (with blinking arrows)
    - You may get a FC during setup, just ignore it and follow the rest of these steps!
    - After setup, let Google finish syncing before doing anything else
    - Open GScript > press menu > Add script > Load file > compass.sh/dialing_fix.sh > Save > tap “compass/dialing_fix” Allow superuser permissions
    - Restart phone!
    - Enable wifi - it will error out. Try again and it will work.
    - Open "Voicemail Notifier" and set your preferences. This must be done for notifications to work properly!

What doesn't work:
    - 720p Video Recording

Huge thanks to
    Mdeejay
    infinitybiff
    hastarin
    Pongster
    aamikam
    cedesmith
    motoman234
    The folks at #htc-linux-chat

* Donations are appreciated and considered to be for past work, not future releases.
    * Older versions of SkinnyEvo are available at my website.
    Changelog:

Final Edition
    - Full Rom update
    - Includes all 2.1.1 updates
    - Kernel: hastarin r8.6
    - Updated camera/drivers w/normal buttons (kept the newer icons though)
    - Updated Maps to 5.0.0
    - Removed Flash (install latest from Market)
    - Added red themed Gingerbread keyboard (via reprod)
    - Gingerbread Notification bar/icons/pull down
    - Nexus S sounds/audio

[SIZE="2"]v2.1.1 update package
    * This update is not a full rom update. It is intended for already downloaded/existing phiremod 2.1

- To upgrade your SkinnyEvo build, download update
    - place "root" and "zimage" inside your existing Android folder
    - reboot
    * Update includes:
    - New kernel: hastarin r8.6
    - Better wake up when wifi is on
    - Fixed MMS compression (via Calkulin)
    - New Camera/drivers
    - Updated Gmail - modified to always show pictures (via Anderdroid)
    - Various updates to make everything above work

v2.1
    - New kernel: hastarin 8.5.3
    - Increased default MMS limit to 5MP
    - Added Voicemail Notification app
    - Added power menu to notification bar
    - Added the new Market
    - Lockscreen mod
    - Includes 011 dialing fix (via GScripts)
    - Removed Footprints
    - Some new wallpapers
    - Removed MIUI WeatherClock (download from “Extras” page on my website)
    - a few small fixes
    * In order for MMS size to be 5MB, you MUST do a fresh install!

v2.1 MikFroyo Theme
    - Includes all changes in stock 2.1
    - Fully themed (Latest MikFroyo theme)
    - Includes awesome new transition animations
    - Includes animated Flip clock

v2.1 Gingerbread Theme BETA
    - Includes all changes in stock 2.1
    - Beta version - many FC's during initial setup, but appears to works fine after it settles
    - Includes animations and animated flip clock

v2.0 - Back to the basics
    - Rebuilt from official 3.30.651.2
    - Kernel: hastarin r8.5.1 old cam
    - Fully Stock theme (Themed version to come later)
    - Swapped out a few wallpapers from stock
    - Added MIUI WeatherClock (if you don’t want it, simply delete it from Android/AndroidApps before first boot)
    - Extra HTC widgets not included
    - Fixed MMS (needs to be confirmed)
    - Original HTC_IME keyboard (fixed mic button)
    - Latest wrapper
    - Cleanest, lightest, and most stable version yet
    - Other small changes
    - As usual, I recommend a fresh install for best performance, though your data.img from 1.6+ *should* work
    - I think you guys will like this one. Thanks for all the support. Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

v1.7
    - 100% Stock theme available (Downloads notification still screwy though)
    - Fully themed version available (MikFroyo theme by aamikam)
    - Reverted to older default.acdb for louder sound
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Flash
    - Removed Google Voice (no more issues updating ;))
    - some new walls
    [/SIZE]
    SkinnyEvo has been updated to the Final Edition. Thanks to everyone for your support. I worked hard on this and hope you enjoy it.

-phiredrop
    Exciting changes in version 2.1, out now!

Please see changelog for details.